xisto Community
haseeb1405241472

Download Manager

Well, since I have MSN i use msns download manager, whenm usually downloading things off download.com. Almost every download you get goes off of your internet speed, even if you nopen IE and download something off of that.

You could use the download manager that comes with Firefox, which is very reliableDitto For OperaORFreshdownload - very simple to use and effective download managerFlashget - Very popular, haven't tried it myselfFree Download Manger - what I use, tons of features for free, and wonderful site crawlers.

DAP is the most popular , but I found its interface to be the LAMEST ( if that's a correct word ) It is so DULL , it wasnt even designed, , it's just a list of features thrown at your face .... I hate it so muchI've been using Getright for the past 4 years , I found it great but I honestly was using an illegal version , so I searched for a freeware alternative .....and i found LeechGet 2004 , it's simple , fast and very customizable if u want it to be .... very recommended ..

I've been using GetRight for years and years. But the current trila version is a bit annoying... So inpired by this thread I'm gonna fix my download manager. As I type this I'm downloading that LeechGet. BTW thanks for the hint CryptonX.

well, i wouldnt use any of the download managers, they just give you popups and viruses and they dont go away even if you unistall them and delete them...your best off going to dc and downloading direct connect! its kinda complicated, but once you get the hang of it, its easy to use with fast connections and everything! also now download managers, no adds or anything! ^_^

When I am in Linux, firefox's downloader is used for small files, right click a link,then save as ^_^ . d4x is a sofeware similar to FlashGet. It is worthy of trying it, it is free of charge.Fedora Core 3's ISOs are downloaded by BT.