xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

what do you think of Gmail

Im getting Gmail invites faster than i can give them away... as are most gmail users i think.most online forums have a htread dedicated to giving away gmail invites.ask and thou shal recieve.

Its ok that its proving 1GB but it is in under testing conditions so u people dont save ur important data ... beacause in term of any condition that Gmail refuse to give u access anymore to the email box...... than what people u do! so its better to use http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ also offers 1000MB email space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a Hige Link for advertisments...

looks like they use you as targets for advertisements...

do you use the account ?

how many advrtisements are you sibjected to ?

it looks good, but it doesnt have the other advantages of Gmail like GmailFS :)

the thing i like about gmail is the no frills simplicity. Loads fast, even on 56k dial up users.

if it wasnt for my ISP POP account being discoverd by spammers i would still prefere that account.

im paying for it, might aswell use it.

Its ok that its proving 1GB but it is in under testing conditions so u people dont save ur important data ... beacause in term of any condition that Gmail refuse to give u access anymore to the email box...... than what people u do! so its better to use http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ also offers 1000MB email space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But Is gawab free? I went to the site and it gave two options... a gold and a silverone... It seemed too nice to be free. But then again gmail also sounds too nice to be free.

DUUDE ! no ! never ever ever just post your email account on a forum like that... especially your gmail account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No harm in sharing your email address here at forum, specially if it's gmail.

Come on, gmail is one GB, it would take years for spammer to fill it up. BTW my addr is please.do.not.email.me@gmail.com. And I won't mind publishing it here.

The danger of putting up your e-mail address is that people can mass spam you with e-mail based subscriptions and stuff. Very dangerous to give out your e-mail on a forum where anyone and everyone could see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are welcome to mass email me. Infact I want my gmail account to get full, Just to see it at 100% :)

As a matter of fact, I subscribed to two hugh mailing lists just to fill up my gmail acount. I'm getting around 300+ email a day there. Though they all go to their respective labels. I don't want to make my inbox crowded.

In case you want to hit me,

please.do.not.email.me@gmail.com

I actually like it better because IT IS web-paged e-mail retriving. But that's just meh. You really should try web-based retrieving. And if you didn't know, gmail.google.com is the address you use to retrieve your e-mail.

It is absolutely unpractical.. there is no pop3 or smtp server... I can't use it with my mail client and there is no extra stuff that are so cool..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no pop3 or smpt becasue its ad based. If they let you send/receive mail without the ads, how would they make money.

BTW there are some third part utilities available which provide fake pop3 and smtp for gmail. I don't remember the links. Will find out