xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

what do you think of Gmail

I love my GMail account. I don't see why it's still in beta when they are giving everyone with an account 50 invites. Everbody most likely know someone with a GMail account. With the ever increasing storage space, and the exciting new features being implemented with every passing day, who could afford not to have an account. I highly recommend getting an account with GMail, you won't be dissapointed.

I have used Gmail for about 3 or 4 months, and find it an extremely nice email service. It has around 2125 MB (at little over 2 GB) of free storage per user (and is steadily increasing its storage). This is absolutely the most free storage space I've EVER seen in an email service. Also, instead of cluttering your inbox with tons of replies to your emails, it groups them in 'conversations,' or when someone replies to an email of yours, it appears as one conversation where you can view all responses with one click. Also, it has an autocomplete fuction for typing in email addresses when you compose a new one. If the email address is customerservice@dell.com, and you've sent an email to that person before, it will show up when you just type the letter c (as will any other previously sent to addresses that start with c).Anyway, if anyone is interested in a gmail account, email me at KylePerkins88@gmail.com and I'll give you an invite.-Kyle

For webmasters, goto isnoop.net and make your email address into HTML characters. Spam Bots won't harvest yout email as it will look like a pile of jumble.As for gmail, its darn cool alrite, but nowadays, people don't need so much space. It's its archive feature, fast server, etc. that attracts me the most!

How many of these threads are there about Gmail? Anyway, in my opinion, Gmail is awesome. Its fast, easy to use, ingenious, and best of all - from Google!!!Did you know you can sign up and help translate Gmail into other languages? I'm on the list helping to translate it into Pig Latin!

I recently created my gmail box and am quite happy with it. It's awesome when you have such a big mailbox and you can receive big files. This service is very usefull. And another cool thing about it is that the size of the mailbox is traising every day :P

I like it a lot. It really is a nice service, even if the targeted ad algorithms are a bit "big brother-ish" It's nice to be able to search mail, and the idea of allowing messages to belong to multiple groups at the same time is cool. And the ever-increasing space quotia ain't bad either.

the targeted ad algorithms are a bit "big brother-ish"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think they're "big brotherish" at all. What you forget is that all the other email providers scan your mail too, for spam and viruses. Google is doing exactly the same thing as a spam filter, except rather than sticking your message in a folder marked "spam" it makes some adverts that are relevant to it.

Also, if you think Gmail is bad, AOL's terms of service state:

We encourage you to tell us what your marketing preferences are for your personal data. Unless and until you "opt-out", your name and contact details may be (a) used by AOL Group Companies, such as AOL (UK) Limited, until 12 months after your AOL membership ceases, and (:P passed to selected third party suppliers of goods and services and advertisers until 6 months after you cease to be an AOL Member, for marketing goods and services to you.

By submitting content to public areas of AOL (such as message boards and chat rooms) you represent that you have permission to do so. And in doing so, you grant AOL Group Companies a licence to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that content in any form, anywhere, and waive all moral rights (namely, the right to be identified as the author, and the right to integrity, of the content) and undertake that all such moral rights have been waived in respect of the content.

Scary, huh?

Yeah, those AOL policies look pretty bad, but then again, I would never use AOL because they stink in so many other ways too. Still, note that I didn't say that Google/G-Mail was big brother , I just said that the policies of using the contents of e-mails to target ads was a BIT big brother-ish.

I like Gmail a lot. The 2Gb's of space is nice, but I'm never going to use that much. I really like how your responses are arranged in tabs and overall I like how the interface is set up.