xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

what do you think of Gmail

I'm using Gmail exclusively now, I've abandoned all my other mailboxes as Gmail is simply great.- I never need to delete anything- I can always search for mails, all the way to the first mail I sent\receied- Uses a DHTML scheme that works very quickly

GMail has almost anything you can wish from a free webmail service. First of all - NO BANNERS or any other ADS on your emails.Conversation SupportLabelsVery Good SearchSpam FilteringEMail receive rulesVery good HTML email supportand many other features. I really like GMail.

My honest opinion is why?

Who would need that much space, I know its alot and people think bigger is better but do you really use most of that space?

:)

~ Munchie ~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know. They just raise it so more people get an account. People don't relize the question until they have 500 messages in their inbox and you free space finally reached 1% of 100. I want to see someones account that managed to get it full, I mean, without sending a bunch of E-mails to yourself.

Also, Google is a multi-million dollar company. They can afford this much room fairley easiley. I wish I could create a search engine and make 25,000 dollars a day... That would be cool.

Basically, you get so much space so that you won't need to delete anything, even if you send a large file to somebody or receive a large file, in other e-mail services your first instict will be to delete it to conserve space, in gmail you have to power to keep it so that it become archived and you have access to it even if it gets deleted off of every local device.

I have simultaneous email accounts on hotmail, yahoo, lycos and gmail (oh and my ISP email doesn't count). I guess I don't like depending on just one. I got all these at about the same time when I started working on the internet. Without a doubt gmail is my favorite and lycos is the worst. The main reason is speed. It takes a while for gmail to load but once it is loaded its responses are nearly instantaneous. However, you do if you are used to slow speed internet, you may be used to using the back button to navigate. Don't do this in gmail use the navigation buttons on the page, they are much faster. Also the organization may take getting used to. Here is a typical inboxme, Steve (4) How are youMichael, me (5) What about this!The means 4 correspondences between me and Steve on the topic "How are you", and 5 correspondences between Michael and me on the topic "What about this!"This helps keep the list of emails down quite a bit.I should say that the main thing I was looking for when hunting for email sites was something I could use without lowering my security settings. I now have all of the above working by setting up trusted sites, although lycos seemed to work without it and both hotmail and yahoo seem periodically change the trusted site you have to use (which I guess they do for their own security).

GMAIL HAS A LOT OF SECURITY ISSUES.YOU CAN JUST SEND A FAKE EMAIL AND IT DOSENT GO TO THE SPAM FOLDER. VERY INSECURE FOR NEWBIES.MY EMAIL: ibnuasad(at)gmail.com

gmail without a doubt the best free email service provider i have ever used. with over 2.2gb of storage space who can resist, i have a gmail account and i love it, although i have been getting spammed alot by russian people and someone named gemma brown, it does have some security issues but as long as you dont open emails that arnt familliar you should be fine, other that that on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, i give gmail an 11.

DUUDE ! no ! never ever ever just post your email account on a forum like that... especially your gmail account.

spammers use things called spipers or bots or whatever that scan websites. ESPECIALLY open forums like this looking for emails to spam and sell to other spammers.

the best way to protect yourself from spam, is only giveout your email to firends, or websites that do not display your email on web pages.

its reeealy bad with gmail, as you cant just get anouther acount when this one is spammed up.

if i were you, i would remove my email from every public webpage you have posted it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, that's great advice to everyone, in all forums.. Spam mail sucks!!

--I wanna sign up for Gmail and get away from my current acount at Yahoo. The descriptions I hear about Gmail sound really nice.