xisto Community
OpaQue

Migrating To New Server Soon..

Hello All,We will be migrating this forum to a New Server soon. Its an Experiment and during this process there are 2 cases :-1. Best Case - All Goes Well @ upto 15 min. downtime.2. Worst Case - All Goes Well @ Downtime more than 15 min.I will update this topic on the Day I do this.Then for 3 Days we would be Testing the New Setup - hoping for the Best. If Things do not proceed as Expected, We will be forced to revert back to Old Setup. And It will again mean we are back to stage 1 process of re-migrating the data but vice versa. i.e. Getting latest updates from New Server back to Old-Server.If new Setup Rocks - I will party for a day and get busy with with Post-Migration Work from the next day on wards... :wacko: Wish me Luck ^_^

Is this Migration scheduled yet?Please post the scheduled time and date when it is known, thanks OpaQue.

The migration that is talked about in this topic has been successfully completed and the forum version is upgraded to the latest.

ok The Official Guru thank you for letting us know but i was not on when you were performing it so never noticed. well its all working well so i guess your migration went great and successful.

Hi c4l,It is nice to know that the users are not facing any issue while being on the forum, we hope that the efforts of the "Official Guru" brings in more members and the discussions are even more enriched with information.

HI Moderator;

Yes the The Official Guru done a brillant job,

it works fine and members are not experiencing any difficulty after migration.

hope you's are having a great day moderator, and The Official Guru

OpaQue,I am seeing something that you might want to know about.On the top Navbar, the Forum link is showing twice as the current "tab".I have a screenprint showing the duplicate "Forum" tab, if you need to view it, let me know.

i am sorry but I am having some problems with Mycents credits because I made some post and all I got for them was 6.99 Mycents when before I got aproximately 30-40 mycents. I want to hear the opinion of other users to know if this is a bug in the new update or only I am having this problem. Opaque please can you help me? Thank you.

Hi!I noticed the new forum version only because the logo reads "IPS Community" instead of Xisto. Compared to the effort involved in upgrading WordPress, there's a lot required to upgrade Invision Power Board for Xisto. Perhaps we should try to have a go at using bbPress (the WordPress-based forum software)? It is more modular and it is easier to develop plugins for too (similar to WordPress plugins, you have to code plugins with filters or actions; if you can build WordPress plugins, you should be able to create bbPress plugins too).

Hi!
I noticed the new forum version only because the logo reads "IPS Community" instead of Xisto. Compared to the effort involved in upgrading WordPress, there's a lot required to upgrade Invision Power Board for Xisto. Perhaps we should try to have a go at using bbPress (the WordPress-based forum software)? It is more modular and it is easier to develop plugins for too (similar to WordPress plugins, you have to code plugins with filters or actions; if you can build WordPress plugins, you should be able to create bbPress plugins too).

I just noticed it but only because you alerted me!

I did notice an issue with the links at the top (for example, right now for me the 2nd and 4th links are both for "Forums" and both are highlighted at the same time) but didn't think too much of it. Just figured some custom additions were added and it messed something up.

I'm not really against moving to new forum software, but I have the feeling that the migration process (especially with how many posts/users there are) might be tough, not to mention needing a re-working of the MyCents script and whatnot.

As far as I'm aware, there is no software capable of porting from IPS to Wordpess. Plus, the functionality we require would not likely be available without extensive custom modifications.

Everything's great right now. And if it's not a business secret , how are incomes going? We, members want to help since you give as many free things.

I've been wondering this myself, but I don't think they'll open up to sharing that information, sadly. I'd like to know how well the forums are doing at supporting the cost of our hosting, and especially if there is anything wrong that may be pushing them to turning off the MyCent system or something.

Well it's world crisis and I wouldn't be surprised. However it's much easier for a business like this to handle it and even make incomes more than other jobs.We are helpful , we can make a lot of posts or even promote this site to friends , like a FB page etc. and get things going. That's why I think it's easier for the administrator to say about it because it will help both him/them and us , and everything is going to be in the right place.