xisto Community
ManifestMW2

Justin Bieber

I dont like him...hes only what 15-16 and hes talkn bout love n all that *BLEEP*, he makes me wanna punch him in the face with his gay voice...he should have a deep voice by now he needs to drop his balls already haha

I really don't know why people don't like him. Yes... he IS 15 and 16. Yes, his voice isn't low. And yes... he hasn't hit puberty. But still. Is it because people are jealous about his singing talent or something? Because really, he does have a singing talent, and while his songs are all about love and he probably don't know enough about love, sometimes, I just think that people are jealous of his success and that is the main reason for all of the hate towards him.Just saying.And no, I'm not a Justin Bieber fan. It's just something I noticed.

I don't like Justin Bieber but I don't hate him either... he's just trying to make the best money out of this "situation" he has, I know i would too. But in the end, either he becomes Justin Timberlake #2 when he grows up and becomes a legend or becomes Home Alone Kid #423423 who gets thrown out when he becomes old... only time will tell.

I know a lot of people won't like him because of his image (an annoying prepubescent boy who came from an affluent family but talks about lovin' up his "honies"). But a lot of his fans make the assumption that 'haters' are jealous of his success, rather than contemptuous. We hold contempt for his success because we know it's not all good: he shifts CDs like nobodies business and makes out like a bandit, yet he one of the most hated figures in music, and potentially the most hated teenager of all time (unless France used to have a teenage monarch during the 18th century, I don't know).I personally don't like him because he represents everything wrong with modern music. His songs are commercialized, produced in about 2 hours, and sell in excess of a million copies: all thanks to image. His fans claim to like his music, but if Justin Bieber didn't look like a non-threatening whiteboy with a punchable face (apparently it's quite sexy for 12 year old girls) he wouldn't have a career, nor would he have been noticed by Usher. The message is, if you have some sort of physical trait that appeals to the masses, you can succeed in a career that previously required talent.

I really don't know why people don't like him. Yes... he IS 15 and 16. Yes, his voice isn't low. And yes... he hasn't hit puberty. But still. Is it because people are jealous about his singing talent or something? Because really, he does have a singing talent, and while his songs are all about love and he probably don't know enough about love, sometimes, I just think that people are jealous of his success and that is the main reason for all of the hate towards him.
Just saying.

And no, I'm not a Justin Bieber fan. It's just something I noticed.

He doesn't have a singing talent, really, if you compare him to other artists (and even to people who aren't famous). He just has a good publicist.

I know a lot of people won't like him because of his image (an annoying prepubescent boy who came from an affluent family but talks about lovin' up his "honies"). But a lot of his fans make the assumption that 'haters' are jealous of his success, rather than contemptuous. We hold contempt for his success because we know it's not all good: he shifts CDs like nobodies business and makes out like a bandit, yet he one of the most hated figures in music, and potentially the most hated teenager of all time (unless France used to have a teenage monarch during the 18th century, I don't know).
I personally don't like him because he represents everything wrong with modern music. His songs are commercialized, produced in about 2 hours, and sell in excess of a million copies: all thanks to image. His fans claim to like his music, but if Justin Bieber didn't look like a non-threatening whiteboy with a punchable face (apparently it's quite sexy for 12 year old girls) he wouldn't have a career, nor would he have been noticed by Usher. The message is, if you have some sort of physical trait that appeals to the masses, you can succeed in a career that previously required talent.

True that. If he wasn't such a "bishie", he would never be famous, really. First time I heard him sing, I thought it was a girl. He really doesn't compare to other singers: like Charice Pempengco for instance. Charice can actually sing (I don't like her because she's from my country); she has actual talent. The only reason Charice doesn't have as many fans as Justin Bieber is because 1) she's Asian (and a lot of Westerners, in my very, very honest opinion, could care less about Asians and would worship an American/Canadian/European more) and 2) she's a girl (boys won't openly declare being a fan as quick as girls).

Anyway, lulz timez! The Onion on Justin Bieber.
Edited by Adell (see edit history)

He doesn't have a singing talent, really, if you compare him to other artists (and even to people who aren't famous). He just has a good publicist.

I wouldn't say that he doesn't have a singing talent. He has lots of talent but you will find people (including me) who don't like his singing style. However, I believe most of the haters come from bandwagon. I actually think his songs are pretty catchy but I could only listen to them through covers from people.

From the looks of it, it seems as if Justin Bieber has way more haters than fans. If you look at his "Baby" music video on YouTube, you will find that there are more dislikes than likes. If it weren't for the girls having "Bieber Fever", he wouldn't be where he is today.

Truthfully, I think that people like Alex Goot and Sam Tsui deserve much more than they do now. These people are the people who have real talent and should get signed.

If certain people I know in real life hadn't mentioned him, then I wouldn't
even know who he was. I've never heard his music before. Chances
are he won't be around for long anyway.
Some new kid star will come around in a year or two to replace him and he will dissappear into obscurity.

I wouldn't say that he doesn't have a singing talent. He has lots of talent but you will find people (including me) who don't like his singing style. However, I believe most of the haters come from bandwagon. I actually think his songs are pretty catchy but I could only listen to them through covers from people.
From the looks of it, it seems as if Justin Bieber has way more haters than fans. If you look at his "Baby" music video on YouTube, you will find that there are more dislikes than likes. If it weren't for the girls having "Bieber Fever", he wouldn't be where he is today.

Truthfully, I think that people like Alex Goot and Sam Tsui deserve much more than they do now. These people are the people who have real talent and should get signed.

I guess after all this time, what makes Justin Beiber the famous teenage boy he is is due to many factors - his race, where he comes from, his looks, his voice/singing talent, his age, and the circumstances in his family that allows him to be "discovered". After all, I do agree with Adell that white boys do have a lot lot lot more advantage in succeeding in his career compared to Asian girls, because of the race AND the sex. After all, imagine in the king of pop (mic jackson) was a female. He definitely wouldn't be as successful as he is today, and if michael jackson was asian... even if he sang in english...Well, lets not get into that. I'm not sure about Justin Beiber having no singing talent at all. The average guy wouldn't even be able to sing as well as him, and unless you are comparing him with the people that DO have a lot of singing talent, compared to the average guy, I would say that he has. Or at least, his voice allows him to sing good. (Haven't you notice? His voice is that sort of voice that sounds musical). Apart from that, he doesn't really put as much emotion as other people singing it, so... that might be where he lacks the talent of singing or something. But anyways. Justin Beiber is famous now. He does have a lot of haters. What will happen in the future, is going to happen. So lets just sit back and relax and enjoy the show. :)

Really? Wow... I wonder who would do that? :P Haha. I wonder whoo.... How do you know though? :/ But that's pretty funny. :P I don't think I'm surprised, though in a way it's kinda ironic how people hate Justin Beiber, and yet would spend time hacking his account and deleting his videos.

Well not much into american musicians and never heard of him. looks like new guy or kid in the music scene. have to google now after reading so much rant about him. what's the fuss is about ? i mean is he another justin timberlake ? or some hyped guy ?. glad i rarely listen to american pop.

I heard that he is popular, but I never really listen to him as it seems to be pointless, there's much more better music out there than Bieber, so I can say I hate him, even though I don't know him? :DI usually like to laugh from all the fun stuff about him in different photoshoped pictures and comics and etc. even though I don't know any songs, nor I would liked them. Didn't south park made fun of him? or family guy, can't really remember. ;D

I say what happened to the people who could really sing. Where are the Whitney Houston's and Aretha Franklin's. I am sure we have some talented singers in the world, but they are ignored and instead we take trash and half azed talent. I don't think Justin Bieber can sing compared to what real singing is, but I can say the same for about half of the people that are currently within the music industry. I think that a lot of people hate Justin because it is fake, not necessarily because he can't sing. His initial image was targeted towards being a "thug", and it was completely laughable in my opinion. I remember seeing him trying to dance and everything, and it just wasn't working. It reminded me of P Diddy, who has never been able to dance but is always dancing all over the stage for some stupid reason. However, I mean, thats really just the industry and you can't really blame Bieber. If I was told to try to form a particular image in order to make money and album sells, I would do it too, so I can't really blame him.

Personally, I feel indifferent towards Bieber, the same way I feel to many other celebrities. He's just another celebrity to me, but he produces great music. I mean, you have to give it to him for making "One time" and "One Less lonely girl". He's making his name known quick and the next thing you know it, he's already in the top of the music charts. And he's at a young age. This reminds me of Willow Smith, she's 9 years old and aspired to be an artist as well! These artists are what you would call talented singers.Not much people like Bieber though. Can you blame them? Some people hate his voice, but personally I think he can sing--well, even!Anyone agree with me?

Really? Wow... I wonder who would do that? :P Haha. I wonder whoo.... How do you know though? :/ But that's pretty funny. :P I don't think I'm surprised, though in a way it's kinda ironic how people hate Justin Beiber, and yet would spend time hacking his account and deleting his videos.

HMmmm.... I do wonder. Especially how he has more dislikes than likes on his hit song (600 thousand dislikes). I do not know how that works. His Baby music video is one of the most seen videos on YouTube but it has around 50% more dislikes than likes. Most videos on YouTube's "most viewed" have like a 10:1 (like:dislike) ratio.