xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

Mycents Are Not Updating Please help me...

I just hope it all gets fixed up. I am not paying my Hosting plan with PayPal all the time... For some reason after trying to add some funds to my Xisto account, it says "Due Invoices Balance: $14.00 USD"...I was like...WTF!?!! - Then I realized that the $14 was for the funds, so I just completed the invoice. :lol:

well, i don't know about you guys, but i received an email from xisto when the mycent system is back and my mycent was about 0.0$ dollars, and after that i received another email about updating mycent in here.

To calm everyone fears about this, the reason for the long update is that the script is going through the databases and because of that it takes up a nice chunk of the server load. Think of this way, if the script was running at real time odds are you see a lot of down time and so I would suspect that OpaQue is checking out how the server is handling this script to see what kind of damage it does.This happen before when it was first introduce so give it time and it will most likely be brought down to 30-60 minute mark for auto-updating MyCents.As for the email, check your spam folder to see if got booted into there.

I've gotten two emails and three updates. I think those of you who aren't getting emails need to check your accounts and quit worrying so much.As for those of you who haven't even gotten an update (when you check your account), I'd highly suggest you PM Opaque about it and see what he says. Maybe the script skips people or maybe you had spam posts that were recalculated in it.

To calm everyone fears about this, the reason for the long update is that the script is going through the databases and because of that it takes up a nice chunk of the server load. Think of this way, if the script was running at real time odds are you see a lot of down time and so I would suspect that OpaQue is checking out how the server is handling this script to see what kind of damage it does.
This happen before when it was first introduce so give it time and it will most likely be brought down to 30-60 minute mark for auto-updating MyCents.

As for the email, check your spam folder to see if got booted into there.

Way ahead of you... I check my spam mailbox days ago. Nothings there and i thin its because of Microsoft Live blocking emaiosmfrom xisto or something like that... But it doesn't go with the fact that i get mycent update emails everytime i get a dollar.

I agree with SM - let's wait for a while before starting to complain about how late the updates are. The script is still in BETA so naturally it needs to be tested fully before being unleashed onto the forum :) After all, a late update is much better than no update at all, don't you agree?

I agree with SM - let's wait for a while before starting to complain about how late the updates are. The script is still in BETA so naturally it needs to be tested fully before being unleashed onto the forum After all, a late update is much better than no update at all, don't you agree?

i COMPLETELY agree with you simpleton, a late update is much more better than no update at all.
and to be fair, really i don't see there's anything in mycent system to complain about. at least now, the mycent system is just came back to work a few days ago, and it is in beta and opaque still testing things here with the new script for the better of everyone. so let's be patient in here, and let everything take its time. and never forget that we waited the mycent system for more than two months to back to work, so let's give it more time to work properly.

i COMPLETELY agree with you simpleton, a late update is much more better than no update at all.and to be fair, really i don't see there's anything in mycent system to complain about. at least now, the mycent system is just came back to work a few days ago, and it is in beta and opaque still testing things here with the new script for the better of everyone. so let's be patient in here, and let everything take its time. and never forget that we waited the mycent system for more than two months to back to work, so let's give it more time to work properly.

That's right. For the past two months we've all been breathing down on Opaque to bring back the script soon and now that it has finally arrived we're pushing it even before it has settled down!

That's right. For the past two months we've all been breathing down on Opaque to bring back the script soon and now that it has finally arrived we're pushing it even before it has settled down!

Yeah, that is kind of irritating me. No matter what OpaQue does people keep complaining. People need to start understanding that work isn't instant; that's why it's called "work."

Yeah, that is kind of irritating me. No matter what OpaQue does people keep complaining. People need to start understanding that work isn't instant; that's why it's called "work."

Let's face it things are broken here ever since the name update. There was mycents downtime on that time as well. We old folks on the forums know that there needs to patience but you gotta understand that when things are broken like this then such things happen. We're helping each other on forums and trying to keep cool. But think about it, if forums are broken since may with random mycent downtime and uptime then to whom we're trying to convince ? newcomers or ourselves ?
I know opaque is busy with life and work. But see this way, he updated this forum with name change so there is lot of loss there in terms of forums and revenue plus traffic. And in that situation if mycents goes down then it'll affect internal and external traffic as well. Just because members keep patience doesn't mean that this place will remain cool. New members and guest do view this forum and many are keeping tab on forums, who knows ? so if mycent downtime is frequent and if we're talking about it then it's not our fault but opaque's. It's our job to keep this community but it's his work to keep us sticky in this community. I'm not blaming opaque but if mycents are going down randomly like this then new upadte sucks no matter how good it is for us. Besides new mycents are not manual as far as my observation goes. You can verify it with yourself that mycents are not updated in last few hours (more than 24 hours perhaps) . Even old script with regular update was good than this regular mycent downtime. That's all i can say.

Let's face it things are broken here ever since the name update. There was mycents downtime on that time as well. We old folks on the forums know that there needs to patience but you gotta understand that when things are broken like this then such things happen. We're helping each other on forums and trying to keep cool. But think about it, if forums are broken since may with random mycent downtime and uptime then to whom we're trying to convince ? newcomers or ourselves ?
I know opaque is busy with life and work. But see this way, he updated this forum with name change so there is lot of loss there in terms of forums and revenue plus traffic. And in that situation if mycents goes down then it'll affect internal and external traffic as well. Just because members keep patience doesn't mean that this place will remain cool. New members and guest do view this forum and many are keeping tab on forums, who knows ? so if mycent downtime is frequent and if we're talking about it then it's not our fault but opaque's. It's our job to keep this community but it's his work to keep us sticky in this community. I'm not blaming opaque but if mycents are going down randomly like this then new upadte sucks no matter how good it is for us. Besides new mycents are not manual as far as my observation goes. You can verify it with yourself that mycents are not updated in last few hours (more than 24 hours perhaps) . Even old script with regular update was good than this regular mycent downtime. That's all i can say.

I don't understand where the view that the name change caused it to lose traffic and stuff. How?

When I came back here I used the Xisto address. It still works. So any links previously up in any search engine, whether pointing to Xisto or Xisto, work just fine.

So this idea that things were lost in the process makes no sense. Nothing was lost because everything that was there before is still there now.

Now, yes, there were issues with the scripts. But OpaQue doesn't *owe* us anything. If you read the ToS or whatever I highly doubt it states that we are guaranteed to have working scripts and free hosting. In fact, he could take it down right this second, delete all our posts, and our hosting, and there is nothing that can be done about it. We were never contractually guaranteed anything; thus he owes nothing. So any complains you all have about what is "broken" or what you can't get is irrelevant -- he could ignore it all and never give hosting again if he wanted to.

All complaining does is cause people to do one of the following:

1) Work slower because they have to keep putting up with the stress of reading the threads over and over. This also causes work to slow down due to the time reading. I promise you, working slower isn't going to make things go faster.

2) Remove the scripts until people quit complaining, as a punishment for it.

3) Remove the site due to people constantly trying to bring it down with their negativity.

All of the above are possible solutions for resolving the issues of people constantly complaining. I personally don't want any of them to happen, but clearly a few people on the forums *do*.

I don't understand where the view that the name change caused it to lose traffic and stuff. How?
When I came back here I used the Xisto address. It still works. So any links previously up in any search engine, whether pointing to Xisto or Xisto, work just fine.

it's quite simple. Xisto is now an addon domain. you can't optimize for addon domains. eventually all threads will be changed over to Xisto. when that happens, the threads will lose their rank because Xisto is a new domain. so obviously when this happens, we are getting less exposure. even the new threads wont rank as quick because of the new domain. in the meantime, it will cause traffic to lower and the loss of advertising monies that would have normally been made with "Xisto" if we didn't change over to a new name. that's why it is important that after opaque gets finished with the new office and stuff, there should have to be an advertising campaign here to make up for the losses(in my opinion). not so much for the revenues earned from google or kontera, but the active members to get this forum hopping again like it was 3 years ago.

it's quite simple. Xisto is now an addon domain. you can't optimize for addon domains. eventually all threads will be changed over to Xisto. when that happens, the threads will lose their rank because Xisto is a new domain. so obviously when this happens, we are getting less exposure. even the new threads wont rank as quick because of the new domain. in the meantime, it will cause traffic to lower and the loss of advertising monies that would have normally been made with "Xisto" if we didn't change over to a new name. that's why it is important that after opaque gets finished with the new office and stuff, there should have to be an advertising campaign here to make up for the losses(in my opinion). not so much for the revenues earned from google or kontera, but the active members to get this forum hopping again like it was 3 years ago.

I'm not sure about Yahoo, MSN, etc. but Google doesn't dock you for changing domains. They quit that a couple years ago when they added a feature to their site to notify them of your domain changes so they could automatically start changing their spidered links into the new domain's format.

I'm sure the other search engines have some ability like that as well.

I'm not sure about Yahoo, MSN, etc. but Google doesn't dock you for changing domains.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! think what you will :)

Come on, i understand what are you talking about in here. but REALLY, he is a human and we should give him the time to breath. he is just finished from the mycents problem and he is still testing it. let's giving him a time to relax and think, we can't keep on complaining and pushing him with error after another. there should be breaks so he could rearrange his ideas, and fix things step by step.

i am quite sure he is aware of everything happening in here, so REALLY we don't have to keep on complaining BUT we could do better than that and point the errors and be supportive.

besides, what is the damages if mycents won't update regularly for now, after the system is back, we all got a big amount of mycents to cover our hosting for two months or more. so no one will be in need to mycents for the next couple of months and till then opaque will fix things and everything will back to normal, and eventually everyone will get his mycents, and already have enough mycent to cover his hosting. so really no need to complain right now.

In fact, he could take it down right this second, delete all our posts, and our hosting, and there is nothing that can be done about it. We were never contractually guaranteed anything; thus he owes nothing. So any complains you all have about what is "broken" or what you can't get is irrelevant -- he could ignore it all and never give hosting again if he wanted to.

no rpgsearcherz, i disagree with you here, he owes us to build a good forum and offer us a good hosting, he should do that since we are here for him and for his site. it is kind of an interrelationship between us, that has been build on two main basis:

-first: the business, we feed his forums, keep it active and full of information and good quality posts, and he gives us a free hosting instead.

- second: the loyalty: a lot of members are not here not because of mycents or to get a free hosting but because they love this forums and care for it. they give a lot of their time in here because they trust and respect the admin, the mod and the other members and they know they are respected too, so their time in here is worthy, so they are still loyal to these forums, and this is exactly what opaque trying to build in here.

these two factors are the main reasons that make opaque owes us just like we owe him a lot. it is an interrelationship between we and him, if any part of this is lost then the other will be too.

btw: if opaque was from that kind of persons, then me and a lot won't bother themselves about the forum, but i know he is trustful and respect his members, also he already promised to keep this forum till he pass it to his son jack or jimmy, i can't remember ;) .