xisto Community
rpgsearcherz

Mycent Update!

buffalohelp if thge mycents system is so stable? why is it still in beta? seems as though you are confused and prematurely closing topics

buffalohelp if thge mycents system is so stable? why is it still in beta? seems as though you are confused and prematurely closing topics

Thats what I was going to ask... but couldn't since the topic was closed :) It is FAR away from being stable. It doesn't work for half the people and if it does work, it works rarely. I thought it was supposed to be every 24 hours... it does it every 2 or 3 days for me. And i get FAR less than the amount i used to... so the system probably changed. IF it did, these things have to be told to your Members...

Thanks Buff for closing the old topic.

I will track this topic now for updates. The script is stable now except for the part which handles accounts whose myCENT-link is broken due to e-mail change. If I automate this part, it may end up sending spam. So presently, any broken accounts will get a mail from me personally asking them to update their email :)

I have set the script on cron to execute once a day.

@anwii - you can assume, the script is out of beta and now stable.

Thanks Buff for closing the old topic.

I will track this topic now for updates. The script is stable now except for the part which handles accounts whose myCENT-link is broken due to e-mail change. If I automate this part, it may end up sending spam. So presently, any broken accounts will get a mail from me personally asking them to update their email :)

I have set the script on cron to execute once a day.

@anwii - you can assume, the script is out of beta and now stable.

if it is now stable and out of beta, then why did you quote an exception to your statement towards me? obviously it is not stable if someone uses different email accounts or if someone changes email accounts. do you really think this wasn't relevant to the topic buffalo help closed???? in fact, there are a couple more threads that need closing if closing threads is what we are up to right now....... and don't smiley face me trying to get people to presume that the credit system is out of beta. i know better.....and buff was wrong to cloe one of the threads!

if it is now stable and out of beta, then why did you quote an exception to your statement towards me? obviously it is not stable if someone uses different email accounts or if someone changes email accounts. do you really think this wasn't relevant to the topic buffalo help closed???? in fact, there are a couple more threads that need closing if closing threads is what we are up to right now....... and don't smiley face me trying to get people to presume that the credit system is out of beta. i know better.....and buff was wrong to cloe one of the threads!

Well it seems to be working. i got some mo money today :). i need a lot more though. I'm going for the whole she-bang.
The bestest hosting, the bestest in everything. It's a good thing I like to talk :)

Hmm so the myCENT system is out of beta according to OpaQue and not, according to anwiii. While the new system may not be totally perfect yet, it is at least doing its job once a day and is spreading the wondrous reward of myCENTs all over the forum! Except for those members whose e-mail change caused their updates to stall,the rest of the members seem to be getting their updates pretty regularly. Of course there are a few who aren't satisfied with the amount they're getting, but it's still something which is better than nothing at all. If I have to wait for some more time for the system to reach a state where everyone will call it as "stable", then I'm prepared to wait, as long as it doesn't stop functioning altogether.

@anwiii: <insert smiley here!>

I don't get if you are mad that the mycents aren't working or because the thread was closed! :huh:

I hope they don't factor in (the reputation points) because then the forums will turn into a popularity contest. You know, the "if you +rep me I'll +rep you so we both benefit" type of thing.
I just see it as being more destructive than helpful. Not to mention people could have someone they dislike for whatever reason and get others to -rep them solely because they can.

Maybe this is a little offtopic but this system for "rep" worked on a romanian forum I frequently use.
To stop the rep + from one user to another they choose to make it completely anonymous so no one knew who gave him +REP. It's a little hard to get used to it in the begining but in the long run this system works like a charm.

I'm just sayin'.

Hmm so the myCENT system is out of beta according to OpaQue and not, according to anwiii. While the new system may not be totally perfect yet, it is at least doing its job once a day and is spreading the wondrous reward of myCENTs all over the forum! Except for those members whose e-mail change caused their updates to stall,the rest of the members seem to be getting their updates pretty regularly. Of course there are a few who aren't satisfied with the amount they're getting, but it's still something which is better than nothing at all. If I have to wait for some more time for the system to reach a state where everyone will call it as "stable", then I'm prepared to wait, as long as it doesn't stop functioning altogether.

well either the mycent system is out of beta or not. it is still working the same for me. as i said before, i noticed that if i posted daily i wil get about 2-3$ if not i will get 1$. and i didn't post for some days and i got nothing :).
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

wisdom flag or reputation has been given to a member when he/she post something that deserve to be given a wisdom flag from others, or if a member helped you and you want to thank him/her so you can give him a wisdom flag.
and you can give it to any member by clicking on the plus "+" sign in the bottom right of every topic or post.

Damnit! I missed my +1 Rep by explaining how the Wisdom flag thingy works! It always works like a charm... :D

@inea - but be sure to give it only when its absolutely necessary... don't click it on every other post. ;)