xisto Community
rpgsearcherz

Mycent Update!

yeah! finally, the myCENTS are updated! I never noticed it at first, now I do... i got 2x the amount I had before, now I plan to spam the forum until i get 500 posts :P Nice job, OpaQue. I didn't notice any slow down when the myCents were being calculated. I even feel that this myCENTS is more lightweight compared to myCent v3. Hopefully you can start a thread in Announcement called 'myCent v4 Launched' or something similar. I have a whole bunch of questions though, and I would appreciate it if you could answer 'em :D

How often will the new mycents update?

What is the name of the new mycents? Is it still mycents v4?

How does the moderator editing the mycents work?

Can you code a sidebar widget that tells the recent myCent rewarders?

Can you have contests like SOTW or Army System where the winners get myCents as rewards? It could be loads of fun :P

Can you add a link to Xisto Billing at the top menu? Something called 'Hosting', or 'Hosting CP' or 'Xisto CP' or just 'Billing' or 'Support'?

Can you make it so that Blog Posts get myCents too? This could really promote blog posts in the forum.

Thats all the Questions I have for now... If i get any more I will be sure to post them here. :)

I'm a little confused about something -- is our forum "Earnings" supposed to show the total we've earned (like before) or the amount we have now? Because mine shows the actual amount in my account now, rather than the total.
Or is that done because of the recalculation and it'll keep stacking as we go along?

I noticed that too, and i would prefer it this way if it shows the total amount that we currently have, since it is more intuitive. It is possible that it'll restack after posting more, but the only way to tell (outside of OpaQue) that the script isn't showing a stack after posting more is by purchasing or paying for something.

If it shows our current amount, i would like to make a suggestion to change the word "Earned" to "Total" or something along those lines.

Cool. I got 4 mycents for my posting during this off period. Anyway, glad to see that it's back. Ditto with deadmads question, i hope opaque answers them. Also about xisto referrals questions, opaque can you give us commission percentage for VPS/Reseller and dedicated packages ? i mean is it 15% to all packages or just for logic plans ? Just curious about these cause i'm doing little bit of affiliate marketing these days and i got referral commission for namecheap.com so i thought it's worth to refer xisto as well.

If it shows our current amount, i would like to make a suggestion to change the word "Earned" to "Total" or something along those lines.

Yes, that would help out a lot with understanding (especially for us who are used to it being the total earned).

I also feel it is better to show your current funds instead of the total earned (as it doesn't matter if you've earned $50k if you still have $0 left!).

* How often will the new mycents update?--- Not Decided yet. But Every member is checked only once per 24 hours.* What is the name of the new mycents? Is it still mycents v4?--- I feel, myCENT v4.0 is good name :)* How does the moderator editing the mycents work?--- This Feature does not exist.* Can you code a sidebar widget that tells the recent myCent rewarders?--- rewarders as in?* Can you have contests like SOTW or Army System where the winners get myCents as rewards? It could be loads of fun :P--- Possible :)* Can you add a link to Xisto Billing at the top menu? Something called 'Hosting', or 'Hosting CP' or 'Xisto CP' or just 'Billing' or 'Support'?--- No Space currently. But yes, this will be done.* Can you make it so that Blog Posts get myCents too? This could really promote blog posts in the forum.--- I have no plans for incorporating blog posts into mycents. However, there is a new Question/Answers script which I m planning to bridge with member-database which will help earn myCENTs for taking part in Q/A. (This is still a Plan)

Hi OpaQue, I have only one (or two :)) questions for you now;1. Do the "reputation points" count when counting myCents? I suppose so, since they won't have a real value otherwise.2. Sorry, but I can't remember right now. I'll be sure to edit if I remember it.Thanks!

Hi OpaQue,
I have only one (or two :)) questions for you now;

1. Do the "reputation points" count when counting myCents? I suppose so, since they won't have a real value otherwise.

2. Sorry, but I can't remember right now. I'll be sure to edit if I remember it.

Thanks!

I hope they don't factor in (the reputation points) because then the forums will turn into a popularity contest. You know, the "if you +rep me I'll +rep you so we both benefit" type of thing.

I just see it as being more destructive than helpful. Not to mention people could have someone they dislike for whatever reason and get others to -rep them solely because they can.

I hope they don't factor in (the reputation points) because then the forums will turn into a popularity contest. You know, the "if you +rep me I'll +rep you so we both benefit" type of thing.
I just see it as being more destructive than helpful. Not to mention people could have someone they dislike for whatever reason and get others to -rep them solely because they can.

Yeah, I suppose so... Didn't think about that from this perspective.

However, I stand by my opinion that then we should find a use for these rep points. For instance, on the top of a topic there could be a notification that says something like "this and this posts got the most rep points", so we can know where to look for our answer in the entire topic.

Otherwise, no one will use rep points.

Do the "reputation points" count when counting myCents? I suppose so, since they won't have a real value otherwise.Thanks!

No, there was already a discussion about this and OpaQue said that wisdom flags (not reputation points) were not going to be counted with the new credit system. At least that was what he said about a month ago.

The REAL value of wisdom flags is to give people a look into how helpful and how wise a Kontributor is in the forum. It tells people how helpful the person is.

That was the same thing that happened last time they installed reputation points around here. That's why they disabled it after that.

Also, you can't give a person NEGATIVE wisdom flags, as OpaQue said early, there is no button for the - because it has been disabled.

Hope that solved your questions :D

However, there is a new Question/Answers script which I m planning to bridge with member-database which will help earn myCENTs for taking part in Q/A. (This is still a Plan)

This is off-topic question for this thread. But opaque which Q & A script you suggest or you plan here ? Do let me know cause i've QNA script on one of my site and i'm looking for better script. Are you going to use your own script or is there any good QNA script in php or ruby on rails ? I'm curious about the script :)

Here I am a level 3 poster with 40 some odd posts and I haven't seen myCents yet. I imagine it will come along eventually. I have so many ideas I want to get off the ground. So hopefully, they will come. In the meantime I will keep posting like a made fiend. Well maybe not a mad one, more like a slightly irritated fiend.

Here I am a level 3 poster with 40 some odd posts and I haven't seen myCents yet. I imagine it will come along eventually. I have so many ideas I want to get off the ground. So hopefully, they will come. In the meantime I will keep posting like a made fiend. Well maybe not a mad one, more like a slightly irritated fiend.

One thing we all noticed from the myCENT script is that even if it is late, it doesn't miss a single post you make. So even if it's getting updated late for you, don't let that stop you from making more posts, because when the update comes all of those posts will be taken into account and you'll probably end up with a large amount of myCENTs :) So keep posting!

yeah zanzibarjones, i agree with the simpleton. keep on posting and wait for the next update of mycent system. if not, and still not seeing your mycent then try to pm opaque about the problem, and i am sure he will fix things. good luck.

@zanzibarjones: You've gotten your myCENT update!!! :D Congratulations! I got my email just now and thought to peek at your profile and now you have your update! Keep up the posting and I think you'll get a regular update from now on :)

congratulations zanzibarjones, so you finally got your mycent, i am happy for you :). from now on your mycent will be updated regularly like ours. i told you it is just a matter of time and finally you will earn all you deserve for your posting in here. i hope the system be out of beta as soon as possible and returns work like before, then you and every new member will feel relax when your mycent will be updated instantly every time it reaches 1$.