xisto Community
bigboss

Which Media Burner Is Better? Easy Media Creator 7.0 OR Nero 6.6.0.6

what's wrong with proprietary software?  :D

They have (or could have, but nobody can check) spywares, backdoors, security holes, and their development is blocked by few people.

Nero, easy media creator(and most other ones, including roxio and alcohol 120%. although i do agree k3b rocks) is way to bogged down, it takes almost 20 seconds to even show that anything happened from me clicking the icon to launch it... on my 3ghz pc. i know this is a subjective test, but nero starts in about 3 seconds. and when i just need to burn a cd to play in the car/on the go really quick before i leave... it kinda helps to just have it pop open fast and run.

I recently installed Nero 6.6.0.6,and it works more than fibe for me. I had before Nero 6.3.,and it had serious problems with burning DVD-RW discs. I haven't tried any other burning software,as I am really satisfied with Nero.

ez cd creator was fine in version 5. 6 and 7 go waaaay too slow.nero has never given me problems, and i look at it as a high-end alternative to EZCD.

I am using Nero for a long time now, and it is great. It's easy to use, not expensive, and in Dutch (I live in the Netherlands). An other reason is that Nero recognises new writers two, and Roxio doesn't :) I think that it isn't a problem to use both on one computer at the same time. so you can try them both and than remove the worst one :)

I am using Nero for a long time now, and it is great. It's easy to use, not expensive, and in Dutch (I live in the Netherlands). An other reason is that Nero recognises new writers two, and Roxio doesn't  :P

I think that it isn't a problem to use both on one computer at the same time. so you can try them both and than remove the worst one  :)

63634[/snapback]

Yes, nero is very easy...i use it! its great!

I think that the best cd burner application is Nero, because I have always used Nero, and it has more extra features like over burn that Roxio does not have. I have tried Roxio before, and I didnt find it to be a good product. Nero wins my favourite burning program

I, unlike most of the responders, like using Roxio much better. I think it has much more useful tools. Roxio Videowave and DVD builder are the only two programs I can even find that come close to matching iMovie and iDVD's abilities. I think as far as just burning goes, Nero is the right choice, but if you want to have a complete package, I would go with Roxio. Although updates are few and far between, when they come out, they usually cover all known problems. If you buy the complete version of Roxio, it's definetely more bang for your buck and you can get free upgrades until the next complete shift up (i.e. 7.0=>7.1 is free, 7.0 => 8.0 not free), but even when they shift up, you get a great discount.Roxio Lover,Sam

I used to use nero until about a year ago. I used to like the roxio interface but then when they included napster, that version slowed down sooo much. It went from a quick load til a long load. Therefore, i now use Nero and it runs quickly and easily. THe interface is easy to use and i think it is easier to use then Roxio now.

since this always stump me, I can't pick between the two. I like both Nero and Easy Media Creator.That's also why I use Linux to burn discs instead using K3B. The only downside is that it doesn't have multi-track copying support.xboxrulz

Well I am using NERO also it is just great and it is enhenced with so many tools like customization and so on you can make your own cd covers and many more things I just like it, although I had few problems with external burners but it is great software and I don't think to change it in any near future.Also I would like to make remark that it would be cool to have pool here so people could vote and by the way NERO RULEZ.