xisto Community
bigboss

Which Media Burner Is Better? Easy Media Creator 7.0 OR Nero 6.6.0.6

I'm currently using Nero but in the past have used the Roxio product and it seemed to work well also.My questions are:1: Which do you prefer of these two?2: Do you prefer to use any other software?3: Is it ok to have both Roxio and Nero on your system at the same time?This is not a scientific poll or anything, just curious as to what others prefer and why.Thanks

well im using Nero 6 Ultra Edition... it sounds cool but i dont know it just came with my burner so i installed it, but previously i have used Roxio and i think its a great product i cant really say which is better... hhmm but i have to go with Nero 5.0.1 i think thats the version number but anyways ya i like the old Nero programs.

1: Which do you prefer of these two?

I have only used Nero 6 and I have had my problems with it. To be precise; when I burned audio filed onto a CD, some of the song startings were chopped off and the songs started from in between. I thought that the CD was not good or something so I tried a "Sony" CD and it worked fine, so I continued using "Sony" CD-Rs. But then after a couple of CDs the problem came back. I mean it was completley random. To curb this problem, I play all the songs on the Nero Preview before copying and they work fine. The older versions of Nero never gave me this problem.

3: Is it ok to have both Roxio and Nero on your system at the same time?

This is not a scientific poll or anything, just curious as to what others prefer and why.

Of course. You should'nt have any problems with two different softwares installed on your system at the same time. They act like two whole different softwares.

I use Nero and I think it's ok, I haven't had any problems with it it's very easy and has a nice interface so you can manage..I just care that I have a burning program because the quality has been good and so i don't complain..

I use Nero 5.5.9.9, and it works flawlessly... I used only Nero before, so I can't say anything about some of the other cd recording software...

Nero is far superior to anything else available, in my opinion. I have also used Roxio, and it seems to work pretty good, too. However, I never had them on the PC at the same time, but I don't see how it could be a problem.But I would just stick with Nero. I've never had problems burning with it.

I did try Nero at first, but it was about 3 years ago and it was too confusing to use for me, since then i have been using roxio, and now i own roxio v.6 and it works pretty well for me, it does everything i want, i think its best feature is that you can make VCD (video cd's) i dont know if Nero can do that, but you dont need a DVD burner to burn video into the CD's and it works pretty well.

Both are proprietary softwares.

So I recommand you to use CDrtools instead.

50717[/snapback]

what's wrong with proprietary software? ;) I would say Nero. Although I've tried Roxio I think both are the same. It just depends on what your burning to a disc and how fast your burner reads the information.

i have been using roxio easy cd creator. i have never tried Nero before so i do not really know how that works. but with my experience, i have not had any problems at all with the roxio software. i only have version 5 and i do not make a lot of cds. but it has worked perfectly for me so far.

Yeah i use nero for now or the windows media player burner, i am not worried about what options allt he rest has as long as it burns my cd im fine. I like neros option for pauses between songs it helps alot when you want songs to blend together. Nero 6 is a recommended, and it also burns video cds as well.So yea i would go with the regular one your cd burner comes with or nero, its a waste of time and money to get something that will do the same job as something for free.

Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)