xisto Community
ultrasmad

Java editor

I'm no expert, but I tryed jcreator out a year or two ago,and I found it to be about the simplest to use. I resently downloaded sun's java studio enterprise 8. It was a monster download. I havnt figured out how to use the full IDE yet, but the collaberator function looks like it would be nice to use if you were working as a team on a project.I'm going to startup again,and fiddle around abit with java.I'll have to start from scatch again with the hello world program I'm sure its been awhile.I'd rather not read much if I can get away with it as much as possiable Do you guys,and gals have any free video tutorial links you could post to me? Thanks in advance.

In your opinion what's the best java editor/compiler?i use jcreator le and it works nicely...

editor? just edior? ok i recommend Vim the most powerful editor in the universe.

and if you wanna some IDE, why pick Eclipse or NetBean ?

I am using netbeans at the moment, I have no problem with using notepad but the problem is that I am too lazy to do manual compiling using the compiler. Netbeans compiles everything for me with a single click and ports them easily to a mobile if I want to test it. You can check them out at https://netbeans.org/ furthermore their UI in the program is just perfect, very sleek. But the only downside would be you need to have at least 512 MB of memory if you want to use Netbeans, because if not you won't be able to take it.

I'm using JCreator which my school now recommend me to that... All my school computers are equipe with that and all java programs are taught to us using that... However, I'm told that I'll have to use eclipse next year to make more advance java programs...

Im going to bookmark this post as I am willing to start java soon. Its the language you can find more jobs for. Im probably starting on December So I will start downloading some soon.

I come from a long way, and up to last year, my favourite Java (and other text editors) is (don't laugh) vi.I like it because it finds the matching []{}()<> with the % key. However, being an older generation editor, it is limited to 24 lines, which developed a squished style in my code, like writing a whole method on the same line.Since then, I discovered textpad, NetBeans and JCreator.I think they are all good, and I am mostly using Textpad because of its simplicity and multi-function. I do programme in other languages at the same time, so the capacity to display syntax of different languages (Perl, Java, C, C++) with the same editor is a plus.If you are a Java fan and do nothing else, I suggest you invest your time in JCreator, NetBeans or Eclipse.The free version of JCreator is already very good and easy to use. It is not memory intensive and is simple enough to use. However, if you want the auto-completion feature (display of the possible methods or constants related to an instance as you type), you'd need the paid version, nothing expensive.Netbeans has the auto-completion feature, and appears to be a little more memory intensive. However, if you have lots of memory, and have a Pentium 4, you should have no problems.I have no comments for Eclipse, because I have not used it. However, for those ready to invest a career in Java, it would be definitely worthwhile learning it, as it is more robust and probably handles a larger project.

Depends what you want to do if you are doing it hard core old fashioned style like me I would suggest then textpad oyu can configurate it in whatever fashion you want and like. However many of my friends use ultraedit but it is just too huge and not robust so to say. Textpad is small concise you have integrated java and javac command so you don't have to run command prompt next to it and it is easiy when you need something degugged.If you like to generate many things then Eclipse is just for you as you can do almost everything with it. Well in fact you can do everything with it. And furthermore it has really nice debugger so it is easy to use however the program itself is relativly large and you will need some time to get to the heart of it. But in the end it is free which is most importnat thing developed by open source community with thousands of add ons.BOTH PROGRAMS ARE FREE.

Hmm You should use NetBeans if you have RAM (>128MB) as it is probably the best IDE (in respect to extensible & modular.) but you have less amount of memory then it is better to use TEXTPAD or dos editor ha ha ha ;) because it is free and easy in use.......

Hmm You should use NetBeans if you have RAM (>128MB) as it is probably the best IDE (in respect to extensible & modular.) but you have less amount of memory then it is better to use TEXTPAD or dos editor ha ha ha ;) because it is free and easy in use.......

You have to know difference between IDE (Integrated Development Environment) and the casual editor like TextPad. However I wouldn't agee with you on th eNetBeans they are developed by Sun laboratories. However, they have put so many things inside and it is sooo chaotical when someone uses netbeans and some generation of codes are old fashioned. I prefer Eclispe as it is for certain more modular then NetBeans it self and you can extend it limitlessly.

hi there!

for java-programming i use the Eclipse - editor (http://www.eclipse.org/)

it has a java-compiler on board and a console as well.

you have workspaces and many team-editing-functions, version-functions etc.

for other things (php, javaScript, html etc) i use the notepad++ editor cause syntaxhighlighting

//german text:
//Guten Abend!
//Für die JAVA-Programmierung verwende ich den Eclipse - editor (http://www.eclipse.org/)
//Er hat einen eigenen Compiler und sogar eine Console inkludiert
//Man kann sich sog. "Workspaces" einrichten, und er bietet Team- und Versionsupdate-funktionen
//für andere sachen (php, javascript, html etc.) verwende ich den notepad++ editor, weil er Syntax-Highlighting unterstützt

cya
//MFG

maxx