xisto Community
ultrasmad

Java editor

I didn't go through the earlier replies and apologize if anyone else already suggested it but .... ECLIPSE the best java editor/SDE/Compiler whatever you need for java.

It has plugin for anything and everything. To name a few, html, JSP (java server page), JS (java script), XML, spring, hibernate, struts.

For designing front, it has also plugins for class diagram, sequence diagram in general UML diagrams.

For workflow front, there is support for jRules, JBPM etc.

It has support for almost all of the server available.

I would say, TRY IT, and you'll see it.

When I played with Java, Eclipse is great for simple things, even though it's powerful, you can do much more, but if you have some books or use some tutorials, there is much more information to learn and do Java using Netbeans, I used both and I liked both, can't say anything bad about them.Eclipse, doesn't need any installer, just extract and use it on Windows. Where Netbeans needs and has a lot of "different" versions with different features, but I found that it's easiest to use a bundle with all features included, even with the latest JDK and install it..

For Java i like the editor from Eclipse IDE the most. But for editing files in general i really like Notepad++. Regards,Sebastian