xisto Community
ultrasmad

Java editor

I just thought I'd ask, but what are the differences between compilers? Is it how big the file is, (unlikely imo) or just personal preferance? As if I ever programmed in java, I wouldn't want to pay for a compile versus a free one.

While at school, we used JCreator LE Lite for our programming. It's quite nice with its compiler, color coding for words(comments in green, symbols in read, reserved words in blue, etc.) and it's the the only one I've ever used, so I'd say JCreator.

If u're looking for a free java IDE. The best that comes to mind is NetBeans. However Eclipse isn't too bad either. Just a little slower. JCreator is another IDE to checkout. Basically you can pick and choose the modules you want to install, much like Eclipse.

As a beginner, NotePad is not good tool for you. Because the coding help is important for you, or you must memorize so much language.JCreator may be! It has color words, coding help, auto compile, fast speed, and clean code.JBuilder is more powerful, but more expensive, and more slow. Its component by itself will make you bemused.Elipse is free, and power too. So if you are a veteran, its suit you.

The way I understood this question is what is the optimal development environment for writing Java applications. For javasrcipt you'll do fine with any editor that supports systax markup, and there are many, many of which, again, are free. Take Vim, for example. I would also like to hear more about what people actually use when it comes to coding java, and I mean the working environment, not the compiler itself.

The way I understood this question is what is the optimal development environment for writing Java applications. For javasrcipt you'll do fine with any editor that supports systax markup, and there are many, many of which, again, are free. Take Vim, for example. I would also like to hear more about what people actually use when it comes to coding java, and I mean the working environment, not the compiler itself.

you should get a J2SDK, which are some packages of java api. it can download from sun site : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.htmland you need a compiler . Editplus 、 jcreator 、 jbuilder 、netbeans 、 eclipse, etc, are all good select.

For simple editing I prefer Ultraedit. I have also tried textpad and that was also pretty good.For GUI stuff and more involved apps I like netbeans - the price is right (i.e. FREE) and it works pretty well.If anyone however can recommend a good GRIDBAG editor (or even better: plugin for netbeans) PLEASE let me know.regards,- arp

If I need to write something very short I use notepad (and standard java compiler - javac), but to write projects I use:- eclipse - it's free- IntelliJ IDEA - it isn't free and need a lot of RAM, but it's very goodIf you have few RAM, I advise you e.g. crimson editor--eldeo

I like eclipse. It has most features of a good idea and does not hog system resources.I have tried Idea but it eats memory for breakfast,lunch n dinner...Moreover eclipse is a freeware.

I use Textpad for small projects, and Eclipse for the more involved things. Way back when IBM had the RoboCode contest, I found eclipse to be invaluable.

BlueJ is nice for starting projects off, and I found it good for when I was learning the ropes. I really like seeing my classes as objects.

Hope this is useful to you.

Oh, if you want more info about RoboCode, it has been revived! Check out http://www.robocode.ie/

now if you are a java beginner you sould use a simple texteditor to understand the whole language. If you have some practice with Java you could youse Eclipse witch is a comple IDE and is very good (so think I). Eclipse take lots of work from you and you could than conzentrate more on the specific thinks of your projekt.