xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
inverse_bloom

Many Pc Speakers Are Good Value

I was wondering who else enjoys what their PC Speakers do for them? I purchased a set some time ago for about 30 U.S (Logitech speakers.) They're actually not bad considering their cheap price tag, i consider them to be one of those rare items where you really get a bargain.?I recognize that they aren't "excellent" quality, but sometimes they do surprise. Although their midrange is flat it doesn't matter to me because i listen to music with the EQ midrange set down a bit. Admittedly the bass is limited, but it actually surprises me how good it makes a movie sound. A sound like the bass of a falling fighter airplane whooshing past really does sound thrilling.Not too bad in my opinion.?I do have a pro-logic receiver but i don't really see why i would want to go to the trouble of setting it up.? :P

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I enjoy Creative Speakers. Recently 5.1 improvements in some models is really worth to check out for. I'm not sure in how many countries Creative sell their speakers. In asia, creative brand is quite popular when it comes to speakers. Slightly expensive for some people here but there are some affordable models for creative.

Hi!I had a Compaq Presario 1600EA that came with a pair of JBL speakers. They were simply amazing! HPQ (the HP and Compaq conglomerate) continues to sell notebook PCs that are equipped with JBL speakers and they are just as amazing as the Presario 1600EA.I would not expect to get very high quality out of a laptop sound system, but JBL-equipped laptops seems to simply blow away the competition. I wonder if any other popular brands fit their speakers into laptops.

I actually heard a high end HP laptop with a sub woofer underneath its chassis once. That was pretty awesome! I believe it was Harmon/Kardon throughout. The sub woofer had a little kick to it, but the midrange that came out was superb! When my friend told me he wanted to get that laptop, i said to him "Just tape sub woofer to the back of your screen". :P Ive always wondered if JBL speakers were any good now i know. Altec Lansing are apparently also good value for a good set of speakers. If people have deep pockets than a set of Edifier or a set of Axiom audio speakers may be the way to go.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

i am pretty picky when it comes to sounds, but i went the cheap route when buying external speakers for my laptop. i bought logitech. i think they cost me $20 or something. pretty cheap at walmart. i was actually quite surprised when i got home. for movies, i couldn't ask for anything better for the price. for music, well, they can't handle the base in every song when turned up full blast, but they do enough to keep me interested in my music...and i like my music loud. i didn't have much money and had to save some when buying the laptop and printer and accessories, etc so i thought i would save with the speakers. i really thought i was going to be disappointed and eventually return the speakers for some better ones(that was actually my thought when buying them). but NOPE! i have been happy with 'm. it was either go the cheap route with logitech, or spend a minimum of $60 for other speakers.

Dear friends I am basically a music lover and a classical dancer so when it comes to speaker system I have to very cousious and carefull and I have spent the most of my precious time to decide which sound system is to bought as it should be the best. As many a times I have to merge and mix music patches for my programs where multi mics are used for recording etc. So the clarity of the system should also be very much perfect. So what I think here the quality of music or sound system to be used typically depends upon the use and interest of the system user.?

I have my audio hooked up to an external amplifier and four 3+ foot hi-fi speakers (the wooden 'cabinet' whatever you call it, not the actual speaker..). I don't get surround sound (I don't care, I tried it but it never worked in half my games anyway) but it sure beats the cheap speakers that came with the computer. The irony of the matter is, I prefer using headphones anyway. Once in a while I turn up some tunes, but most of the time I just plug some headphones. I hate loudness! I just happen to like hooking things up.. I didn't buy the equipment, it was just used stuff nobody wanted.

I bought a cheap Altec Lansing 2.1 speaker set at least a few years back that still surprises me today at how well it holds up. It's gone from my desk now but acts as my "ghetto" sound system for my TV until I can afford to get a 5.1 surround sound system with a real HDTV, and I wish I could share with you the model but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I picked them up for $25 and they are excellent when it comes to gaming on my laptop and pretty good for movie-watching on the tube.

For some years now, I have a logitech 5.1 sound system for my computer, and it's really good, 5.1 is enough for me, I think 7.1 or something would be just to much and I don't think I would feel any difference in my home room..But when I bought my laptop, it seems that it only has stereo output, so I used that 5.1 with only subwoofer and 2 speakers, but I bought an external usb card which you can put into an usb slot, install drivers and use 5.1 on a laptop, it has a remote control, with the drivers you can also control windows applications and etc. :P The sound is much better from my laptop with external sound car than it was with my desktop.I'm using Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 from Creative, even though at start it wasn't really great, some driver problems on Vista, but after the fix there were no problems.For some time now, I see that laptops are having 5.1 internally, but I wonder what is the power and other capabilities of it? :P