xisto Community
whyme

What Would You Do If There Was No Internet? hmm...

Gonestly i beileve and i think i can say for many of us here, the computer is not our life. Although without the internet we may not have some of the conviences we have now such as internet based games and communication. There are other things outside of the computer/internet world that we could all very much have fun with. I can sure say for my self i could stand and breate and go about my daily life without the internet.

Consider this:How much sci-fi is based off the idea of a global or interstellar net?Everyone is only discussing the immediate communications loss (and I too would miss the late night chats), but what about the research?We have become very dependent on citing web sources as opposed to using encyclopedias on our projects. All of the quick-fix help questions that are answered by other people more capable than us in whatever field it may be (from spider bites to mending a bicycle tire to creating a web site), would have to be asked in person or over the phone- if such a person was even in a position to be asked.And the colloboration (a societal impact, even though I understand the question was only what would I do) of scienctists would become more difficult. One of the earliest purposes of the internet was to allow professors from various universities to participate in cross-nation or cross-globe research projects. Suddenly they would be forced to rerely on phone conferences and snail-mail to transfer their data. All of their previous research that was dependent on online resources would become much more tedious, and their published results would be restricted to a much smaller reading audience. It will take time for them to reestablish other methods of communication.Clearly, even if we could find other things t short term, the long term effects of internet-loss would be catastrophic. Science would be obstructed, and so would learning, which means that the production of all future technology in the would be slower or in some instances even halted altogether.

Without the internet, my life would be a whole lot different than it is right now. I would also get more sunlight and stuff. I would actually have a life if that happened. Also, I wouldnt be as fat as I am right now. I would probably be very healthy right now. Also, I would probably have more friends since I would hang out so much.I wouldn't be as smart though. Also, there aren't going to be any news sources. So, I wouldnt know anything about things. So, that would mean that things would be a lot different. Without the internet, I would probably have plenty of time doing my homework instead of wasting my time sitting down for twelve hours streight.What sucks though, if there wasnt any internet. Then I would have to go to the library to do my research. Man, even without the internet, I would still be so lazy to go there just to get some information on einstien or barney. Without the internet, i cant chat with my friends online. I remember back in the day when online was just something like "youtube" when it first came out. Before I was introduced to the word, internet, I was doing so great with life.I came to the conclusion that the internet destroyed my life. But actually its for the future. There wouldnt be any future at all if there wasnt any online stuff. Also, without the internet, e-mails wouldnt exist. I know how much it sucks to write the letter and pay to send it. I bet that the postman would be making a ton of cash from that.Anyways, the internet should be something limited. No somthing with a high priroity in life like without it, youre nothing.

I'd be a WHOLE LOT HEALTHIER! I can tell you that. The internet is probably the single greatest technological development since the wheel. It's bringing the world together in cyber space and in real space. But what if it weren't here?1. I'd be doing a LOT more music stuff. Probably composing keyboard music and actually trying to put a band together. But music today is very confusing...another topic for another day however.2. I'd be READING a lot more! I had a 5 year stretch where I found it necessary to read all the greats: Salinger, Kafka, Hesse, Hunter S. Thompson blah blah blah blah blah. Then came the internet...no more reading for me! (and that's kinda sad)3. Watching TV. Is there anything good left on TV any more? I mean, besides Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network...which is the COOLEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE!4. Scoring with chicks (in my dreams...I'm married now). But seriously...when I was "unplugged", I was meeting a LOT more women...REAL WOMEN...with a pulse and everything! LOL.5. Traveling. It's way to easy to just point and click somewhere now and be transported across the Globe and that's NOT a good thing! Seeing it on a screen is not the same as breathing the air, tasting the food and hearing the musical din of it all.In summation, if there were no internet, I'd probably be doing a lot more meaningful, interesting things with my life....maybe. It's possible I'd just be pasted to a couch watching old movies and dreaming about what the world would be like with a single communication path for all of humanity...and drunk...so very drunk.

If there was no internet, I would probably end up doing a lot more healthy stuff, or at least not staring at a computer screen all day. If there wasn't an Internet, I probably would never have got involved in modding, which wouldn't have got me involved in programming.I would probably do more sailing, which although I do a lot of at present, I always want to do more.Getting move involved with Warhammer, doing more painting etc.The other thing that could happen is that I just play computer games :blink: .

I think I speak a lot for all of us especially when I say we need the internet. A lot of our lives revolve around it, in this case, Xisto, without the internet, we would not be able to enjoy the free hosting which Xisto has given to us. In my case, I use the internet extensively to keep up with a lot of things mainly football (S.S. Lazio), music, programming, research ... etc, basically whatever I do, I have to make use of the internet. Be it my work, school work or even my personal life, it all revolves around the internet. Relying on your local mass media is not going to get you anywhere, after all my country doesn't cover anything about Lazio at all, and the fanbase here is close to none. The access to internet gives us a whole new alternative to materials in the library, mass media .... etc and all this at a simple click :blink:

well without internet there is always the telivison i can play xbox or just watch tv, i would probably hang out with my friends more, maybe play with my airsoft guns some more too. then i'd probably spend the rest of my time on schoolwork and sports, like conditioning for football, weightlifting, and actually doing my homework instead of copying my friends homework which would be harder to do without the use of internet.

Way back when, people lived fine without internet. I dont see why we wouldnt be able to survive without it. The internet has had a negative affect on our health. Look at all those fat kids everywhere, eating, and doing nothing but internet/internet based games. So IMO I think I would live fine without the internet.

I dunno what I would do, maybe I would just do nothing. But one thing I'm sure: if there was no internet, we all would be muuuch more healthy ahahhaahaah I mean, I would play more soccer or walking, we wouldn't sit for hours looking at a bright box (what is not good for your eyes by the way). But I'm happy internet exists because this is the only way I can practice english language (isn't my english good? oh now you know this isn't my first language). That's it :blink:

Well if there were no iPods, I'd go back to the next best thing (of it's time, surely not now): CD Players. So if there were no internet, the next best thing is television, so I'd switch back to that. *shudders at the thought*

Without the Internet, I'd go out, play footy, play with my mates. Be more active. Just, Just it would turn my life around and My Mates won't call me a computer 'nerd'. Even though I'm not.

If there was no internet I would probably be outside right now walking around or most likely taking a nap and watching a bit of TV, or just hanging with friends