xisto Community
whyme

What Would You Do If There Was No Internet? hmm...

If there was no internet... I would probably have a darker tan. I would play a lot more Nintendo Wii. I would not be going to school to major in CS. I would not have a computer because computers aren't fun without the internet, I would use the computers at school. I would probably have higher grades in school because I wouldn't of spent all my time in junior high playing MMORPG's. LOL. I would be in better shape - that's for sure. My girlfriend would be a lot happier. (But she can live!) It would suck writing book reports because I wouldn't have access to ways to cheat on reading the book like SparkNotes. I wouldn't of seen Paris Hilton's tape! ;) I would have to watch the sad sad local news to get my weather forecast... That would be terrible.

It was 4am. I was sitting at the computer. I had been there for an hour as I had gotten up to follow up on an idea that I had. Suddenly my pointer wouldn't move. I tried using the mouse but there was no response. I could use the keyboard but there is only so much that you can do without a mouse. I remembered wistfully the time before there were mice. But I went on to more troubleshooting. I have a wireless mouse so it has a red light underneath it and a green light on the part that goes to the keyboard. Both were lit up bright. I fiddled with the battery anyhow. No change. I restarted the computer. The pointer showed up on the middle of the screen and wouldn't move. I restarted it again. No change. I began to believe that my mouse had died. I had no backup. At 4am where could I get another mouse? Then the withdrawal symptoms set in. I began to panic. I was not going to have access to anything with my computer until I could get another mouse. What would I do instead? My first thought was to go back to bed and avoid the morning until I could look for a mouse. I thought of this topic and resolved that I would make a post as soon as I could get back to it. I just hoped that Xisto wasn't down like it was for awhile yesterday. That was another case of withdrawal. I couldn't do what I had grown accustomed to doing. I played around with a couple of other things on my computer. It became obvious to me that being at the computer is my chosen activity.At this point my boyfriend Bill came into the room. I told him what the situation was. He pulled out his laptop and let me test my mouse on it. It didn't work there either. He took out a battery and replaced the one in the mouse. Suddenly it worked again. I felt a rush of relief. My morning was saved. I have been thinking about what I would have done if I couldn't get my computer working again. What would be a 'worthwhile' pursuit? I have my crochetting, reading, walking, doing errands, calling someone, starting a new hobby, eating, sleeping, sewing, and whatever else I could think of at the moment. People say I could do 'more productive' things than being at the computer, but what is 'more productive'? This topic shows that people believe that there are such things, but I haven't seen very many examples of what they would be. What do you think they are?

If there was no internet I'd always have my band to fall back on so I guess I would probably just play guitar everyday or something like that seeming as I'm a web developer I would probably have some low level job probably or be a lawyer or something which is kinda scary thank everything for the internet.

Edited by dwayne12 (see edit history)

dude if there was no internet my life would be devastated because the internet is how i talk to all my old friends and look funny pictures and a bunch of other junk. on the other hand i would not be wasting away in front of the computer screen all day doing nothing but giving myself carpel tunnel (or however you spell it) anyways lets just hope the internet does not go down for good.

It would be pretty dull without the internet. Internet is now quite a necessary tool. A large part of our lives today depend on it. From applying to college to staying in touch with friends. It has made the world a much smaller place. Without the internet maybe I would be still watching tv.

If there was no internet what can one do except going behind libraries.If the internet was not available ,in oder to get information i would have browsed through books and in the amount of time and the money i spend on the computer or on the net center today will be spent on books and Libraries. Some say life without internet wold have been impossible , but i say still i would have been possible.

If no internet existed then I'm sure something else would exist, probably people would be much more athletic than before and finding playing outside much more enjoyable than sitting inside a dull home. Then again people might start finding staring on a snail amusing, please dont wish for a life without internet... thats just madness...

I would run out of the house, go on the nearest highway, hijack a car, drive the car into a river over a bridge and jump on to the bridge in mid-air, come back to the house, watch the wall, get bored, pretend i'm spider man, and then redo.No.But seriously I think i'd go nuts and not be as "oh so smart" as I am :P.

Well I certainly wouldn't be into web developing / web designing. I'd probably spending most of my days with things like related to Metal-Smithing. That'd actually my secondary choice of a career next to becoming a programmer. Well either that or an architect. Architecture requires a lot of University tuition though. I'd for sure be a lot more active in things like sports, socializing with other people, and going out just for the fun of it.I certainly wouldn't be as desensitized as I am today, if the internet never existed. It's quite intriguing to see what the internet has to offer, which is virtually everything. You just have to know where to look really. The internet has contains certain things that should never be viewed be anyone. Things like 'LOL Cats,' 'Clock-Spider,' 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us,' 'Star Wars Kid,' Chuck Norris Jokes, 'Leeroy Jenkins,' 'Ultimate Showdown,' 'Spaghetti Monster,' and countless other Internet Memes wouldn't exist. Which give us 'LOL's' but annoy most of us even more. There also wouldn't be any StumbleUpon, or StumbleUpon Insomnia.I'd probably be a completely different person if it wasn't for the internet. I'd probably be a much better person actually. I can't say why that is. But to me, it feel the internet is partially responsible for the way I act (what a surprise.), and my sense of humour. Doesn't it seem like the Internet teaches us to find humour in other peoples' pain?The world would be so different without the internet, because so many things are influenced by the Internet. It'd be hard to say what I'd do without it.

No internet, then I can't buy something I can't find in local market. I will refer yellow pages to find a repairman. I will go to library for a question with tens or hundreds books.In a word that's terrible.

Well if there was no intenet..i would be an exellent student, i would be an exellent lover,i would be a man who has so much more time available for doing things.Well it is sure tha i wuold be more ignorant than now :P . i think we wolud miss a real world

If there was no internet i believe the world would be much different and i would be more active on the outside and be doing all the things i used to do before becoming a internet fiend like going out and playing sports hanging out at the library, movies and roaming the streets with friends. Im still active on the outside but without the net i would have more of a life, not saying i dont but the internet can get really addictive to people and for some it can be a way of live (shopping, meeting people, news, media etc.)