xisto Community
whyme

What Would You Do If There Was No Internet? hmm...

If there was no internet I'd go out and then come home later and probably watch tv for the rest of the day. Or I could go to a friend's house if I needed internet for something important

It would be dissaster but I think the internet is growing popular and bigger evry second you look at your computer <_<..but there is always a chance to send thous post letters and draw on paper and send to others lol..but I think I would go crazy after first day without internet..

Without Internet, I would do things without using the Internet, such as playing hockey, biking, swimming, playing board games, doign math, etc.The Internet takes over a lot of our lives, but we can't forget the part that is not taken over. <_<

That is a hard question because I do enjoy the internet quite a bit =/. Although if it never existed in the first place I guess I would really miss it much XD. I would probably end up watching television, playing console games, and possibly reading. Art would also be a large hobby of mine <_<

I didn't even have the internet until 2000 (webtv, actually) and I didn't even have an internet capable computer until 2001. Before that I read a lot of books, spent time relaxing outside, drew a lot of pictures, experimenting with different art mediums, wrote stories, listened to music, collected dolls and comic books, played SNES...Yeah. I'd probably be doing the same thing I did back then. Actually I probably would've went crazy in highschool, I was the new kid, everybody picked on me, I was miserable. The internet probably saved my sanity, or at least what was there to begin with! =D

If there was no internet I would be sat at home reading or playing BF2 singleplayer repeatedly <_<.Or I would maybe go out and stand around and get drunk. Instead of getting drunk for a lan party and fall off my chair everytime I am being shot at. Does this count as no ethernet and networking? As I would probualy poke my friends to move and come round with a laptop and have a non-internet multiplayer game. As you can probually tell from this post my life sort of revolves around Battlefield 2 at the moment as I have finally downloaded the 1.3 patch!! w00t!

I didn't even have the internet until 2000 (webtv, actually) and I didn't even have an internet capable computer until 2001. Before that I read a lot of books, spent time relaxing outside, drew a lot of pictures, experimenting with different art mediums, wrote stories, listened to music, collected dolls and comic books, played SNES...
Yeah. I'd probably be doing the same thing I did back then. Actually I probably would've went crazy in highschool, I was the new kid, everybody picked on me, I was miserable. The internet probably saved my sanity, or at least what was there to begin with! =D

LOL I exactly agree Webtv was evil it seemed to enjoy teasing you example:
WEBTV: This is the mighty internet!! now go away!!!
Before the internet I spent my time in front of the tv or playing pokemon <_<

i would probably be having withdrawal symptoms. i could recover from it, but i guess it will take time, especially now that i'm more in need of resources that only the internet can provide. it's fast, reliable, and convenient. although i still do use the old method of searching (like manual in the libraries), but when i need information in a jiffy, the internet's for me. so i say i'd be doomed if there's no internet.

Well if the Internet were to suddenly disappear, it would take me a while to adjust from being bored. But if Internet had simply never come about, I would just be more indulged in my other activites, such as footie (soccer), mountain biking, arts, etc. If it had never come about, I wouldn't care because I would have never experienced it. But if it suddenly disappeared, I would get a little sad. <_< Though luckily I'm not too addicted to the computer anymore. I just use it to keep my website active, which doesn't take all day, so I'm still an active person.

wow I guess your so busy doing stuff on the internet that you dont realize what life would be like without... i mean everyone and i mean everyone would have a lot more time on there hands... but without the internet being such the huge thing that it is we might not have cell phones or ps2s or advanced computers for that mater... people wouldn't use computers on a daily basis anymore, think about when you get on your computer well for me i get on the internet, come here or a different forum or some social network, then i log onto aim and talk to friends, then i might access files from school, maybe listen to some streaming music, download a program any of those things, anymore for alot of people its not do I have a big fast computer its is my internet fast, i dont care if my computer has 300 gb of space its not like i use it, I use the internet and other servers also think about games now you xbox live and flash games and wow and runescape... all of these rpgs and such that would have ever been invented because there would have been no jnetwork... but then you think at some point in time something at least simalar to the internet would have been created... I kindof also wonder what happened to get the internet in the first place relly did it just start from small networks who felt like connecting every computer in the world to another and how did the name "internet" come about anyway... was its just luck? I have never really thought about it befor but now that I do I kind of wonder how in the world did it come to this... one step at a time

I find it fascinating how the internet's as clever and popular as it is now. I like the internet, but feel it would be interesting if it was like taken down for a week or two. It would allow us to see how the internet changes our livesThe internet is a new form of communicating with other people in the world. Without the internet, we are stuck to communicating with people living in our local area, using the old fashioned communication techniques such as telephone, fax and talking. We certainly wouldn't be able to meet / talk to new people anywhere in the world.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)