xisto Community
whyme

What Would You Do If There Was No Internet? hmm...

without internet, i'd spend all, or at least most of my day either programming or learning how to program games. i'd be more of a waste of space than i am now :P

yah i would do that too. but i would prefer to watch tv, hang out with my friends, visit places all around the globe, give more time to my girl friend and all. currently because of an internet freak i am light years away from my girl friend, watching movies, haning out with my friends and all other stuffs i love to do. i would spend more time to learn how to do this how to do that and i would spend more time to build my own real life business. i would read books and sketch my own car designs.

i would smash my notebook up. i would deposit the fragments in a blender. i would drink the juice. i would go onto the pacific highway and get run over.no, seriously i would be playing that pathetic game with the ball and the cup. i live the internet, i breathe the internet. i need the internet for torrenting. i need the internet for web design/webdev (which is what i do best, by the way). I NEED THE INTERNET!!!

i wood hav tu start reeding tu get my hi skool dumbolma.......naoooo bak tu the pournactually, it's true....remember the movie "cable guy"? when cable got shut off in the district, dude picked up a book like he was reading it all along.the older generation feel the internet is unproductive. they don't understand it. it's like setting the time on the vcr. they will never get it....even when you show them how to google something 1,000 times.i am who i am today partially because of the internet. back when the internet was semi-public, people always stated that the net wasn't the real world. i kept telling them they were wrong. especially when people would hurt others by the use of their words. it was then and will be tomorrow a form of communication and it's as real as it gets. although, it's easier to put on a mask behind a computer screen.i've experienced a lot on the net and i don't regret a single day that it was a part of my life, even during the most traumatic times on the net. i've learned alot, it helped me grow and now i get a pleasure of guiding others on and off the netahhhh! did i mention i met my wife on the net? :rolleyes: soulmates.....for sure, without the net, i would be a totally different personi also wouldn't have the pleasure of being on Xisto and Xisto wouldn't have the pleasure of banning me for not quoting

If there ws no internet then i would be out of a job, and PC's would only be affordable for those who had loads of money.also i would have never meet my Partner and got married.The internet has its place, just like sliced bread ( best thing since sicedbread).

i may be forced to kill myself? the internet is my life lol. i have no clue what i would do without it. life woudl be so boring and uneventfulljust hink about it no games no xbox live no Xisto no online shopping no wikipedia no nothing life would be pointless to me lol i would be so bored id go emo or somthingLOVE THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply put, if there was no internet, my phone bill would sky rocket. Im usually using the phone and some kind of IM at the same time. Not to mention E-Mail. In order for me to get in contact with all of my friends, I would have to use the phone or... *gulp*... write them a letter :rolleyes: Of course ALL of us wouldn't be able to use Trap 17...Also, reports for school would be a very daunting task. I'd have to rely on books for ALL of my citations. The internet is really (in my opinion), the central hub for all kinds of information.You really take the internet for granted sometimes... now that we have it, we can't really imagine life without it!

If no internet.. i just cant imagine it now for i got addicted to many things in the web.But otherwise i will ave more time to spend on other things, play... etc.But what if i did not know www at all.. not a problem.Also if there is no internet, i will be assured that nothing is happening online.. so need not worry about it and will be happy.Willl be satisfied with pc games and missing all the online games.

I have sort of a different take on this type of thing.As groups of people, societies, cultures, and the world becomes ever more complex and sophisticated (and I'm using the word in the positive, and not the negative sense) pressures build within it, both overt, and sub-conscious, to express latent and previously unexploited capabilities and talents.That is as things grow they naturally develop new capabilities and abilities to match their progressive momentum. So if the personal computer had not been invented (and the public internet, which is what we're really talking about, not blossomed as a result of that) and the internet not arisen, then something very like it would have. That is it is inevitable that a certain level of complexity will produce or give birth to those technologies which will either maintain that level of complexity, or exceed it. I call this part of the Impetus of God Technology, which is a proposition that all higher technologies imitate capabilities traditionally ascribed to God, but also that all higher technologies (be they physical, communicative, computational, electronic, energy-based, information based, biological, industrial/manufacturing/replicational, etc.) have a built in impetus towards growth and an innate means and method of evolving, given the limitations and strictures of the imaginations (and physical capabilities, both in raw materials and in personal nature) of those who will produce such technologies. In other words at some point God technology will trigger an impetus towards an evolution of ever more capable God technologies, given whatever the nature of the present environment, and that evolution will gain more sophisticated expression which demands the development of new technologies as it evolves. Start the process and it cannot but continue to progress in order to assure it's own progress, or put another way, the pressure to exploit current capabilities always assures that by such exploitation future capabilities will be necessarily gained, even when unlooked for or unanticipated. Or more simply every advance creates new problems and by doing so that advance assures future advancement to solve the problems it created by attempting to solve other problems. God technology works that way, it gives birth to a thing which solves a problem and that thing creates new problems in relation to the problem it solves and that causes new advancements by exploiting and expanding the cycle of both potential problems and potential solutions.So if I were not using this technology, I would be using whatever technology were available which would be parallel in function and capacity, though not necessarily exactly the same in capability or method. In other words if the PC, or networked computer or the internet did not exist as currently construed then I would be using whatever would have arisen in their absence which was a successor to the manual typewriter (which was simply a Personal version of the old style impression printing press, just a PPP, instead of a PC), and the electronic typewriter (which was a further advance upon the personal printing press, just electrified, and with primitive computing functions for formatting - and like you, I used both by the way, manual and electronic typewriters before moving on to primitive PCs and printers).But that's another thing about God technology. It is by nature dispersible. That is as it grows in sophistication beyond a certain point (in contrast to ancient and medieval technology, which could be extremely sophisticated but tended to not be mass produced or distributed - at first anyway) it looks for a way to disseminate itself widely, to become personalized (and eventually it will look for a way to become "individualized" as well) and to distribute itself among the largest number of users and within the biggest field of operation possible.It has a natural impetus to evolve, like a biological organism, and it has a natural impetus to spread itself outwards and infiltrate every possible organism and environment which it can, also like a biological organism. As a matter of fact all modern sophisticated technology is simply imitating biology, the computer the brain and mind and hand of man, the television (to see from afar) the eye and mouth, the radio the ear and mouth, the telephone (the voice from afar) the ear and mouth the car the mobile capacities, and so forth and so on, and so technology also imitates the evolutionary (I am not speaking of Darwinian evolution, which is primitive and short sighted, but I mean real evolution, the natural tendency and desire to gain real advantage and real improvement over a vast array of disciplines; biological, mental, psychological, spiritual, social, religious, artistic, scientific, communicative, etc.) impetus of biological organisms, which in turn imitate God's advantages.So if not the car, then whatever like it would have arisen, and if not the internet, then whatever like it would have arisen.This doesn't mean I'm naive about the real limitations of whatever technology currently exists, or may ever exist, I'm very skeptical of the idea that many modern people have that the Internet is some amazing Ubertechnologie which will revolutionize the world and solve all of mankind's problems, but it does mean that whatever it really is, or whatever might have arisen in its place, or whatever superior technology will bury or replace it, I think people should exploit them fully and in the best possible way for both personal and group advantage.So I suspect that you too would have been exploiting whatever had arisen instead in the best way you could figure out to do so.And that's just the way it should be, in my opinion.

It would suck horribly... I do so much stuff on it.... man.... damn that would blow..... but I suppose I would get over it...

No net? for us older people, we would just watch TV or spend time with the family and friends. As for the younger? I would hope that they would do something that I was tought to do when bored. Pick up a book and read. True you can get books and even movies in the net. but nothing can beat just sitting back and reading and relaxing.

Without the Internet, I'd probably be making paintings or sketches. I'm okay at sketching.

Of course, if it were a question of whether the Internet was shut down suddenly and for good, I'd bet that a lot of people would be on the streets begging for cash, because the stock markets vaporized and there are no proven records of anything, so they can't claim stuff. Also, Bill Gates would be out of a job.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

Without the Internet, I'd probably be making paintings or sketches. I'm okay at sketching.

Of course, if it were a question of whether the Internet was shut down suddenly and for good, I'd bet that a lot of people would be on the streets begging for cash, because the stock markets vaporized and there are no proven records of anything, so they can't claim stuff. Also, Bill Gates would be out of a job.

Well I would disagree with you on that part. That Bill Gates would be o0ut of job because of seeral facts. Microsoft existed before internet or before it was such widely known thing. And currently if you look on the buisness that internet makes on the Microsoft it would not influence it that much since most of their profit comes from elsewhere that is from the retail sales of the software products developer kits and everything else microsoft has to offer.

The point is that if company doesn't make so much profit online it wouldn't be destroyed moreover I would like to note to everyone that giant like google would probably die in an instance when internet would be destroyed.

So this is from me for now. And one mroe thing ^_^ Bill Gates is out of job already :P

I dont know if I could survive with out the internet. I am always on line it is my life. But I have often wondered the same thought what if something happened to the internet or what if ther was no internet? My life would be so different than it is now. But again i often think the same though And wonder and worry about my children. They are online a ton also. And i remember when i was a kid and the net was not around. I use to wake up in the morning, (on the weekend or in the summer when there was no school) and eat breakfest and my parents were lucky if they saw me before dinner time. I was always gone out playing with my friends hanging out and having a social life. When i think about it i miss it but sadly to say I dont want to go back. I dont know why its just that I am addicted to the internet and I dont want to give it up. But I do wish my children and the children of the future had a chance to go out and have a social life like that, but at the rate we are going I think it will stay a thing of the past.