xisto Community
FouGilang

My Body Hasn't Changed :(

Hello people, hope there's someone who can answer this :) I'm 19 years old boy, about 175 cm height and 55 kg weight. i have a feeling that there's something not right with my body: it is not changed at all, My weight and height still in the same shape as 1-2 years ago.I eat a lot, snack a lot (anytime if there is snacks in front of me), and i like to drink milk.Well, it doesn't matter if i don't get taller, it's the weight that worried me. I'm kind of thin, compared to my father, and it's frustrating when he started his speech about it. Am i not growing anymore or what? I had a tbc before, if that helped Oh, and if you do have suggestion, please don't suggest to consume some kind of pills in your local, as it might be not available in my area. :o

Are you getting any exercise? Sitting around at your computer won't improve your conditioning and any weight you gain will not be good for you under those circumstances.I would suggest that you start some sort of activity, even walking to get your body working more and build your appetite up.

i do, just some little exercise though. i love to walk when i feel i have too much spare time (i don't know how many miles have i walked last years when i'm still in college...), though i don't like running or jogging. i do push-up and sit-up about 10 times every morning. and sometimes i have to lift some heavy things on my work (like boxes of books on the storeroom). :)

That sounds a bit of a serious issue to me. You obviously must have very fast metabolism. I was (and am) about the same height as you. At your age (19), i think at my absolute lowest i weighed about 68 kg. Pasta foods are a good way to gain weight and reasonably cheap too. You put in a slice of cheese, a sprinkle of chives, a little salt and you've got yourself a decent meal. Also how much protein is in your diet? Maybe you should look at having some more sausages or steak in your diet.Although you exercise at the moment (which is a good thing), i think your rate of metabolism would negate positive results from such actions. Your metabolism could very well be eating away at your muscle cells, if that is the case then you will have a hard time creating new muscle cells. Get your dad to buy you ice cream and give him the reason why, that is a food i believe any one would have trouble keeping their weight down on. It may give you some fat stores in your body so you can work from there. By the way FoulGilang, 19 years old ain't a boy, your a man! :)

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

my first advice is to ask your doctor to put you on the proper diet and excersize program.but if that's out of the question, my best guess with this limited information is eat more carbs and proteins....and double your excersize routine. you can easily do that by just doing at night what you do in the morning. try 20 of each. not 10, and include some 50 jumping jacks. if you ask me, good stretching excersizes might help too. find a book on them. i wouldn't change the quantity of your diet just to gain weight.

nobody is fine if they themselves don't think they are fine. take for instance the person who can eat a meal and throw it up 10 minutes later in the bathroom because he/she feel they are too fat even when other people say they aren't and are "fine"

this is not to say it's in his head. nobody will be able to know what the problem is with the limited information given.

i think you're fine...but underweight..

That sounds a bit of a serious issue to me. You obviously must have very fast metabolism. I was (and am) about the same height as you. At your age (19), i think at my absolute lowest i weighed about 68 kg.

Pasta foods are a good way to gain weight and reasonably cheap too. You put in a slice of cheese, a sprinkle of chives, a little salt and you've got yourself a decent meal. Also how much protein is in your diet? Maybe you should look at having some more sausages or steak in your diet.

Although you exercise at the moment (which is a good thing), i think your rate of metabolism would negate positive results from such actions. Your metabolism could very well be eating away at your muscle cells, if that is the case then you will have a hard time creating new muscle cells.

Get your dad to buy you ice cream and give him the reason why, that is a food i believe any one would have trouble keeping their weight down on. It may give you some fat stores in your body so you can work from there.

By the way FoulGilang, 19 years old ain't a boy, your a man! :o

lol okay, i'm a man alright :)

i've never heard about very fast metabolism. is that some kind of illness? or in genetic? can it be cured? if i do have that, must i eat more to match the metabolism speed? :\

i don't really like cheese, but pasta will be fine. meats are mostly in my lunch and dinner, my father always bought that and if it's not me who ate it then nobody will eat it anyway. about the ice cream, isn't it badfor your health to consume much ice cream?

my first advice is to ask your doctor to put you on the proper diet and excersize program.

but if that's out of the question, my best guess with this limited information is eat more carbs and proteins....and double your excersize routine. you can easily do that by just doing at night what you do in the morning. try 20 of each. not 10, and include some 50 jumping jacks. if you ask me, good stretching excersizes might help too. find a book on them. i wouldn't change the quantity of your diet just to gain weight.

i don't know if there's doctor who set up diet program here, i'll check it out tomorrow

what other information do you require? i would like to give more if i can :D

i think you're fine...but underweight..

i'm in the position to such as "i think i'm fine but most people think i'm not fine"

and "but underweight" is definitely not fine - -

I don't think your in the weight range that doctors deem to be healthy. If i remember correctly it starts at somewhere near the weight i described i was (68 kg) to like 10 kilos over that, otherwise your not really on target.Ice cream isn't healthy and i'm by no means offering professional advice here, though if i were in your position thats definitely what I'd do. I'd have 1/4 of a kilo of ice cream a day for a week, if that doesn't do much than half a kilo a day. Metabolism is a process where your body processes food to gain energy, nutrients and protein for your body. Some people naturally take all these up fast, some take it up much more slowly. If i were hazard a guess, you would have a fast metabolism. Do you feel extremely hungry sometimes if you forgo a meal during the day?If you do that is a good indication. Otherwise a doctor should at least be able to give some good suggestions, or alternatively a dietitian. You should be looking to eat slow digesting goods such grains, oatmeal, multi grain bread, Basmati rice i think...The slower the better, i only suggest ice cream as a short term solution. Likewise i find pasta a better source of energy than some of the slow digesting foods i mentioned just before (but that is only me). Sugar is only good for quick energy hits, sometimes if ingested in excess quantities it is stored as fat, but that doesn't seem to be happening in your case. A doctor may be your best alternative.

high metabolism is not an illness. most people WANT a high motabolism to lose weight though. not to lower it. metabolism is a good think but will lower as you get older. this is when you WILL gain weight.but even if you do have a high motabolism, i wouldn't suggest trying to lower it as all the things that would require you to lower it, would be more unhealthy.some people think tricking the body in to think it's starving is a good way to gain weight so the body stores up more fat. you can do this by eating a low calorie diet but it's not really suggested.again, high protein foods in your diet is your best bet. excersize to gain muscle which will allow you to gain weight.but i would seriously urge you to ask a doctors opinion after you get tested with blood work.if all else fails, try smokin' a bowl a day, vegging in front of the t.v. while laughing for no reason, and eating the snack foods that you will definately be craving. that should help....but again....not healthy....

Ice cream isn't healthy and i'm by no means offering professional advice here, though if i were in your position thats definitely what I'd do. I'd have 1/4 of a kilo of ice cream a day for a week, if that doesn't do much than half a kilo a day.

okay.... no, thank you. i think i'll be caught in fever the next day .______.

Metabolism is a process where your body processes food to gain energy, nutrients and protein for your body. Some people naturally take all these up fast, some take it up much more slowly. If i were hazard a guess, you would have a fast metabolism. Do you feel extremely hungry sometimes if you forgo a meal during the day?

er... i don't know. i like to snack something up, so i don't know whether i'm already hungry or still full because i ate everything i see good on my taste (i'm the one who will do the clean up when nobody eat, IF it was tasty). but, well........... i do eat when the meal time comes even when i snacked, so i guess i AM always hungry :)

high metabolism is not an illness. most people WANT a high motabolism to lose weight though. not to lower it. metabolism is a good think but will lower as you get older. this is when you WILL gain weight.

so that's why most of the older people seems fat? uh, forget that. i do hope i will gain weight later, but at this rate i don't think it will help me to reach the target though :D

A doctor may be your best alternative.

but i would seriously urge you to ask a doctors opinion after you get tested with blood work.

okay, which doctor must i ask? i've never heard of nutrition doctor around :D

if all else fails, try smokin' a bowl a day, vegging in front of the t.v. while laughing for no reason, and eating the snack foods that you will definately be craving. that should help....but again....not healthy....

lol now i remembered a humor movie which show that kind of living :o Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

Just a regular doctor should be able to help you and if they cant, they can refer you onto someone else (like a dietitian).

The likelyhood is that there is nothing Wrong, you've probably stopped growing by now so don't expect any changes there; as for your weight lots of people find it near to impossible to put on weight without really starting to eat fattening food, and it's impossible for them to double in weight, resent research has shown that your body does its best to keep you at the weight you are when you hit puberty usually, and it will burn fat to keep you at that weight you are. See your doctor if your concerned but as I said I highly doubt there's anything wrong with you.

The solution in your case is simple. Start eating more and no junk food!! and second WORK OUT!!!Push up's will do you well but at a certain point they become useless because you need a larger weight and because your bodyweight doesnt increase that much , it's impossible to workout corectly for gaining muscular mass.Buy some weights to work at home , they are pretty cheap! or go to the gym , this way ou are more motivated to workout. I know what your' going through , when i was in 11th grade i had like 58 KG , i was slim as hell.. but then started working out and eating more and in two years i got to 67 KGs , so 9 KGs of which 0 FAT.It's easy to get bigger but watch out , put muscles not fat , it's not in your best interest.Good luck and don't worry , you are fine but probabily just lazy for not working out more :P.Also , one more thing , remember that for a workout to gain mass , you need Heavy weight and less repeats !! as opposed to a workout for defining muscles when you need less weight and more repeats.