xisto Community
football123213

Ipod Vs Mp3 Is Ipod good compared to other Mp3 players ?

What one do you have or want or think is beter  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I bought a Dell DJ 15Partially because the price was better,and partially because i didn't like the whole aesthetics of Apple and the way they seem to want to take over what is considered "hip".However, I have noticed that my Dell DJ is not constructed as well as it claims, I've had to use the manual reset feature quite often and there is something wrong with my headphone jack that I need to deal with before it becomes a problem. I don't know if I have a defected device or if the original models were just poorly constructed rip offs, but I still love it.

I bought a Dell DJ 15

Partially because the price was better,

and partially because i didn't like the whole aesthetics of Apple and the way they seem to want to take over what is considered "hip".

However, I have noticed that my Dell DJ is not constructed as well as it claims, I've had to use the manual reset feature quite often and there is something wrong with my headphone jack that I need to deal with before it becomes a problem.

I don't know if I have a defected device or if the original models were just poorly constructed rip offs, but I still love it.

129761[/snapback]

The Dell DJ is rather flimsy, but surprisingly, it can withstand being dropped quite a few times. As for it freezing, the worst offender of trouble like that is the RCA Lyra Jukebox. That piece of crap freezes so easily, and I always had to let the battery go dead before I could charge it and use it again. I went through that same process for two weeks until I found the rather well-hidden reset button. I always needed to have a paperclip handy just in case it froze, which was quite often. Now if the iPod had a reset button, then it would be even better. It freezes sometimes too, and there's no way to fix it except to let it die on its own. Good thing that doesn't happen often.

its ipod for me all the way i have a 20gig click wheel its just looks great works great i love the ipod. i would have a ipod over and mp3 player anyday

I'm going with the iPod. I have a 20GB 3rd Generation iPod and I think it is one of the most useful things I have ever bought. I take it with me everywhere and I use it literally every day. I store everything on there (not just music), and because my family has 2 computers, I use the iPod to transfer files from one computer to the other.iPod is so easy to use too. My brother has an mp3 player and it has so many buttons it's not funny. It's so confusing. iPod on the other had has only 4 buttons and a scroll wheel...so much simpler!iPod also has a calendar, clock, alarm, address book, games, and you can view txt files, and (on the newer ones) images on the ipod screen.I think iPod has really good sound quality as well compared to all the mp3 players that I've used. I don't know if it's the earphones, or the iPod...maybe both. Either way, it sounds good.So...yep...iPod all the way! -_-

I think iPod has really good sound quality as well compared to all the mp3 players that I've used. I don't know if it's the earphones, or the iPod...maybe both. Either way, it sounds good.

135074[/snapback]

The iPod has good sound overall, and not just because of the headphones, but because of its audio hardware acceleration.

If you think about it, the iPod has a better value. The Creative players were almost $200 and only had 1GB of space, while the iPod is $300 for 20GB. Hmmm... I wonder. Which is the better buy? You make the pick.

56418[/snapback]

Um, actually I got my Creative Nomad Zen Xtra 60GB for about $300, so, um, hmmmmmm... what store is trying to rip you off? Might want to do a little more marketing research before you make outrageous price claims just to make the iPod look better. :)

Since I currently have an iPod (Shuffle), I'd have to go with iPod. It may not have the display screen like mini or regular iPod, but I like how you can recharge the battery but just plugging it into a computer that has iTunes on it. Pretty much all the files I have on the player or in mp3 format, although I'll give the Lossless encoding feature a try someday.

A iPod is like an MP3 player, in so many ways, except the iPod is stylish, pretty, and has a color screen.But then again, there are an even greater variety of MP3 players out there with bigger, better screens, cooler looks, and much more. Why is the iPod so "popular"? Simply since commercial advertising made people thing it is. STOP WATCHING TV! Not to mention, half the movie stars out there are paid to carry iPods around with them. Thus, you see it everywhere, giving you the forced opinion that everyone needs one. Now, if I am right, then the following will make everyone stop buying iPods:.-Zylstra

IPod would be the market leader out there right now. But of course, there are other MP3 players and brands, creative for example, iriver and so forth which are just as good. I guess that IPod must have the marketing power and skill to get their product out there, as opposed to the other brands. Although the IPod shuffle is pretty handy when it comes to its small size, despite no display of the song playing and the like. But still small and stylish, which i guess is pretty popular courtesy of their marketing. As for personal preference however, I got a mp3 player from one of my old workplaces sometime ago, 512mb with another 512mb card in, still use it to this day.