xisto Community
football123213

Ipod Vs Mp3 Is Ipod good compared to other Mp3 players ?

What one do you have or want or think is beter  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Neither. Buy CDs people!I actually still download MP3s...heh heh. It's really only a method of sampling though. If I like the material, I'll buy the CD. If not, I'll just delete it. It's that simple!

Hello !I bought a Ipod ! It's a very beautiful mp3 player BUT There is a problem when I show the level of left-battery... Someone has the same problem? I have the french configuration, It's maybe the only who has there errors :/ ! The price is very expenssive (=400? for 20 GB) and I did wait a perfect one !bye !

IMO - the only thing good abt Ipod is the space... there are lotta mp3 players out there with lotta nice features.... and other with no so nice features. the way things are going, we'd see better players coming out soon supassing the Ipod popularity.ViC

I think MP3 players are way better than ipod, although yeah, ipod has a lot of memory, and that touch screen or whatever it is called. um... i still like MP3 players way better, lets say that you have 1000 mp3 files in your computer, and you want to put all of those files in the ipod. Well you would have to change the format of all of those songs, so by the endo you would have 2000 songs in your computer, and 1000 of them that you computer would not be able to read, because they are itunes. Well about the memory of the ipod, yeah it is pretty big, but you can deffinately find mp3 players with the same capacity in space that the ipod has, for example NOMAD has pretty big memory on its MP3 players. Plus mp3 players have A LOT of features ipods dont have, for example, recording music, microphone, and radio.ipods are cool, but i preffer mp3 players.

If the reason you dislike the Ipod is because you don't like the "fad" of it then you are totally not running your life in the way that is great man. The Ipod is pretty damn good for playing mp3s though I think I'm getting the Dell MP-Player just because I can never get Ipods to work.

I think MP3 players are way better than ipod, although yeah, ipod has a lot of memory, and that touch screen or whatever it is called.  um... i still like MP3 players way better, lets say that you have 1000 mp3 files in your computer, and you want to put all of those files in the ipod.  Well you would have to change the format of all of those songs, so by the endo you would have 2000 songs in your computer, and 1000 of them that you computer would not be able to read, because they are itunes.  Well about the memory of the ipod, yeah it is pretty big, but you can deffinately find mp3 players with the same capacity in space that the ipod has, for example NOMAD has pretty big memory on its MP3 players. Plus mp3 players have A LOT of features ipods dont have, for example, recording music, microphone, and radio.

ipods are cool, but i preffer mp3 players.

53188[/snapback]

Actually, as an iPod owner, I wasn't aware that you had to convert files. I mean, all my songs are mp3, and they go straight to the iPod without any conversion whatsoever.

The iPod is a MP3 player... :D

Tech Specs from the Apple iPod site:

"Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 (32 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible, AIFF, Apple Lossless and WAV"

49004[/snapback]

i think the question was more like, "Mac or Other"

I prefer other brands because they're much cheaper and more variety to choose from.

Plus now Creative has come out with some pretty big storage sizes.

AND.....the rage is all iPod nowadays, so there's one biggest reason not to go for that.

i think the question was more like, "Mac or Other"

I prefer other brands because they're much cheaper and more variety to choose from.

Plus now Creative has come out with some pretty big storage sizes.

AND.....the rage is all iPod nowadays, so there's one biggest reason not to go for that.

56402[/snapback]

If you think about it, the iPod has a better value. The Creative players were almost $200 and only had 1GB of space, while the iPod is $300 for 20GB. Hmmm... I wonder. Which is the better buy? You make the pick.

I prefer neither. I'll just stick with my CD Player. It's good enough forme. I don't need all of these high-tech mp3 players to enjoy music. As usual, the ipod is just another fad getting a company the big bucks. Plus, I don't usually follow fads, so I don't really care about them. In my opinion, I find it to be a waste of money, especially if I'm not going to listen to 1500-2000 songs. But that's just me.