xisto Community
football123213

Ipod Vs Mp3 Is Ipod good compared to other Mp3 players ?

What one do you have or want or think is beter  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you think about it, the iPod has a better value. The Creative players were almost $200 and only had 1GB of space, while the iPod is $300 for 20GB. Hmmm... I wonder. Which is the better buy? You make the pick.

yes, that's true. but i'm not stuck on Creative, and while it is a good brand, there are other generic MP3 players that offer 20 or 40 GB sizes, at prices competitive with the iPod. Though i haven't bought one myself---like inspired, i've got a cd/vcd/mp3 walkman, which currently meets my needs, and i am not in any mood to spend more at this point. :D

yes, that's true. but i'm not stuck on Creative, and while it is a good brand, there are other generic MP3 players that offer 20 or 40 GB sizes, at prices competitive with the iPod. Though i haven't bought one myself---like inspired, i've got a cd/vcd/mp3 walkman, which currently meets my needs, and i am not in any mood to spend more at this point.  :D

56873[/snapback]

True, if you already have a player, there's no point in buying another. But if you're like me, with over 75+ CD albums, and you listen to music almost constantly, it's the perfect alternative to the problem of carrying several CDs with you wherever you go.

I have an ipod+ mp3 player(i got a cheap one last year) Overall i think the ipod is amazing as it can store 40gb of stuff in just a small thing....But the problem with an ipod is that it shows really badly and if u r at school...the teachers tell u off and u get a detention for such a small thing but with the mp3 player u can easily hide it and just listen at school. The ipod I have is white which I like and it rocks if u r going to like parties or like boring places if u dont have a mobile(which in this case I do.....nokia 7600...i can store up to one movie)The ipod overall i would giv it a 9/10 for the appearance....7/10 for size....10/10 for technologyThe mp3 players suck..i have a 64mb big one!!!LOLOverall i voted the ipod for the best because it storeds so much and it just looks sooo cool

The iPod all the way. It has more storage space, longer battery life, and is in all ways a better portable music device.I don't have one myself, but I have compared the MP3 players and iPods that my friends have, and I think that the iPod is by far the best. It can store 1000's more songs, and having a larger storage space means that you can use files of higher bitrate, and thus higher quality.The only drawback is the cost. iPods cost so much more than MP3 players.For now, I'm happy with my ancient CD player.

The iPod all the way. It has more storage space, longer battery life, and is in all ways a better portable music device.

I don't have one myself, but I have compared the MP3 players and iPods that my friends have, and I think that the iPod is by far the best. It can store 1000's more songs, and having a larger storage space means that you can use files of higher bitrate, and thus higher quality.

The only drawback is the cost. iPods cost so much more than MP3 players.

For now, I'm happy with my ancient CD player.

59199[/snapback]

Well, I've seen a lot of mp3 players with 1GB or less for $250, so paying an extra 100 for at least 15 more GB is a good deal to me.

There is just something about me and GUI's, and I just love the graphical interface, and now with the newer edition of Ipod, you can use it like a photo album and look at all the pictures that you have stored inside the ipod. Plus I like the outside skin of an ipod, it looks very professional like, and just like a Macintosh Computer (Simplistic :) ) yet its purpose it for storing music.

Wow, this is funny! But many people have that confusion... Hard to believe... iPod is an MP3 player although Mac has magnificently covered that up and made it seem as if the iPod is a new and rare kind and type of music player... Its just another name, but in the end its an MP3 player... Like a computer...It can be Mac or Windows but they're both computers...

When you get more space, it doesn't always means it will run properly after u fill it up a certain amount. I have a MP3 Player, and I like it a lot, it was $154 on Ebay, so I don't wanna see the real price. I vote for MP3 Players.

Wow, this is funny! But many people have that confusion... Hard to believe... iPod is an MP3 player although Mac has magnificently covered that up and made it seem as if the iPod is a new and rare kind and type of music player... Its just another name, but in the end its an MP3 player... Like a computer...It can be Mac or Windows but they're both computers...

62214[/snapback]

True, but you'd have to keep in mind that though we don't hear much about the other brands, there still is the Nomad, the Lyra, the Zen, the Net-MD, and more. Those are mp3 players as well, but you don't really hear about them much. Apple just has more access to media advertising, and smart advertising at that.

Another thing to remember is that Apple's system, though lacking compatibility with PCs, has almost no imitation, unlike the ever-popular IBM-compatible PC system (there were Mac clones here and there, but they've all lost out to Apple in the end, Apple being the non-PC giant it is, much like how distributors like Dell, Gateway, Compaq, and Alienware have dominated the PC market). You can't plug in a PC-formatted hard disk or CD into a Mac and expect it to work all the time.

Definitely an MP3 player for me, I don't like iPods. I have an RCA Lyra MP3 player, and it's expandable, so depending on the size of the CF card I insert into it, I can get as much music on it as I want. :) iPods are larger than my MP3 player, and don't even have the same capabilities. Just not for me. :)

Definitely an MP3 player for me, I don't like iPods. I have an RCA Lyra MP3 player, and it's expandable, so depending on the size of the CF card I insert into it, I can get as much music on it as I want.  :D iPods are larger than my MP3 player, and don't even have the same capabilities. Just not for me.  :)

66420[/snapback]

CF cards aren't going to be cheap in the big sizes, I think they're up to 8gb now, butr at some incredibly high crazy price, something like $1000. (Made for photographers.) And the mini can't be much bigger, and the interface is probably a million times better, as well as the sound quality and software.

ROFLMAO

I have seen so many errors in this topic... lol oh man. ok. First of all, the ipod is a hard drive based music player, the formats it accepts include mp3, aac, wav i think, and some of the other big ones. (Some, for obvious reasons.) I believe I read someone saying that the ipod had a bad interface or something liek that, hard to use, and trust me, it is a marvel of engineering. If it wasn't for the poor battery life, (especially on the minis, of which I have one and wouldn't give it up for anything.) I would declare ipod's perfect. The main format that the ipod uses, aac, (.m4u, mpeg4 audio) sounds at 128 kbps the same as an mp3 player at 196kbps. Not only that, but the ipods sound quality is beaten by a very select few players, one of them being the creative zen micro if I remember right. (ratio of noise to something, can't remember in detal.)

And I have about 400 mb left on my mini, I will be able to end up putting 1100 songs on it, which is plenty for me. The ipod is simply better than anything else out there, with the possible exception of the creative zen micro being better than the ipod, but that depends on what source you read.

CF cards aren't going to be cheap in the big sizes, I think they're up to 8gb now, butr at some incredibly high crazy price, something like $1000.  (Made for photographers.) And the mini can't be much bigger, and the interface is probably a million times better, as well as the sound quality and software.

ROFLMAO

I have seen so many errors in this topic... lol oh man.  ok.  First of all, the ipod is a hard drive based music player, the formats it accepts include mp3, aac, wav i think, and some of the other big ones.  (Some, for obvious reasons.)  I believe I read someone saying that the ipod had a bad interface or something liek that, hard to use, and trust me, it is a marvel of engineering.  If it wasn't for the poor battery life, (especially on the minis, of which I have one and wouldn't give it up for anything.) I would declare ipod's perfect.  The main format that the ipod uses, aac, (.m4u, mpeg4 audio) sounds at 128 kbps the same as an mp3 player at 196kbps.  Not only that, but the ipods sound quality is beaten by a very select few players, one of them being the creative zen micro if I remember right.  (ratio of noise to something, can't remember  in detal.)

And I have about 400 mb left on my mini, I will be able to end up putting 1100 songs on it, which is plenty for me.  The ipod is simply better than anything else out there, with the possible exception of the creative zen micro being better than the ipod, but that depends on what source you read.

67268[/snapback]

That's the best argument for iPods I've heard so far. I have to agree on a lot of those points, especially the part about the battery life. If they lasted 30 hours like the Sony Net-MD did, that would be awesome. I love the interface, and the nifty little features they've added as well. The 8-hour battery life is rather short, though. Despite its few drawbacks, I still think it's one of the better ones out there. Compared to others like the RCA-Thomson Lyra (which is horrible beyond all horror) the Rio, and the Virgin players, the iPod is the better choice. The only ones I think that compare to it are the Creative Nomad and the Sony Net-MD, but their pros and cons make them about equal to the iPod, in my opinion.

Oooh! I would go with the Ipod.. I love my baby :o Apple did a great job in making the Ipod although, one of the more attractive side of macs is it is the minority ^^ so it attracts all the creative types like myself. Ipod has become so big.. its quite interesting