xisto Community
akira550

Favorite Subject? what is it?

My favorite ? it's physics. But i'm not keeping up with this subject anymore. It was my favorite during university time. I think too much corporate head will definitely take some of your interests from your head and this has to be one for me. But i still like physics and will keep up with it in future if possible. Maths ? hmm, not enjoyed much or had fun with it. and have to agree with quatrux, as we go ahead from bachelor to post graduation-math is reduced in some subjects and unless we pick any complex analytical subject, maths is totally absent from it.

my favorite one is mechanics. actually i'm studying it and i'm in the third year of bachelor of science in mechanics.i like electronics too but i found it very hard to study (an because i'm a bit lazy)so i went for mechanics. but probably you are thinking what is the similarity between mechanics and electronics i should say that there is some similarity. the similarity border between electronics and mechanics is "control". control is a common branch which brings electronic and mechanics together. in some countries it's name is mechatronic which is most about robots and automation. i want to study Master in mechatronic branch.

My favorite academic subject has to be math. I really love solving problems even though I hated doing homework. In my opinion, math isn't fun if you are solving problems just for the heck of it. Actually, I should really say that I am more interested in logic. I have always had the interest for mathematics so I decided to pursue it. I decided to follow the path of a computer programmer and I love it! Working with other people to solve problems is the best experience.My favorite subject in general is music. A lot of people say that music and mathematics usually go hand in hand. I am not sure about this but I do know that my passion for both of these subjects is about the same. I play the violin, piano, and vocals and I use this to relax. Music helps me when I am thinking about things.

I love anything computer related and graphic related. My favorite subject when I was in high school was probably history, even though my history teacher for some reason didn't like me and would always try any excuse to made me fail but she couldn't :P I just studied a lot. When I was in college my favorite was illustration, it is soo relaxing, the time just passes by without you noticing :).

Although I have left school for a while now, there is nothing wrong with digging up some memories:Never was much of a figure head, so, maths are off the list a bit for me.But then, it appears, someone who is not that great at maths is usually quite competent in languages, and the other way round.Well, apart from languages (we had to learn 4 at school, including our mother tongue, of course, I then went on to learn one more, proved useful to me, because I have done a lot of travelling for work, and worked all over Western Europe), but even now, I still like learning languages, for the filipinos on here, I am in the process of learning some Cebuano (Visaya, if you like).I have always been one for studying and learning further skills (went back to university when I was 42 to do my PGCE), and, although, when I went to secondary school, and even while in Higher Education, the most sophisticated thing we knew was a pocket calculator (tells you a bit about my age :blush: ), I only bought my first computer in 1986 (a Commodore 64), but I am deeply interested in ICT, trying to learn PHP/MySQL at the moment, learned a lot about web design, and, back in the 80s, of course, the native language of the Commodore: BASIC.I have also learned a lot about networking, and my whole sound and studio setup is based upon a PC.Because, this I almost ommitted (the most important), the subject that has really ruled my life was music.Although we did not learn about music that much in secondary school, I went to private music lessons and also studied at music school after normal school hours.So, that went on and on, until I started my degree in music, and then, like I said, later my PGCE, and it was as a musician that I did all the travelling, while nowadays I have gone more into the field of music education, hoping I can make it a favourite subject for many young people.

My favorite subject was philosophy. I even thought about majoring in it at one time. But what could you do with it? Honestly, you could do a lot with it. I'm sure jobs would definitely hire you, but a minor or double major would be best with this degree. In taking quite a few philosophy courses, I was taught to analyze and think critically, have a debate to the truth, not to win, understand logic, and just basically make friends, but especially friends with men who have been dead for centuries and yet their discussions continue on and on.Although very challenging at times, my favorites were Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Kant, Descartes, Hume, Nietzsche, among many many others. There is just something about questioning life and the universe and everything within. The problem with it though is.. what does it matter? I suppose it matters a great deal. Nietzsche and even Freud discussed what would be an ideal society to live in, and German society was even somewhat an attempt to model some of their works. Even if misinterpreted.I just loved the classes and remember the classes that made me truly think about myself, my life, and my purpose. Those were my favorites.I took a class called Theology and Psychology of Vocation which was very personal, getting me to expose my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes, my everything, and getting me to evaluate my own decisions and needs. I had to give a speech in this class and I did such an amazing job, people for semesters, were still telling me they remembered it. So I guess I want to change the lives of others, and this is the class that was a huge start for me to do it -- my own life and the lives of others.

My favourite subject is English. Writing poems and articles is a special talent gifted to be my God. I love reading. One can never say one is perfect. Only God is perfect. Good pronunciation, Grammar, Modulation of Voice, and neutralised accent and good communication skills are attributes which make one lead to perfection. These qualities are very rare and fortunate people are blessed with such skills. However one has to work hard to reach this level. One is not born with these skills. A lot of practice, hard work and enthusiasm lead you to excellence.

Edited by velma
Kindly avoid repeating your post (see edit history)

I don't really have any "favorites." I enjoy all learning equally. Though if I really had to go out on a limb and choose something, it'd probably be mathematics or science, mostly because those two are (for the most part) directly related to all areas of life. Things like History, Geography and Physical Education are used sometimes but aren't really needed to get by in life.English is a bit iffy. I love writing and I do it often, but whether or not I like English depends on the class itself. I've been in many classes that are just recaps of old information or aren't really relevant to writing (and are more about reading).

Someone wrote that he loves history and math. After reading his post, I got the sense that he really loves history while using math often. What if one really loves both history and math? I wonder how he/she should choose his/her field of study or combination of fields of study to make use of the passions in the best way.

At time of my schooling mathematics was my favorite subject. and after that at college level Wireless Communication was my favorite.

My favorite subject is engineering. It requires knowledge from a combination of other fields, including math, physics, and possibly chenmistry and biology. It teaches individuals to solve problems in the real world. It makes one smarter in that it helps one understand how things around you work.

My favorite subject is engineering. It requires knowledge from a combination of other fields, including math, physics, and possibly chenmistry and biology. It teaches individuals to solve problems in the real world. It makes one smarter in that it helps one understand how things around you work.

I like engineering from a learning perspective (as it helps learn how so many things work, and it really shows that most things can be resolved through math), but I'm not too good at it! So many different formulas to remember, and keeping in mind subtle differences between them is rough.

my favourite subject in school was History but that is because we never forget our History where i come from.i hated Math it was boring and easy but i found about more history after i left school than when i was at schoolbecause the history was censored and no controversial subjects discused.