xisto Community
k_nitin_r

Chrome 3 Now Available

Google has made Chrome 3 available through the browser update system. Users do not get notified by the browser, but instead have to click on Tools (Wrench) and select About Google Chrome. New features in the browser include changes to the startup page, support for themes, and a quicker engine under the hood. Google is also using Chrome 3 to push for the draft HTML 5 standard, the rapid adoption of which would benefit YouTube, among their other web offerings.

I see that they are working on a version of Google Chrome for Mac's, but still no word on Linux versions. Bummer.

Chrome has already come this far?!! I remember trying the first version of Chrome and after that I never really got hooked onto it at all. It was good, but not good enough to beat Firefox. Well this is just one field where Google can't get the top spot any soon. This new version may not make any major difference in my opinion, as it still doesn't offer many of the features that Firefox does.

I really enjoy using Google Chrome. I used firefox for a long time, and it took me a while to get hooked on chrome. For some reason my install of firefox started acting weird so I tried Chrome. I've used it since then. The only regret I have is that some websites will not allow Google Chrome :P

Google chrome is the most simple browser in the internet so simple that I have never had the need to download it. Firefox is the best browser there are no comparison with chrome. Google have a good part of the cake in the internet business but with the browser they are behind internet explorer and netscape because the king of the browser is firefox there are no doubt. Maybe you can post more no "campaigness" reviews about the chrome browser because I dont care if the browser is designed to use with the google site....Google chrome is maybe the worst browser out there. Internet Explorer have the second place in uses aroud the world and maybe the first in some polls but it is evident that Firefox is possible the most used browser in the world now or the browser that will be the most used in some years. Google chrome sucks the best is Firefox...

I use Chrome as my default browser and I don't really want to see it becoming as powerful as Opera or Firefox browser, I want it to be simple, very fast and don't need anything more and it's great for me because it's just showing a web page as it needs to do and nothing more, if it will ever become more powerful it will get slower and maybe even as slow as firefox comparing to Chrome now and there won't be any difference, so I will stop using it.Because Chrome is my default browser, I use it to click on stupid links from chatting, reading documents and it's being open lets say through other applications for as a default browser (Netbeans any update news or installer news page etc.), I usually don't care about those sites, it's just a link and I want it to open really fast and don't even want to login or anything else, just to see what someone wants to show me, read a bit or see a youtube link someone showed on IRC on some channel and close it.For this reason I think Chrome is just very convenient for me.But as my main browser, for logging in, for keeping my cookies I just use Opera and it always has lots of tabs to the sites I need and mainly use and it's always clean to work for me, even though Opera is also really fast, I just do this for convenience, you know sometimes some people show a link where there are lots of javascript involved and the browser is not responding and etc. So I just can end task for Chrome and don't care about it and Opera is always on, so this is why I think Chrome never needs to become as powerful as Opera or Firefox.. I use Firefox only to test web designs and websites if they display the same on my projects.So I doubt Chrome is the worst browser, IE6 and IE7 is the worst browsers ever, IE8 at least works. If you just don't like the simplicity of Chrome, don't use it, use Firefox with all those options you won't ever need or never use and wait for it to always open for several seconds.

I'm on similar lines with quatrux. In what way chrome is worst browser ? I can understand it crashes with spell-checker sometimes. Also it crashes because of java and flash based sites. But again not for all. I find this crashing on computers with low resource. That could be the issue of taking system resource. So maybe they'll fix this soon. I've yet to try chrome 3 so i'll not comment on it about that crashing issue. And to call chrome worst over firefox, isn't firefox crashing more than chrome ? Isn't firefox taking more resources than chrome ? Some people even find such issues with opera. I don't know how people benchmark browsers to call it worst. Seriously, they need to go through some benchmark test before making gross generalizations.

i think i have chrome version 3?

not sure.

but anyways chrome has been coming out with some pretty cool themes :]

& i like google chrome because firefox got glitched on my computer from some app i downloaded for it.

i've noticed some difficulties that chrome has with some scripting types in sometimes that just BUGS because i have no other browser to result to besides interent explorer or safari.

overall google chrome is better than i.e . my reasons why? :

its fast

no coloured scrollbars

easy drag/drop tabbed browsing

easible navigable bookmarks, / & shortcut keys

features top visited links

checking past history is easy

can search straight from the address bar

app interrogation (apps developed by third party users)

run by google (that means ++++)

ability to restore tabs

doesnt crash much (except sometimes the spell checker stops checking for spelling issues, and if you put your computer on sleep it crashes java/shockwave)

its a better choice than i.e , but i'm not so sure with firefox. with upcoming versions though it can be competition to worry about :].

for now, its new , give it a break. firefox is sort of old, but diffidently not new. meaning its had many years to develop compared to firefox.

also, i'm not an expert when it comes to browsers so you can shoot me if i'm wrong x-x;

I have only used chrome once and thats why I don't know much about its new versions etc. But I know as it is from google it will be one of the best only. I am a regular user of Opera and some times IE.

Chrome has already come this far?!! I remember trying the first version of Chrome and after that I never really got hooked onto it at all. It was good, but not good enough to beat Firefox. Well this is just one field where Google can't get the top spot any soon. This new version may not make any major difference in my opinion, as it still doesn't offer many of the features that Firefox does.

I gave up on firefox after it really screwed itself up. I was experimenting with different browsers(opera, safari, chrome) and I have to say, firefox was my least favorite, due to the fact that IT HAD NO URL box, nor favorites, nor refresh or anything like that. It was basically blank at the top. I tried posting my problem on their forums, but no one ever bothered to put a response. I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I personally don't see why the program should have a reason to screw up so much like that. I use chrome now, but view Xisto in IE, because it screws up a lot in Google Chrome. I love google chrome. Utterly my favorite browser.

I gave up on firefox after it really screwed itself up. I was experimenting with different browsers(opera, safari, chrome) and I have to say, firefox was my least favorite, due to the fact that IT HAD NO URL box, nor favorites, nor refresh or anything like that. It was basically blank at the top. I tried posting my problem on their forums, but no one ever bothered to put a response. I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I personally don't see why the program should have a reason to screw up so much like that. I use chrome now, but view Xisto in IE, because it screws up a lot in Google Chrome. I love google chrome. Utterly my favorite browser.

Yeah usually Google Chrome is avery good easy to use browser with a great community but I personally like Firefox because it looks cool and offers lots of personalizations! I had to get rid of Google Chrome on my old computer because my battery died and I got Windows 7 (which is the short story) so I haven't really redownloaded Google Chrome yet. Yet I will say Google Chrome is worthy of some applause. I think Google Chrome is #1, Internet Explorer is #2, and Firefox is #3. I have never tried Opera becuase I hear it is only good for mobile phones and devices. If you think Opera is good than please tell me more about it and I might reconsider....anyways Trap 17 seems to screw up alot even if I am on IE, well that was a little while ago nothing worked. But the Trap 17 code monkeys must have fixed the glitch or whatever it was because now Trap works like a charm. And the wait was totally worth it!

I love google chrome. I have always been a hard-core google supporter. I use Google Chrome regulary, but not for the forums(the shoutbox screws up a lot. Companies need to be more flexible and develop their websites to work with GC). I find that it loads EXTREMELY fast. Most googleists are probably minimalist(the google homepage properly displays this). I love google chrome for that. No stupid plugins or toolbars that slow down the browser way too much. IE is quite a stickler for that, as it's startup is like watching a snail run a 4k. I don't have a good experience with firefox either, due to the fact that when I ran it once, the URL input bar dissapeared! God, it's impossible to navigate the web when you can't even punch in a website name. Firefox was officially uninstalled.Google Chrome also added the new themes, similar to the ones you can use to decorate iGoogle. That's their first step to beautification. I have to admit, the themes do liven up the browser. Google chrom still has something to prove, but so far it looks good. :P

The thing that really hold me sold on Chrome (other than its security) was the browser's Javascript performance. After Safari, Google Chrome has the fastest Javascript engine of popular modern browsers. Firefox is actually the slowest, falling even below Internet Explorer in terms of JS efficiency. This only really becomes an issue when you're working with intensive visual JS applications, though.

I have frozen as the Chrome browser would not know where you but to me it was totally a disaster every hour crash is now getting the new version does not know what they have added corrected without rehearsal, just unfortunately I'm not even plan to install google Chrome</span>