xisto Community
SpiderVV

Windows 7 Is Out In October (for Non-msdn), Will You Buy It? Poll

Windows 7 or below?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, Windows 7 will be out in October for non-MSDN users. Will you buy it or stay with other, and why?I don't need to buy Windows 7 as a friend of mine is an MSDN user and burned it for me, but to everyone who wants to upgrade, I would seriously say Windows 7. It's very user-friendly and even works better with Aero on a PC that doesn't handle Vista well, it also gets a leap on the rating for me and made my GTAIV faster, much faster and I have less memory leaks overall (OS).

Edited by SpiderVV (see edit history)

I will definitely buy it and use it. After using the beta versions of Windows 7, I was very impressed. I now have Windows 7 RTM version which soon expires and I love it. The speed is great, Ram usage is low and the features are excellent. Was playing around with a tool sorta messed up abit, people will like this image:

Posted Image

I am going to buy it for sure. After going through all the beta and RC, i am really impress on how fast it is compared to Vista. Still, the retail price is pricey and i am waiting for a cheaper buy when Windows 7 OEM is out.

Hi!I'm not going to buy a copy of Windows 7 from the store shelves. I'd rather buy a pre-installed OEM version as it works out much cheaper that way. Considering how several OEMs already have it, I wonder if they will ship computers with Windows 7 next month.On my older PCs, I'm quite happy with Ubuntu 9.04, which I'll soon upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 when the final release is available which, by coincidence, also happens to be in October 2009.On my really old PCs (386, P-II), which are laptops that I just keep around for old memories, I run Windows 98 and Windows 3.1 as they can't handle the GUI for a modern-day Linux distribution.Regards,Nitin Reddy

I'm not an MSDN user but the main Windows7 site offered the beta downloads till a long time so I could try out W7 beta and also the Release Candidate, and I'm not at all impressed by what I've seen so far. Apart from the new graphics, there isn't really anything impressive that justifies the huge, greedy price set by Microsoft.For me Ubuntu (Linux) works perfectly well and the only reason I use W7 is to play the latest games. In fact, I think it's been over a month since I logged in to windows! It just sits there without any purpose on my hard disk. Anyway, I think hard-core Windows fans will find some hope in this new version. If those fans too find it distasteful then I guess MS has some tough days ahead.

Yes, of course I am gonna buy it.?I have tried beta version of Windows 7 and it is really fast and more user friendly.It is much more faster than the Windows Vista and Windows XP and support a lot of softwares.However, the only problem I face while using it is that I was not able to install and run Nokia PC Suite even its latest version.I hope this problem would be sorted out in its final version and I will be able to connect my Nokia phone to my PC? ;)

However, the only problem I face while using it is that I was not able to install and run Nokia PC Suite even its latest version.I hope this problem would be sorted out in its final version and I will be able to connect my Nokia phone to my PC smile.gif

It's not that I hate W7, but I do have to say that problems like these may crop up for a lot of people and the time is ripe for people to realize that there are other, better operating systems to run their computers!

I'm 90% sure that your Nokia phone would automatically be recognized in any distribution of Linux and you can use it without any kind of suites. I use my Sony Ericsson phone without any suite and it works perfectly fine in my Ubuntu system. So if you get a chance to try out Linux, do so and I'm sure you'll find the result satisfying ;)

No, I will not be buying Windows 7.

Ubuntu 9.04 is working very well. 

I do tech with MAC, Windows and Ubuntu. It is always a relief to work with Ubuntu. 

One aspect is that if things really go down the tubes, I can do a clean install without worrying about the money. 

Windows 7 may have some bugs when they do the release and I would wait until they have those fixed. It may be in the form of sp1.

I don't want to use Windows. It is harder to deal with than Ubuntu.

-reply by Maude

I will buy an copy of Windows 7, especially there is a amazing price of Student Select version of Windows 7 Ultimate in Hong Kong. tongue.gif

those special editions have some restrictions placed on them if I'm not wrong?It will be active only so long as you're a student. Once you've finished your studies they'll disable it.
Another project of MS called 'Bizspark' offers free premium MSDN membership to upcoming business ventures. To keep it alive, they have to show results through their business. If they quit, they have to cough up $100! These sort of restrictions can be imagined only by Microsoft and that's why I don't like them...

I'm afraid I'll have to pass this offer...Taking in consideration that I barely boot into windows anymore(only to print stuff and other things like that, my stupid printer hasn't got a Linux driver...) and I don't think it's going be that fast(like faster than Linux I mean...), so no, I'm not gonna buy the operating system, the only thing that worries me is that I'll probably have to when I buy a new laptop in the next four/five years. So unless building your own laptop becomes as easy as building your own desktop computer, I'll have to buy more winblows not-so-operating "system" with my new computer. Uhh.. the monopoly sucks...