xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TorraTorra

How Do You Want To Say Goodbye?

Ever think of the possibility that you might not live to see tomorrow? If so, have you said your goodbye yet? http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is the only place where you can leave a final farewell video message that will remain safely locked until the time of your death. Sounds crazy, but it's true in this modern age of internet technology. You might have a Will, you might have life insurance, but have you said your goodbyes to friends, family and loved ones? None of us know when our time is up...how do you want to be remembered?

Nice idea. Though I should point out that it only caters for Americans (i.e. those with a US Zip Code). Still, it's not a bad concept and seems genuine enough. I can't see the site making a profit, due to the lack of cost on the user's part and I can't see any ads or the like. Seems someone's making such a facility available out of the kindness of their own heart, likely after losing someone without a goodbye. Good to see there are still some generous folk out there. :)

I honestly thought this was a joke at first but I was wrong. I hope I don't need a computer to say my final good byes. Can I get just an email blast sent out. It would have to a killer subject line. Probably the best subject line ever.I'll think about it. Thanks for the link!

oops..ide ever thought that i will say a goodbye message on a computer! but if i will make a goodbye message it will be private not in public! hehe that is embarassing if someone you do not know will see or read :)but site is good nice website they build there,

First i thought this site is joke just like death-clock. but after going through their FAQ, i find it bit serious. and there are plenty of members into their network already shared their views about this. weird but yes there are few folks. My concern about the site is: what is the business model of this site ? how they're benefiting from confession videos or farewell videos ? what if those videos get into hands of psychopaths ? is it secure to share information on such sites ? now leaving such serious issues aside. Personally, i don't want world to remember me. i mean its almost mid-20's for me and i didn't find any reason that makes me say that, world needs to remember me. So i don't think there is any point in sending any video or message in such sites.

I was gonna use this topic as joke till i saw how serious it was...... anyone remember a "particular" scene in scary movie 1? Ok, ill be quiet now.

I don't think I'd have any interest in using such a service to say my final piece. Truth be told, I would hope that those I love would know enough about how I feel for them, to obtain some sense of closure once I'm gone. It's not so much a matter of finding the perfect words to say goodbye when the time comes, it's more a matter of sharing those words of insight, caring, and compassion while I'm still here. Being that I personally don't believe in any sort of afterlife... I need to make all of this count while I still can. Everything else is up to chance and circumstance and I find some strange sense of comfort in that. Life is progression and growth, death is inevitable and something I don't wish to focus on until it's right before my eyes. Until then, it's live, love, and keep fighting the good fight. I'll deal with death when it's my time.

sounds kinda neat idea but I don't know if i wanna do an electronic death note thing. lol. I don't know it all sounds kind of like a horror movie or Saw. Its like your "legacy" lives on in a video. lol.

That's a weird site but the concept's clean and that's what matters. I wouldn't want to say goodbye in any particular way - I would just want to pass on silently. Sure it would be worth it to leave a message to the loved ones, but I think going away in silence would be better for everyone.

Ever think of the possibility that you might not live to see tomorrow?

Oh sure, that definatly crosses my mind. You never know when some freak accident will take you out of the picture. Every time you get in your car you have no way of knowing wether or not you will ever see home again.

I can think of some good uses for this site. For some people it may be a really good idea. It wouldn't work much for me, because the people/person I care the most about is right here with me and know's I love him, and he's computer illerate anyway, so if I left a message he'd never find it anyway.

I think it would probably be better to let the people in your life that you care about know every day that they are important to you.

Dear friends its really a cool idea. But as it is only for US people so if they can extend it to other countries also then I think it would be a cool site to be visited by most of the internet users. By the way that is only my view. It may be differed by others. What ever it is, the idea is cool and new. Even I have heard of such a site for the first time.

Wow, this is a weird situation. I just personally don't want to *think* about that time. I would rather it just come and go than to have it on my mind. Making a video would do nothing but send a constant reminder of what's to come.

Wow, this is a weird situation. I just personally don't want to *think* about that time. I would rather it just come and go than to have it on my mind. Making a video would do nothing but send a constant reminder of what's to come.

Have to agree with that. I already replied on this topic and i think such sites are perfect for directors who are in search of snuff film actors. I mean psycho directors can think of it as opportunity and it saves them a lot of time. And making such videos is indeed reminder of what is next to come.

But if someone asked me personally (not like this site video stuff)how i want to leave this world, then i'll say i want to remove my traces,memories from this world. I think this one good way to leave this world. Just let your contribution or views remain in this world anonymously instead of name. I mean like anonymous poster on forums :). That is only way i can think of.

Ever think of the possibility that you might not live to see tomorrow? If so, have you said your goodbye yet? http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is the only place where you can leave a final farewell video message that will remain safely locked until the time of your death. Sounds crazy, but it's true in this modern age of internet technology. You might have a Will, you might have life insurance, but have you said your goodbyes to friends, family and loved ones? None of us know when our time is up...how do you want to be remembered?

I personally think it would be a great idea and seeing how many people have got problems and all, you might want to leave a real message to those you'll be leaving behind.

It would make a lot of sense, rather than writing a will, you can be seen actually saying it and people can check how emotional you were about who should inherit your riches! lol

its kinda weird but i had an uncle who wrote a will and the property left behind caused more bad than good when it was revealed he had been drugged just before writing it! with video footage, this would be clear lol!

Awesome site!How Do You Want To Say Goodbye?This is one of the most unique sites I have come across. I recently became a member and am using it to log my life legacy. Yes, you can leave a video message and say the words you seem to never get the chance to say, but I am also using it as my main place to store all my photos. It's very cool!-reply by Michelle