xisto Community
Dodger

The Most Idiotic Thing You Heard A Christian Say

I was a new Christian and started to have faith in something. I had met my soul mate and wanted to get married within a few years even still we lived together. I was raped when I was 8 years old and my Pastor at this time at my new Church came round to our house and told us in no uncertain terms we were to get married straight away. He said that I wasn't to wear white dresses since this was for virgins and people who were clean. Since my soul mate and I lived together he said we were not clean. I never felt clean since that guy who raped me took that away from me at the age of 8 and since that time I had always felt unclean. I wanted to wear white, but I couldn't because of the pastor. It was everything to me my wedding day and that got taken away. My parents would have paid, but they wanted us to wait. We had no control over our wedding day because of that Pastor. He has since died and one day he will have to explain how harsh and unkind he was not just to me, but to other people in the Church because he wasn't always nice to people.

"They hate us for our freedom"."We're fightin' 'em over there so we don't have to fight 'em over here"."Fool me once shame on you. Fool me......umm.....and I won't be fooled again!""We're being welcomed there as liberators".Who else has some quotes of the great Christian Bush?I once worked for a southern Baptist Minister. He claimed that Noah's son Lot raped Noah, his own father, while Noah was sleeping in his tent drunk. God punished Lot by turning his children black, so that's where black people come from; they're the cursed descendants of Lot. He claimed it's o.k. to mistreat blacks since that's part of their curse. The minister's son used to talk about raping young black girls. He said it would be o.k. since they're not people.I've never heard a nice Christian quote the Bible. When people start quoting the Bible, it's a red flag that they're looking for biblical justification for their evil deeds.BTW- most of you above are off topic!

Edited by mikeyboy63 (see edit history)

Technically they did. By saying that as a Christian as if scientists were placed by the devil; they themselves are adding to the bible, a set of rules and beliefs for Christians to follow.

Well, they're not really adding much, are they? It's definitely not a valid addition, as God never wanted it there.

Just a plain simple answer. Some "So Called Christians" who really dont know what they are talking about make such comments, sorry to say, so they give a bad name to christianity, specifically God. Babies are not born sinning at that momemt of birth. The Bible says we are all born in sin. All Have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Babies are sweet and innocent but they as all of us did eventually grow up and sin. sin is part of human nature that everyone experiences and when the child is old enough to recognize sin and understand it that is when they are accountable for their sin. Preaschers, or just regular church goers that claim to be Christians need to be careful what they say because they represent God and He will hold them to the highest accountability on how they turn people away from God. Don't blame God for the stupid things some Christians may say. Just seek God for yourself and pray for those that have no sense.In His Love,D. Benitez

The stupidest thing I've heard Christians say, (and I'm one of them), is that Evolution and dinosaurs could not possibly be fact due to not being in the Bible. Just because it's not in the Bible doesn't mean it didn't happen. And as for Evolution... Who's to say God didn't create evolution?

Preaschers, or just regular church goers that claim to be Christians need to be careful what they say because they represent God and He will hold them to the highest accountability on how they turn people away from God. Don't blame God for the stupid things some Christians may say. Just seek God for yourself and pray for those that have no sense.

Im not a christian, i dont believe in your God and in truth i think Christianity is truly an evil religion, however, as a representative of your faith you have said well, and what you have said makes sense and should be read by your fellow christians who would condemn the world to "hell" for their "sins" (which are in fact guilt trips: "from the day you were born you sinned, better worship god and donate to the church otherwise that sin wont ever go away" = blackmail, emotional blackmail. But its your choice). Anyhoo, Kudos for saying what you did, you cant blame anyone but yourself for the things you do.

Take heap and do not take offense this is just some of my opinion not a fact, but i will use some facts to back up my opinions.Almost all of the religions out there, actually i will say all of them are used to foster wealth from it's believers and it used as a "scare tactic" to keep control on the society and human population.If we have it embedded into our brain that if you kill someone you are going to suffer an unimaginable horrible burning in hell in your after life and since we are not enlightened or experienced in the after life and feel this could be very true would you do it?I do believe there is a higher being almighty that created us and has rules outlayed for us to return to him, going to church is not one of those steps in the bible it says "Lift a rock and you will find me". So why do we at all need to go to this "place of worship" if we can find him under a rock.Now it would be wrong if you can rely on the bible because we don't have the full story the Christian religion has admitted to withholding approximately 20 books or chapters from the bible. Not to mention it is interpreted by humans and to error is human so how do we know these translations are accurate? And originals are now almost missing.As for quotes or something said from a religious person, it is ridiculous because simply put almost all religions always say that the other religion is not up to worthiness, Christians included, wanted to say that other religion is wrong because you have other books, doctrine and covenants & the pearl of great price, so you can't be right but if you read close to last verse in John I think it is it says "If all his works were written not even all the libraries in the world could contain them."I feel as believed by all and possibly true, that there is a higher being and there is a heaven and hell but not to the extent that the holy preachers want to make me believe. We are all a part of this higher being made from him/her and will return to them when our time comes for us to be told whether we will live out our eternal after life with everyone in heaven or to suffer in hell.Right in this life in this world, who knows hell could be just your worst nightmare you have ever had lived repeatedly and heaven could be the most glorious thing you could ever imagine in your own mind. It has not been told to us what either of them are and no one has been there and come back except the one we will return to when it is time to be judged.I apologize again if I offended anyone for that was not my intentions it was to state my opinions about the quote of someone and the religious beliefs in general without opening another topic and starting a whole new ordeal in there.Be happy and live well.

Not all religions are money driven, mainstream ones seem to be, but not *all* religions.But otherwise you are quite correct.