xisto Community
Dodger

The Most Idiotic Thing You Heard A Christian Say

" Dinosaurs where put there by god to trick us!"you gotta love bill hicks... i dont even care if that was completley fabricated the way he told me it had me rofl'ing for ages.

Hi,I do not think that I have a right to say anything for if it is giving them pleasure in believing that God created the world in a week or anything, Heck go ahead.I found it creepy once when I got to know that I was going to Hell because I liked and listened to Rock, Metal and so on. :DI guess it is stupid in some ways but I would object only when they start hindering progress like contraceptives or something

Hmmm the most idiotic thing I heard a Christian say?They said so many thing I find idiotic, it's hard for me to decide.I think... when they say this Earth and all living things on it are made for us to use how we want to.And when you don't obey their laws, you go to hell and such...

Please remember that a religion should be judged by the rules of its holy book and not its followers. The average US citizen shouldn't steal, kill, or disobey any law yet they do. How would you like to be called a thief and killer if you didn't break those laws?Isn't being atheist a form of religion in itself? You are determined to believe there is no higher being. Its an unorganized religion.

the most idiodic thing i have heard come out of a christians mouth would have to be this....."scientist are just there to fool you. they have been put here by the devil to try to corrupt your mind"but one thing i don't understand about christians is there hate for other religions. i am not religous but i beleive in good nature and i also beleive in having faith in nonficional people. like you parents or any loved ones. but not faith in something as silly as god or christ or whatever.how a christian can sit there and say "if you are of a different religion you are going to hell" i don't know. because they are all praying to the same god. just in different ways. just because it has a lable in front of it doesn't mean it is that much different that anything else.

@ arza:Religion has always been a source of conflict between peoples. I don't think today you see a lot of Christians saying that they hate Muslims, Jews etc. but during the time of the Crusades, Black Death, etc. there was a lot of prejudice against other religions. I don't think though the "your going to hell because of your religion" view is still around many Christians today (maybe im thinking of just catholics alone, as im catholic)Hatred of other religions was/is around when it comes to other religious groups, like Muslims sometimes during the Crusades etc. Back on topic:The worst and funniest thing I've heard a christian say would be from William Donahue when he called the creaters of South Park "little whores" :P"The ultimate hypocrite is not Comedy Central ? that's their decision not to show the image of Muhammad or not ? it's Parker and Stone. Like little whores, they'll sit there and grab the bucks. They'll sit there and they'll whine and they'll take their shot at Jesus. That's their stock in trade."

@mojoaparantly you have never been to the united states. i hear people i know people i don't know and even stories of people being predjudice against other religions. you cannot say there isn't. people are going to argue over there beleifs just as you and i are now.

Have fun then and make your poll :PEDIT: Make sure the poll includes area other than known obvious ones that have problems with religionEX. Middle East

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

the most idiodic thing i have heard come out of a christians mouth would have to be this.....
"scientist are just there to fool you. they have been put here by the devil to try to corrupt your mind"

but one thing i don't understand about christians is there hate for other religions. i am not religous but i beleive in good nature and i also beleive in having faith in nonficional people. like you parents or any loved ones. but not faith in something as silly as god or christ or whatever.
how a christian can sit there and say "if you are of a different religion you are going to hell" i don't know. because they are all praying to the same god. just in different ways. just because it has a lable in front of it doesn't mean it is that much different that anything else.

I think if you believe strongly in one thing you have to disbelieve strongly all that contradicts it. All gods can't be the same though because they all have different, contradicting attributes according to their religions. How can you say the Allah of Islam, who is impersonal and created us as a monumental experiment, playings; is the same as the God of the Bible who loved us so much He sent His only Son to die for our sins, and doesn't want anybody to perish but for all to turn to Him and find eternal life?

I personally can not understand how people can claim all religions are the same. We can agree to disagree. We can agree to show mutual respect to one another regardless of religion. We can agree to hear each other out and even care more about the other person than ourselves, which is what the Bible commands and calls love. But that doesn't mean we need to say this nonsense about all religions being equally right or true.

Truth doesn't contradict. For me to say one Truth is right is to say all other proclaimed truths that contradict it are false. That's just common sense. Sorry if that offends you :P

One thing I will say though, is just because a person claims to be Christian and says something or acts a certain way, does not mean they are accurately representing what Christianity is. If I quote the Bible's text word for word, that's Christianity. If I say of the Bible "that means" then I'm simply giving my interpretation, and my interpretation may or may not be right. Look to the Bible to see what Christianity is and what the definition of a Christian is. You will find that the Bible writers recognize that since even Christians are simply people who still mess up, that God is in the process of perfecting, a process which will not be complete in this life for any of us.

You should use your logic and reasoning to decide for yourself whether what I say lines up with the Bible and is an accurate representation of Christianity. Read it for yourself, and don't just accept my word that it's right or that of others that it's wrong :P
Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

I think if you believe strongly in one thing you have to disbelieve strongly all that contradicts it. All gods can't be the same though because they all have different, contradicting attributes according to their religions. How can you say the Allah of Islam, who is impersonal and created us as a monumental experiment, playings; is the same as the God of the Bible who loved us so much He sent His only Son to die for our sins, and doesn't want anybody to perish but for all to turn to Him and find eternal life?
I personally can not understand how people can claim all religions are the same. We can agree to disagree. We can agree to show mutual respect to one another regardless of religion. We can agree to hear each other out and even care more about the other person than ourselves, which is what the Bible commands and calls love. But that doesn't mean we need to say this nonsense about all religions being equally right or true.

Truth doesn't contradict. For me to say one Truth is right is to say all other proclaimed truths that contradict it are false. That's just common sense. Sorry if that offends you :P

One thing I will say though, is just because a person claims to be Christian and says something or acts a certain way, does not mean they are accurately representing what Christianity is. If I quote the Bible's text word for word, that's Christianity. If I say of the Bible "that means" then I'm simply giving my interpretation, and my interpretation may or may not be right. Look to the Bible to see what Christianity is and what the definition of a Christian is. You will find that the Bible writers recognize that since even Christians are simply people who still mess up, that God is in the process of perfecting, a process which will not be complete in this life for any of us.

You should use your logic and reasoning to decide for yourself whether what I say lines up with the Bible and is an accurate representation of Christianity. Read it for yourself, and don't just accept my word that it's right or that of others that it's wrong :P

That's an incredibly valid point.
The things people have listed as idiotic things said by Christian's is usually always the opposite of wat the bible wants one to believe. No where in the bible does it say Scientists are evil- yet at the time of the bible's creation, there were people contradicting religion that could've been written about, but weren't. Christianity is there to promote level headedness, and just because preachers you find on the Open Access channel are streaming out, does not mean all Christian's believe. For instance, I think creationism is nonsense, and the Pope is unrealistic- I'm still Christian.. I also find it hypocritical that people who're sayin Christianity preaches hate, are speakingly so cruelly towards Christians. :P

Scientists are evil- yet at the time of the bible's creation, there were people contradicting religion that could've been written about, but weren't.

who said that the bible said scientist are evil. because if you are refering to what i said it is wrong. i was quoting a christian i know.

who said that the bible said scientist are evil. because if you are refering to what i said it is wrong. i was quoting a christian i know.

Technically they did. By saying that as a Christian as if scientists were placed by the devil; they themselves are adding to the bible, a set of rules and beliefs for Christians to follow.