xisto Community
kimochitim

The Freelancers' Union Building a Team for mutual benefit and

I think this google chat bot will serve the need for online communication.

To join the freelancers online chat room, add:

fluchat [at] gmail [dot]com

to your contacts list. The chats you send will be echoed to all the online members (not to those who are offline).

Edited by Len (see edit history)

I think this google chat bot will serve the need for online communication.

To join the freelancers online chat room, add:

fluchat [at] gmail [dot]com

to your contacts list. The chats you send will be echoed to all the online members (not to those who are offline).

I am on FLUCHAT!

If anyone has been reading this thread and is interested in learning more, we have just recently opened a google groups page. Please check us out... heck join us!

The Freelancers' Union - Google Groups Page

About The Freelancers' Union

The client wants you to do it all, unfortunately they don't know how much that really is. We are creating a network of freelancers who are willing to share their skills with others in order to satisfy the ever demanding client and strive to get the clients that were once unattainable.

The Freelancers' Union aims to connect the Designer, Developer, Photographer, Writer, Marketer, Editor, etc... to form a team whether it be for a specific project or permanently. Face it, you can't do it all, but maybe we can help. We are the Freelancers' Union and we build teams for mutual benefit and money.

I missed updates on this page. can anyone update me in short. how things are moving and where to look for more information about union?

I'm listed in the Xisto freelancers union and haven't taken part in any of thechats yet.I haven't had much time for it.I'll provide quality coding when needed though, and will most certainly make time for it.

Update:

We are at 10 members now. People are adding themselves to the group and as I have said a couple of days ago it seems like we are getting one member per day. Also something extremely rare is happening. People have offered to help others without anyone asking for it.

Join us. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well I can offer help too. I am very good on CSS and Wordpress too. I have lots of experience on coding psd to css/xhatml. Then i have lots of experience on wordpress coding.

Hi!

I've been doing some stuff with CSS and WordPress too, though my tryst with WordPress has been quite recent. I'm primarily an ASP.NET/C# developer who switched to PHP for the love of the WordPress platform (less than a month ago).

Do you have any open-source WordPress themes/plugins that you could post links to in the forum? I'd really like to look at ideas that other WP developers have been working on.

Regards

Recently, members from Xisto have formed a growing group of freelancers to establish a relationship for mutual benefit. We are calling ourselves The Freelancers' Union. TFU's objective is to network each others skills to create products that we previously were unable to do. You can learn more about The Freelancer's Union by visiting the Trap 17 FTU topic and our google groups page.

The Freelancer's Union Logo Contest.
We are currently accepting entries for our logo.
Rules:

• You can post it here on Xisto but be sure to save the PSD file. It will be needed if your logo is chosen.
  • It must be scale-able, and printable (CMYK mode).
    Your design could be on a building or on a letterhead; keep this in mind. Vector images are always the best way to go when designing a logo.
All we ask is that you do read up on us before designing and have fun!

Here is my submission...post-80675-1243321481_thumb.pngVector image simple, scalable and still visually appealing in black and white. It's unique and simple which makes it memorable. However I can't see how it ties in with TFU (In the design world it doesn't necessarily need to but, I would like it to have that kind of depth.If you can see it it says FU. Many people may think it's may be bad for biz due to the alternative meaning F*ck You. I think it could be something good. The letters FU together really catches the eye, however I may design of an alternative, more conservative logo as well.

Edited by kimochitim (see edit history)

Nice work Kimochitim, i particularly like the contrast between negative and positive space of the graphic. Just a quick point if i may, i wouldn't mind seeing a variation where the font is black, sized a couple/few points higher and a sans serif font.

For example -

The Freelancers

Union

or

The Freelancers

Union

But its all good either way, i'll hide back in my hole now. Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Nice work Kimochitim, i particularly like the contrast between negative and positive space of the graphic. Just a quick point if i may, i wouldn't mind seeing a variation where the font is black, sized a couple/few points higher and a sans serif font.

For example -

The Freelancers

Union

or

The Freelancers

Union

But its all good either way, i'll hide back in my hole now.

I'll shoot you the PSD tomorrow. Please feel free to tweak it to how you see fit. I wanted to share it with some of you guys earlier, however it needs to be copyright protected before I send it to anyone. It's my only proof of ownership. :lol: