xisto Community
kimochitim

The Freelancers' Union Building a Team for mutual benefit and

Is there a concept to follow for creating the TFU logo?

Why did you choose that design Tim?

I had 3 ideas:

The original was a Guild-like Coat of Arms. I did a bit of research on what a guild is and I actually think it is somewhat fitting to TFU, however creation of a coat of arms is actually quite a task that requires a defined organization. I still definitely want to do this in the short future.

Then, I decided to try an acronym...FU. I like how it's controversial due to it's secondary acronymic meaning. It will really stand out and catch one's eye however, the con to it is of course some people will be offended by it. I was playing with the fonts on my PC to find something attractive but nothing really stood out.

This is the idea that became. I was having some trouble creating a logo for TFU so I gave in to my greedy pleasure and drew what I wanted :lol: . I love drawing and as a child I surfed A LOT. In school I used to draw abstract looking waves on my assignments and what not. If you look closely you can see a curl inside the logo that slightly resembles a wave. So that is basically what it is... sorry, I agree that there should be some meaning to it, but there isn't anything that directly relates to TFU :XD: . But then again as it entails a part of the founder's history it may be of somewhat tangeable...

post-80675-1243389332_thumb.jpgpost-80675-1243389361_thumb.png
Edited by kimochitim (see edit history)

A proposed outline of the Freelancers' Union website has been posted on TFU's google groups page. If you are one of the google groups members you should be able to view it.If you would like to join us please sign up to google groups and you will be granted full access to view all the goodies.

Hi all, letting you know ill be posting some alternative designs based from kimochitim's logo on the TFU site. Feel free to express feedback on the matter if you wish. Its currently only in jpg and Inkscape's .svg format, but ill soon figure how to get it into adobe illustrator 9, as Inkscape is proving to be poo......., Thanks.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Sorry all,
I've been tending to a client for the past couple of weeks now and have been unavailable for a bit but hopefully I will be back online soon.

My client. tell me what you guys think of the site? At the moment only the homepage is complete, I am waiting on feedback before I do everything else.

I think this was the weakest layout that I have ever produced haha. It is somewhat effective however the post is one of the last things visible! Unfortunately this may be it, the budget is too small for me too live off of and and am forced to do what I need to do... Move on.

The site looks pretty well placed together. Especially the theme of it. But one question I have for you is:"Suggested & maximum width of media = 571 pixels"Is that supposed to be displayed out. or did you forget to put in the code to just see it in the coding? I know this is not completed but it looks great. Another thing I want to mentioned that using IE8, the Latest News Section isnt aligned with ther other two and yet it simply makes itself a new row below by itself. I ran the site under firefox and it was in place.Overall! keep up what your doing. I like it!

As mentioned by onitenki, Your homepage seems beautiful. But you make to little small length in your left side. It has more space and have to horizontal scroll in 1024x768 resolution on Firefox too. Be careful about your positioning with css.

and on about us page your content is out of paper. MY last line, care about css that you used in your client's website.

Update:Me and some of the members have teamed up to start our first TFU project! In this exercise we will be identifying what issues are to be faced when collaborating remotely with an international team (whew... fancy vocab). If you are interested in joining in the project there is a link in my signature that goes to the TFU google groups pageYou are always welcomed to join The Freelancers Union. If you don't know who we are there is a short description in my signature. We are looking forward to working with you!

As Kimo mentions above, we are beginning a new project which will iron out unforeseen team related issues for us. If any one is interested please give this a go as this will potentially lead to more profitable uses of your time soon.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I am very proud to mention that the Freelancers' Union has grown to 17. That's 17 contributers/team members/designers/writers/programmers/and so on! Were in it to help each other and you! I just talked to a colleague of mine and we are stirring up some money making ideas.I am currently talking to a sale lead I have and if we come to an agreement I will donate the PAID project to TFU. All contributers of this project will split the profits.I'm a bit excited...3 new members in 2 days. Whoo hoo! I got to get back to work now...so till next time. Ciao.Tim

UPDATE:We are currently devising a plan to incorporate The Freelancers Union. The activity this idea has produced proves this as a marketable concept and needs to be legally established for several reasons in order to house professional freelance designers. With that said I will not be as active online until further noticeAs always you are always welcome to join the TFU Google groups page until we are fully legal and operational. We currently have 21 members and are ready and willing to collaborate. **Note - Please realize that the network that is being constructed for experienced professionals. Before collaborating with anyone be sure you are sure that you are willing to commit yourself to the given project requested for collaboration.