xisto Community
Azeri_boy

My First Work

Nice enough layout. I would find something (public service announcements?) to place in the left hand column so it matches the right hand side for height. Too much white space wasted above the fold.and I didn't understand a single word!!!

Nice enough layout. I would find something (public service announcements?) to place in the left hand column so it matches the right hand side for height. Too much white space wasted above the fold.

and I didn't understand a single word!!!

1st work huh? very impresive. I do agree with JL though, you need both sides to match sizes. Also not to fond of light blue, since it is for a taxie service, yellow and black maybe? so maybe another exact page like that but in english, so you may switch between the two of them. Other than that, 9.5 on the ole Echo Meter

That's beyond a first time work. Beginner's luck I guess, but I wonder how that applies to HTML o.O Other than that love the style you're going for, but I wouldn't keep the header the way it is, make it a vectorized or a logo based header so it gets larger on bigger screens, and shrinks properly on other screens. I would also change up the sides like everyone else said, and try adding a little bit more, to make it look full. I don't really understand much, but try going for a theme, and a drop down menu and a couple of links also wouldn't help making it look more corporate, than a personal site. Try adding solid blocks, instead of rounded edges, and add some flash based parts, if you know Flash. For a first time rating, and on my scale its about a 9.2/10, high because you delivered what needed to be there.

I would have to agree that a lot of white space is on this site, even though it is a fixed layout you should be able add more to it. Although I don't know if it was place before after but the website is set up for translation and British English is being used as one of them, anyway. I think the tab layout looks find but that giant border does not maybe a 2-3px border with will be plenty for that. Also add a little AJAX for tab transitions , I check this website out and see what tab effect would suit your site best. Banner wise I think it could be a lot better, maybe lose the cars and keep the focus on the crown and the text with a gradient background to it or maybe have the city drop as is and then center the royal taxi and make it a bit large and then blend the edges into the city background.

It is a good effort but always room for improvement to a website.

Hello guys.
Recently I have finished my first web site :D . Please review it.
What do you like and what dont?
How can I make further improvements?

Dear friend sorry I am not able to understand the language used in it. But about the design its very stylish and colourful. I have tried the site in various browsers and in none of them it is having a problem in view. According to the name the looks goes with it very much. 

8 out if 10.There is a lot of space.. you might want to consider a more fluid layout if you have a small screen yourself and set fixed dimensions!Considering it is your first site..you've done pretty well mate.Good luck.

Guys, thanks for reviewing the site.

I didn't understand a single word!!!

There was link to english version of site through flag of Britain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and add some flash based parts, if you know Flash

Initially, I did not want to use any flash content, since Flash might not be installed on users computer and it will make site to weight heavy I think) maybe I am wrong

Also add a little AJAX for tab transitions

Also did not want to mix Javascript with HTML. Any idea how to make HTML-CSS based tabbed menu?
And one question else, how to make table class="rounded_box_cen" to fit parent table in height, I mean to fill whole hight of parent table?

Last question), I have drawn top banner in Corel Draw. Original picture was very colorfull-alive, however after exporting it into JPG format that "glow" disappeared. So my question is that how to export from Corel Draw without too much change in colors?

Your site is not bad, but you might would like to think about the white background color, you can probably add some image or you can add some darker color, to look more professional. That way it will give better impression. Also, try to fix the buttons, I suggest making ones on your own, so they can like 'grow', 'light' or something, you know what I mean. I don't know what the content is, because I can't understand it. I'll give you 7.6 out of ten. Good work.

I would have to agree that a lot of white space is on this site, even though it is a fixed layout you should be able add more to it. Although I don't know if it was place before after but the website is set up for translation and British English is being used as one of them, anyway. I think the tab layout looks find but that giant border does not maybe a 2-3px border with will be plenty for that. Also add a little AJAX for tab transitions , I check this website out and see what tab effect would suit your site best. Banner wise I think it could be a lot better, maybe lose the cars and keep the focus on the crown and the text with a gradient background to it or maybe have the city drop as is and then center the royal taxi and make it a bit large and then blend the edges into the city background.

It is a good effort but always room for improvement to a website.

I though practically the same thing: due to the design of tabs you gave to your website, it would be cool if you could add AJAX to the tabs. AJAX, if well used, makes everything look smoother. Remember if you are going to use it to tell the people to turn Javascript on, or all the whole page is going to be useless.

I don't think there are a lot much things I could say to make that page better, it looks real good the way as it is right now- very good one for a first try :D

Edited by Pankyy (see edit history)

That's really good.The colors and layout are reallynice.I really like how you made those tables with rounded corners.How did you do that?All the pages are of uniform style too,which is reallygood.I'm impressed.

Hello guys.
Recently I have finished my first web site :D . Please review it.
What do you like and what dont?
How can I make further improvements?

1.Well for sure for sure add more graphics, by the looks of it, the cars just look like a normal car you buy from the car shop.
2.try putting a picture of a taxi you own with your own logo if you need a good logo i work on adobe illustrator and photoshop if your interested.
3.More graphics add more color, more information for people to know how and what you do in your business,
4.i might suggest a few quotes from customers.
5. put if you use GPS that way u wont get lost when they telling your drivers for directions.
6. Good website different languages are clearly good
7.Hope my advice helps though.
Good job on your Royal Taxi
last but not least what are you prices how do you charge?
just a few questions of me looking at your website

Guys, thanks for reviewing the site.

There was link to english version of site through flag of Britain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Initially, I did not want to use any flash content, since Flash might not be installed on users computer and it will make site to weight heavy I think) maybe I am wrong

Also did not want to mix Javascript with HTML. Any idea how to make HTML-CSS based tabbed menu?

And one question else, how to make table class="rounded_box_cen" to fit parent table in height, I mean to fill whole hight of parent table?

Last question), I have drawn top banner in Corel Draw. Original picture was very colorfull-alive, however after exporting it into JPG format that "glow" disappeared. So my question is that how to export from Corel Draw without too much change in colors?

When you say HTML-CSS based tabbed menu you mean as if you were using AJAX or javascript? I think you can't, because at least you have to use javascript, and maybe AJAX if you want to load each page once again.

About the jpg format, try searching either if there are any size options, or change it to another format such as .bmp. I'm sorry about this one, I don't know corel draw too much. Also Im not sure if all browsers support .bmp (mine does).

Maybe you could put some flash on the website, Like a moving taxi, All site's have some flash to make it look some what fun and not boring.