xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bite

Is Anything Free In Life?

I have been to some free webhosting sites and discover they never deliver on their beautiful promises. Here I am working on string budget and wish to test drive my sites before considering paid hosting, unfortunately though my site at best functioned sub uptimaly cos most of the free hosting site had disabled what was required to make them work well. I hope and expect that my experience with Xisto will be difference. Whether this will be coma or full stop only time will tell.

The great thing about Xisto hosting is that you can build up your myCents earned by posting and put them towards paid hosting. If you earn enough you will not have to pay anything. For the basic plan this is very easy to do and you will have full features because it is the same packages as Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto paid hosting).

Some things in life are free but only if you discover them first or emotions are too...as far as website hosts go I am very hopefull about this one and now I just need to transfer in all my old files/database info to give it a test :). best of luck with your site and hopefully this site has all the scripts to allow it to run.

I have been to some free webhosting sites and discover they never deliver on their beautiful promises. Here I am working on string budget and wish to test drive my sites before considering paid hosting, unfortunately though my site at best functioned sub uptimaly cos most of the free hosting site had disabled what was required to make them work well. I hope and expect that my experience with Xisto will be difference. Whether this will be coma or full stop only time will tell.

Nothing is free in life. Even here at Xisto, you have to work by posting in the forums to get hosted. The good thing about Xisto is the posting here is actually fun, and not a hassel whatsoever. Unlike some other places, where it is hardwork just to find topics to respond to. But, to getting back to the general point that you are tryign to make, no there are not anythign free in life. I mean even the things that people claim are free, do have some kind of loops holes and such that make it not free afterall.

a lot of things are free in life:-love-happiness-sadness-friendship-Xisto hosting :) -hotmail-youtube -water (basically)-unhappiness-disappointment-depressiona lot of things on the net are free due to advertisements. advertisements rock don't they? heaps of things are free!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can tell you about my experiences here at Trap 17 are that they have all been good. I was warned by a lot of people to avoid free web hosting sites, but I am a stubborn old goat and was bound and determined to try anyway. So far I have been very pleased with web hosting here. Granted, keeping up posts is time consuming, but I have a little more time than money (I have no money) so it works well for me. The hosting service is fairly reliable, there has only been one major down time for several days, and that was a problem, but that can happen even at the best paid sites. I think if you give it a chance, you will be very happy here.

Well not to get to philosophical about whats free in life when it comes to hosting on Xisto we have almost every everything you could possibly need and if you need something in your hosting package that Xisto doesn't have just send in a support ticket or drop in a post about what you need. Maybe it will help if you elaborate in your post what your hosting package needs in order to better accommodate your hosting needs here on Xisto.

Well, why dont you think from both sides of the coin. A person will not want to do charity unless he has means of completely supporting himself first.If we do have to bear advertisements or even post in forums it is an exchange of services to a certain extent. We are getting benefitted by little or no effort and the third party is also getting some benefits due to the mutual exchange.:)So with respect to money, it is free, you are not paying for the advertisements or support systems are you?:)

a lot of things are free in life:
-love
-happiness
-sadness
-friendship
-Xisto hosting :)
-hotmail
-youtube
-water (basically)
-unhappiness
-disappointment
-depression

a lot of things on the net are free due to advertisements. advertisements rock don't they? heaps of things are free!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not agree. You have to work for friendship, happiness and love. Most things in life is due to your own actions or even someone elses, but still I doubt there is a lot of free things. They gave away free bisquits at shop at the mall, they were free. Xisto hosting is free when you think that you do not have to pay anything, but on the other hand you have to post posts at the forum and earn those lovely myCENTs. This year at school is not free for me as I have to pay books and other things, but all the other years have been pretty much free beside from lunch money or "matpakke", as well as money for minor trips.

Not much is free, especially not love, friendship and happiness. You have to work for it. If you do not work for it and do your best to have a good relationship with your family, friends and just life in general then it will just go strait the rubbish-can.

I do not agree. You have to work for friendship, happiness and love. Most things in life is due to your own actions or even someone elses

I do not agree with you about these. Work? what do you mean by work here. Actually joeblogg mentioned them as free because you don't have to pay anything to get those.
Even with your theory that we have to work to get love or friendship, do you guarentee that if you work you can get those? Not at all. Actions or reactions are different. Even though they may affect the relationship, they are limited. Do you have to work to get love and happiness from your parents? or Do your parents stop loving if your actions are unfriendly? Definitely not. Your parents love you, whatever you do. :) So, no work needed.

And coming to happiness...it depends on you. Its your attitude that shows the difference. That makes you happy or sad. Not any work. So its free....

I agree with you about friendship somewhat. If you are not friendly and not caring then your friends may not like you. You have to talk to them, enjoy with them, support them etc....But this has some limitations as well. Your character counts here. Even though if do all above but lack character...you'll fail. But if you have good character but don't do the above, still some people will like you(if not all). Finally work is secondary here also. :)

I fully agree with you about hosing at Xisto. We're not getting it free here. We're working hard to post and make myCents to buy hosting. Finally its not free.

So....my conclusion is there are free things in life that you can't buy with money. Just take this light..nothing offensive. :D
Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Nothing is free in life. Whether it is you benifiting from it or someone else is, someone had to work for it. Your parents. They gave you an allowance. You went to go buy something. Thats not free. Your parents had to pay for that by giving you your allowance. Your parent's suporvisor had to pay them to work. The boss had to pay the supervisor. The company suffers from loss and income. Not to mention the economy now.As for Xisto, it is the best hoster on the net. Thats a fact by me and more than 80k+ users on Xisto. You don't actually have to pay for the hosting. Just build up on MyCents, and you'll be fine.Oh, and, Welcome to Xisto my friend :)

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

There are some things free in life that you normally have to pay for. Take TLD (top level domains) for an example. You usually have to pay 9 dollars a year, but hear you can post for them. Oh, and don't forget gMail! lol I guess you don't have to pay for that. >_>