xisto Community
StefanScottAlexx

How To Cool Yourself Without Air Conditioning

i guess its so simple, actually when do you need to keep your body cool ?? in summer right ? Just take bath in cold water more than twice in summer, especially before you go to bed you need to do that, then your body is gonna be cool and you can easily avoid air conditioning. :):P

Hi -
If the weather's hot and sticky and you don't have any air-conditioning, check out these alternate ways to keep cool!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yeah I guess this is a simple way to keep yourself cool. But rather than use water, I have a fridge/Freezer that can make ICE so I will get the ice out of that then tip it down me, Then I will be frozen :)

In the summer, I simply go to my village and I am almost never indoors (which helps a lot) and when it's really hot outside my friends and I go to the river and bathe! The water is really cold so it chills you and leaves you that way for a relatively long time.

When we are lazy and can't go there, we eat a lot of icecream (bad for your throat, but meh) and we splash ourselves with plenty of water (it flows all the time so there is no loss of it). Not only we keep cool, but we have fun too! :D

And we can get diseases easily too :):P

Hi -
If the weather's hot and sticky and you don't have any air-conditioning, check out these alternate ways to keep cool!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Good and simple. If you have water, you could just pour it on your yo face :) That would be an option. Also, you could just try now to wear as much clothes and wear shorts and things that won't induce the heat that would surrond your body and such if you knwo what I mean. So there are so many alternatives. You could go to the store or spend the day somewhere cool if you cant afford or are trying to ssave money as well. But again, many alternatives to staying cool besides that air conditioner.

Another thing (that isn't mentioned in the article) is to keep the door to the room you're in open, and then open a couple of windows. It helps the breeze from the outside circulate so much better. It gets so hot in my room, but if I keep the door open (which I hate doing but I do for the sake of staying cool), then the breeze from the outside keeps my room bearably cool instead of sweltering. It's all about keeping the air circulating. ;)

Do not wear black, though i know alot of people loves it, research said that "black" absorbs the most heat among all the colors, which is why people who wore black shirts tend to get hot easily.

As I know a lot of people who wants to cool off usually wants a cold drink, a very cold drink and they think they will get cooler, maybe they'll do for a short time and after some time they will want to drink cold water again, in this way you can drink lots of water, but as I know it's better to drink hot water, for example tea, in a hot summer day drinking tea will cool you off as you will start sweating minimally and that will cool you off a bit for much longer time than drinking col Sprite which will only make you much more thirsty :(Of course on a hot summer day it's very great to go the sea, river or a lake to swim ;]Air conditioning a home sometimes may be evil, because you can start sniftering, it's the same as in hot summer day driving a car with air conditioning, it's easy to get a cold. So I usually drink tea to cool me off. :)

I've done that for a while now, a cold shower before bed on a hot night also fans are indispensable where i live, South Australia being one of the hottest places in the world (summer's are a little nasty if you spend too much time outside).

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

i have some, i used to live in the valley (120 degrees weather everyday) and my stepgma would get really annal about the AC BIll so i have some alternatives..1.Wet your face fully and stick it in the freezer, wait for 30 seconds. walk away.2.Pool. get yourself wet, water, water, water, take a shower (cold shower) and make sure you arent doing any hard work after the shower, such as running etc. dont be stupid/3.Buy Ice Cream and popcycles (dont buy the ones that have milk, make sure they are water based, because they are easier to swallow, thus more refreshing)4.Strip, strip strip, the less clothes the better you will be off!5.Wet your face, and get a piece of paper and blow air into your face6.Worst case scenerio, get an AC hahaha

well, summer is upon us and this is a good discussion to bring back up. i did one of three things in the summer to stay cool. since the head generates the most heat, it's best to concentrate on cooling the head. i liked to turn on the shower and just soak my head with cold water. if i was lazy, i would kneel by the pool and soak my head. very refreshing! one way that nobody usually mentions is to put a shirt in the freezer. i am a guy so it's easy to take on and off my shirts. :)i don't really recomend taking full showers multiple times a day only because i hate wasting water but it DOES help!don't eat foods with a lot of salt or other foods that would make you thirsty. it will just make you that much more miserable. drink a lot of ice cold water or you favorite ice cold drink. keep your body hydrated. i like to put orange juice in the freezer and let it become a slushy.combine everything above, and you will definately stay cooler for the summer! :)

hmm many interesting ways, i will add some ways too : 1. first feed your garden with enough water and then dig a big hole in it and get into it, you will get very cool but be aware of peoples getting passed by because maybe someone pour some dust on you and bury you. 2. make an ice bathtub using cold water and some ice and get in it, don't make it very cold or it may cause some serious problems for you.3. if you open your windows then sunlight will cause your room getting warmer so use some awings above your windows to protecting your room from direct sunlight which will cause your home getting a lot cooler.these are what i can suggest right now but when the summers come i can not live without air conditioner :D .

The easiest solution is to probably strip down to the bare essentials but that can be a tad inconvenient if you have guests around :P I have an unusually hot room so I usually leave the windows open from sunset to early dawn(even before the first sun rise), once the noon sun has gone off I find it safe to leave the windows open. The house that I currently live in has this comfortable 5 foot counter attached to my window which is probably 4 feet tall so I usually keep a long plastic tub on the counter and soak with my dog or cat, sure it attracts the attention of a neighbor now and then :lol:My older dog will sit in the tub with me only and only if I give her a Popsicle :D We even have this picture of the two of us in bathing suits (Mother decided to make Delphi wear my old bathing suit) with our Popsicles :) My location allows for me to have the tub all year round and we make sure to use the same water for the garden since water wastage is something I do not like.