xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online [resolved] Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

Thanks bittr, I have some similar doubts. You saved me from lot of typing. :)

I have another question.

Does this means, if I register an account at Xisto forums with the same email address I registered here, and started posting at Xisto forums, the amount will be added to my Xisto - Support account? Does this means, I can be active at the two forums simultaneously?

Anyway, very interesting additions with the version 3 of credit system. I am very happy.

From the looks of it yes, but odds are if caught cheating the system by double posting your money making post expect both accounts to be terminated in someway or start losing money. Of course, I haven't seen the credit system been added to Xisto, but the forums there are in need of a forum upgrade to 2.3 or whatever version is being used right now on trap in order to prevent any errors from happening.

Thanks for trying to clear up my questions, SM.

As for this part I quoted from your post, I think the credits will disappear totally, and we'll have cents for hosting days too.

At least, this is what I get from Opaque's words: "unlike credits, which used to represent 1 day of hosting"

Well unlike the hosting that go through the 1 credit per day loss, your cents count will be reset to zero once you make a dollar and that dollar will be transferred over to the other account.

Very nice system! I've got it all down now, thanks to Saint, however there does seem to be a minor issue.

More or less when it first started it transferred the initial amount to Xisto's account, but left the CENTS in the forum account as well(Which was almost 600) so it ended up ignoring my later posts last night(It's now zero'd but nothing else got transferred).

Aside from that, all is good and again, you guys are awesome!

Edit : Actually, looking at other accounts as well of people who post here all the time, it seems everyone is stuck at zero...Is this normal?

Yeah I notice that as well and most of my posts today should be counting the cents and it has been about 11 hours since I started posting on the new system and no changes yet. So I would assume that it is turn off at the moment, which I doubt or its going to take a few days for the script to fully kick in.

Been looking the system over for a good 15-30 minutes, looks pretty beast.

One question tho, what the conversion rate from Xisto day/points to myCENTS?

Maybe someone put it in here but I don't see it. And I'm waiting for my account

to link to figure it out.

Edit: And yes, I win the retardation badge, I missed that explanation of cents by SM xD

it happens to the best of us, and most of my posts about this so far are between what i was told what it was about and then trying to fill in the blanks from there.

Wait so CENTs and credits are completely separate - credits are used to remain hosted and the real money is used for real purchases and not deducted daily?Doesn't that mean you can buy Xisto credits with the CENTs to effectively double the credits you make per post? Also, does this new system mean we can purchase domains without having to store up 250 credits?I'm so questioning today :)

That's my understanding....So far, unless there's some missing information.Wondering when our CENTS will be updated though. So far there haven't been any updates since early last night, :)Any input from a mod or higher would be appreciated regarding it.

Wait so CENTs and credits are completely separate - credits are used to remain hosted and the real money is used for real purchases and not deducted daily?

No. We are no longer referring it as hosting credits. Instead, as you contribute to our forum you gain CENTs. Yes, I know I think it should be CENTS rather than CENT. Anyway, as you contribute you collect CENT and when you reach 100 CENT, your forum will show as ZERO and the credit gets DEPOSIT to your BILLING account. You can see the updated balance in 4-5 hours under ACCOUNT CREDIT BALANCE.

Doesn't that mean you can buy Xisto credits with the CENTs to effectively double the credits you make per post? Also, does this new system mean we can purchase domains without having to store up 250 credits?

You don't have to buy anything. The conversion and deposit is performed all automatically. There's no need for admin's approval for newbies for hosting request. As long as required balance is gained anyone can activate a free web hosting. To purchase "hosting credits" as you put it, all you need to do is deposit money from your PayPal or other Xisto - Web Hosting payment types.
As for the real conversion factor in "how much of posts/words equals how many CENT" is OpaQue's own calculation. Please do not ask for this value. All you need to understand is quality post would bring higher CENT than one-liner.

I'm so questioning today :P

Yes, and this board is here to answer as best as we can :)

No. We are no longer referring it as hosting credits. Instead, as you contribute to our forum you gain CENTs. Yes, I know I think it should be CENTS rather than CENT. Anyway, as you contribute you collect CENT and when you reach 100 CENT, your forum will show as ZERO and the credit gets DEPOSIT to your BILLING account. You can see the updated balance in 4-5 hours under ACCOUNT CREDIT BALANCE.

Okay, just to confirm, this means that we will be earning the CENTs instead of hosting credits. So more or less we will not obtain our credits *and* cents, but it will just be the cents, which we will start using to 'purchase' our hosting, instead of our credits we currently use?

(Meaning, you are planning on doing away with the hosting credits - 1/day requirement - altogether once this is completely finished?)

Or will we still be able to use our hosting credits and bank the CENTs on top of that? I'm not quite understanding how it all is going to work now.

It might be me I am not to sure, but I have to receive any cents or anything, I know I been getting my hosting credits and what not but not any cents, anyone else have that problem yet after registering?

Hosting credit mod is still infused with the current forum. So you will still see hosting credits accumulating on your index page. When we upgrade forum to next version, OpaQue will not be implementing the current (now old) hosting credit IP.Board mod and you will no longer see the hosting credit numbers.It is still unclear how OpaQue wants to perform, but for those who have not signed up with the Billing, you are seeing myCENT values, i.e. current rpgsearcherz's myCENT is 69.22If you have signed up with the Billing, your CENTs have been transferred. I see my credit balance being updated as scheduled. We are still working out the details on how we are going to approach purchasing plans. But here is a brief introduction:1) a member posts and stays active in Xisto forum2) contributing in the forum earns myCENT3) myCENT is converted to Account Credit Balance4) a member then purchases Xisto - Web Hosting hosting plan with Account Credit Balance for free web hosting5) a member can purchase any hosting plan, such as PLAN 3S, $33.33 a year. (A special lower price might be available for first time buyer, because to earn $33 might be too long)6) there after, a member will renew his/her hosting with said $33.33 Account Credit7) Account Credit Balance may or may not decrease as Hosting Credits have in the past. Again, we're still working out the acceptable terms how we're going to approach this.8) with leftover Account Credit Balance, a member can purchase other "paid" services from Xisto - Web Hosting, without spending a single penny from a member's wallet.9) when a moderator moderates this member's post, it will reflect directly on this member's Account Credit Balance. This is not negotiable.

So what your saying is that with the myCENT feature, hosting won't be auto-renewed?In my mind, your saying that the hosting on Xisto will be converted into actual packageson Xisto, so we'll all be having paid packages instead of the free one. At least thats justthe way it sounds to me. But I got my initial payment linked on Xisto - Web Hosting and itseems like its a pretty sweet payment rate. I think it will definitely make me think aboutmore tutorials and such xDOh and I almost forgot, under Misc, it says you can order Xisto credits, but when I clickon it, it says this package requires a domain name, so I'm wondering if thats just a glitch or what o.O

Edited by iXeta (see edit history)

So what your saying is that with the myCENT feature, hosting won't be auto-renewed?

Again, we are working out the terms how Xisto free web hosting would be under the new billing system. We can have it auto-renew as long as the Account Credit Balance is sufficient, etc.

In my mind, your saying that the hosting on Xisto will be converted into actual packageson Xisto, so we'll all be having paid packages instead of the free one. At least thats just
the way it sounds to me.

Xisto free web hosting, no ads always has been a part of packages of Xisto--just a free one. But with the new Credit System, members of Xisto and Xisto are better supported since Xisto - Support can fully understand Xisto members' issues. This merge, so to speak, is to improve MEMBER <--> SUPPORT relations. And to improve the current situation is to improve the response time. In the past, I or OpaQue had real "knowledge" of the Xisto hosting situation. Other support staffs really supported paid servers and Xisto - Web Hosting--not Xisto. Velma came along and started to bridge supports between Xisto - Web Hosting customer service and Xisto/Xisto. Hence the formation of Xisto - Support. So really, OpaQue is just completing the circle he initially conceived regarding Xisto. And he is placing Xisto under the billing but a free one.

This will also speed up the process of activating new free web hosting accounts. Instead of waiting for admin's approval new members can self-serve by accumulating necessary Account Credits. That's it. No hosting request, no screening and no approvals. All are equal as long as quality posts are contributed.

Oh and I almost forgot, under Misc, it says you can order Xisto credits, but when I clickon it, it says this package requires a domain name, so I'm wondering if thats just a glitch or what o.O

A domain name or a sub-domain name, it should read. I'll talk to OpaQue about this. Good catch. :)

It takes a while for it to update. And checking my status, i just noticed that mine updated; however, as of this post my CENTs are in the negatives. To post a question concerning this, is there anything for me to be worrying about if my CENTs are in the negatives? And how did it end up in the negatives?

Wow, that's a weird one,lol...I haven't seen anyone else's in negatives yet.I'm going to guess that maybe it accidentally over-transferred the wrong amount of cents and maybe it will straighten itself out.