xisto Community
Mike90014

000webhost Review Review of the hosting

i just signed up for it. i agree it isn't that good but a lot of other web hosting sites like don't even work and they can't email to hotmail and yahoo and stuff. at least 000webhost is reliable. it may be bad but it works lol.and now it even can register.rubbish it is.

Personally I think that 000webhost is one of the best option out there. I can say that I have a considerable amount of experience with their hosting. Firstly to start with their words. Yes it's really annoying as Sky said because they promise CPanel but in exchange you get their panel which I dare to say that isn't that creepy but still it doesnt compare with CPanel. They dont put adds banners or anything else on you websites so this is nice from them. Now, this host is good for a nice cozy blog, a personal website that doesn't get high audience because I have to say that they oversell. They are lying about the amount of bandwith that they give. Come one 100GB. Even now thats somewhere paid hosts give. After about 5GB of bandwith consumed your website starts to get slower and slower till wont work. This is a big minus. The amount of hard disk is ok in my opinion, it tends to be good. Not to say another problem is their MySQL servers which from time to time Idle and if you own blog, forum, CMS website that depends on MySQL databases your website will be broken. This annoying problem is encountered lesser lately.Also another problem they have is the overcharging of the FTP access which also lately is encountered lesser. Overall it's a good hosting, possibly the best in their class. It clearly wont compete with Trap but it might be number one against the other ones. That would be all that I have to say from my experience I had with 000webhost.Cheers!

I had a site hosted on 000webhot. It is good for a small to medium website but there are some issues with them.1. No cpanel... they give their own control panel (Not too bad)2. After using 7-8 GIG of your BW, your site gets really slow.3. A lot of SQL down time

Well i was a free host member for the last 12 weeks and they have good uptime but .....
your not allowed to host any kind of Movie / pc app download service or have vbulletin installed overall there a good host

band width = 100gb which is alright but customer service is rubbish and they do site inspections every two weeks which i think is wrong they close your site for 24 hrs with no warning

Hello Mike,

I totally Disagree with you on most of the points you made.
000Webhost used to be the host of my site (itneed.net). There uptime was totally crap! & The kept restarting the SQL servers every 4 hours every single day.
This became very annoying for me so I went to Xisto & Xisto and they are brillient.

your not allowed to host any kind of Movie / pc app download service or have vbulletin installed overall there a good host

You are not allowed to host Warez/Torrents on most host's only about 10 in the world let you host Warez & Torrents and they are very expensive prices. Also with vBulletin I knpw you are not allowed to install it I am not sure why I think this is the only host I have come across where you are not allowed to have vBulletin Software installed on your website.
My conclusion -
Overall I think 000webhost totally suck and they need to get improvements done fast. I have got my friend to do some research on them and most of the members signed up there for hosting are people who need a host for a phishing page so they really must suck.

Well thats me done :lol:

Notice from galexcd:
No need to sign your post off with your name

My first and best webhost is Xisto :lol: That said, I've read the experiences of many users who've used other web hosts, including 000. The response to this has been mixed but mostly negative. I don't want to make any wild guesses without using the service, but the general talk is that they're not so great. So i'd steer clear of such sites...

000webhost is a bogus company, they don't send you a email confirmation and don't answer tickets at their help desk. I had to use another email just to contact them. They don't activate your account, their customer support is outrageous I would not suggest this free web host. Good from far, far from good. Stay clear!

-reply by Phantom01

my current website is hosting on 000webhost.com. Its control pannel area is good but service is not that good you know its free so....we can expect these kind of problem. sometimes server is busy and sometimes database query fails......That why I want to host my website to Xisto.com as I have gone through very amazing reviews about Xisto service...

000webhost horrible service! do not sign up000webhost Review

HORRIBLE customer service!! 000webhost had deleted my account without prior notice! files werent backed up.. All this time and money spent on building the website were for nothing!! Couldnt get a hold of a live person!!.They say there is no sign for an account or website hosted on their server.. But they have been hosting is for 2 months. I plan on advocating my experience with them ANYWHERE online.. Blogs.. Social media.. Internet sites..! Please do not sign for account if you want your info secure! 

-reply by ally

AHA I'm glad you made this thread!!!!!!!
My website is on 000webhost
It's an Invision Power Board forum and they don't allow it.
That's why I just joined Xisto because they shut down my account. fortunately it's back up because I requested they re-activate it until I can move it.
also my review on their service.
the features are very nice. the BW and web space is OK but you have to be careful what scripts you host or they suspend your account. with no explanation what so ever
but their server stability is bad. sometimes I have to refresh 2-3 times before it loads
they also have poor customer service

-----------

000webhost horrible service! do not sign up000webhost Review

HORRIBLE customer service!! 000webhost had deleted my account without prior notice! files werent backed up.. All this time and money spent on building the website were for nothing!! Couldnt get a hold of a live person!!.They say there is no sign for an account or website hosted on their server.. But they have been hosting is for 2 months. I plan on advocating my experience with them ANYWHERE online.. Blogs.. Social media.. Internet sites..! Please do not sign for account if you want your info secure!
-reply by ally

ROFL I saw that comment before. someone posted that on the 000webhost forum.
Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

I used to host my site on that site. I liked it at first but every day, it will do some downtime and they said it'll take like 2-4 hours but it stayed like that for like 1 day. I tried 110mb.com but I don't really like that.Then I finally found Xisto, I think it'll be the best because it will have ads free.000webhost also deleted my account because I had a chatbox in my site and they don't allow chatbox. They also don't allow clan script too so I give up on that host. The upload also takes long for it to be uploaded.

I was not aware of that 000webhosts deletes accounts with chat scripts and clan scripts. Perhaps it's too much of restriction. Or maybe they're deleting accounts which are using null scripts ? Did you used NULL scripts on your account ?

yea 000's are good hosters and also they give a nice uptimebut they are also down in a month but its a rare case one can trust em and also i think they are not that cheap but as compared to other host services and also there presentation is a kind of back age ....i am not sure about you all but i think its should be in the last rank in presentation but in top10 in services and also in support but the best are mediatemple.com and justhost.com

They have good uptime but just that they randomly do downtime for more than 4 hours and it gets my members mad. So I had to find a new host which lead me to here. And I didn't had much of clan scripts in my site. They just caught one script and bam, account has been suspended. Same with chatbox which gets annoying.

I applied for an account at 000webhost earlier this year. They asked me to download an executable file from their control panel. They say it is for some DNS verification (I don't remember exactly). I downloaded the file but as I was suspicious about the necessity of such an exe file for free hosting, I scanned it using various online anti virus programs. The results was terrific, the file contained a Trojan... So that was all for me... simply deleted all their emails and the file I downloaded. To be sure, I added their domain to my hosts file pointing to local host so that I don't want to go there even by accident...