xisto Community
Mike90014

000webhost Review Review of the hosting

DO NOT USE 000WEBHOST EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!yesterday they deleted my websites..... all of them..... AND I DIDN'T HAVE A BACKUP omg i am so pissed I feel like getting my buddies together and hacking them!I went through a battle with their ticket system with them giving me smartass remarks ... not professional at allI ended up getting banned from their servers (good luck banning a dynamic IP address?)only good thing is I did get a backup of my most important website about a week ago but still... that's a week of lost work... such bsthey also asked me many times to upgrade my account saying that would be the only way they would allow me to get a backup of my fileseven tho I don't have my top level domain on here yet I say LONG LIVE Xisto!!!

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

That happens with most of the services. But rest assured that there is nothing wrong with them. They want to do business and they made some policies which most of the free hosting services are following. Most of the free hosting services are using such policies of not taking backup as they can't afford it. Also they deal with many accounts which use NULL scripts. So need to watch that as well. But in case of trap and asta. they're paid hosting sites in different way. We are paying in terms of content. But 000webhost have very limited resources for generating revenue. and they can use forums to generate revenue but not using it. So i can say that this is acceptable after looking at the situation free services are going to through in recession time. Just stay in there. Soon services like zymic, 000webhost will take flight or simply die. Who knows ?

Most of the free hosting services are using such policies of not taking backup as they can't afford it.

well actually they do have a backup system that saves .GZ files but they suspended the domain which disabled the cpannel so i couldn't get a backup... I asked them to give me 15 minutes to get the backup and they wouldn't do it.... yea their a great host.....

well actually they do have a backup system that saves .GZ files but they suspended the domain which disabled the cpannel so i couldn't get a backup... I asked them to give me 15 minutes to get the backup and they wouldn't do it.... yea their a great host.....

I was unaware of this. I think most of free hosts don't offer it at first place. like blogger don't have any backups and other than that zymic only claims for backup but don't give it to users. also x10hosting says the same and don't give it. I don't know how they keep data alive in server downtime and data loss situation.

I really hate 000webhost, they are one oft he slowest free hosts around, but somehow they are the biggest, it seems quite weird how no one likes them but everyone uses their services, probably because they havent seen Xisto yet :)

I registered thrice at 000webhost and not once did they activate my account. I even created 5 support tickets over the duration of last 6 months, not once did they reply. This free hosting sucks!

After you typed this it made sure that i'm not alone in this. This happen to me as well. As i wanted to host one directory with them, i tried to sign up and no success still account pending. I found gofreeserve and novahost responding asap in such cases. Also support of those two are good in comparison to 000webhost.

I don't remember getting a pop up saying I have to download something. It might be a advertising trying to scam you thinking 000webhost needed you to download. Never download anything from free webhost or whatever because they will never give download (That I know for a fact) but lucky you scanned the file before opening it.

I've tried 000webhost for 2 month before i decided that it IS the slowest one on the network. Not only they make my site looks a lot like some species of tiny snails (i only use about half of the page, yet it's still laggy like hell), but they also make registration page on my site seems to be rather difficult -and failed-.I don't know why i even registered there before, maybe it was because those space and bandwidth they offered. But then i realized that i won't have any need of those 'huge' space if i cannot even make my site looks good without any lag and errors, lol :)

000webhost looked like a decent hosting provider before you sign up. But after I started using them I immediately noticed the slow speed of their servers. I uploaded the modx content management system which is only 12mb it took about an hour to upload. After setting up the sql server and running the modx install script i was presented with various sql errors that seem to complain about too much mutliple sql queries being sent at once,

thanks to the sql server limitations half of the modx back end wouldn't work properly and you were forced to an other page of them after running certain scripts like logging into your back end, and can only return with the browser back button. After reading some reviews about them in Google i realized that they sucked as much for other people too.

Basically if your website needs a sql server it's not going to work well with them. Don't waste your time with 000webhost!!!!

It is a pity for themselfs they could probably make allot of money if they run a better ship. Who in their right mind would want to host with them if their free hosting sucks so much?

I've had 000webhost for 2 years. I can't get any work done now... Server is always too busy and times out when I ftp or try and hit a page... lame

the only problam i can think of is the customer service;. if you know what you are doing you will be set.i got as free account.i am happy with 000webhost.i use filezillai user the MYSQL Databaseand i use the emailI have been using the list above for about two years now and i have not had a single problem with it beeing slow or any other thingswhat i have done is set http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ as my home page and i have only had one connection errorabout the space you are given. if you use other file hosts like rapadshere (i forgot the name) you can like them, you can link youtube videos if you dident allredy know that.i have only used under 1mb.sorry for my englishs and i hope this helps people with whatever host you use.

I have used 000webhost till now. It seemed good in first month. Than sometimes started some pauses in mailing.If I asked technical support they always apologized and recommended me to upgrade my account. And unfortunately it was happened more and more often. Last week the pause took more than 2 days and again the force recommendation is for upgrading and apology is for technical problem.That was the last straw that broke the camel's back. If it is a characteristic of their service, it is not good. If it is the habit of their marketing (force to upgrade) it is more worse.Don't waste your time! At last you will go away or pay. And you can find better hosting with pay plans.Not good job!

Hi, i want to warn you about this site. Don't listen that they are great and the best solution for free host, because they are NOT. This is a 'place of rats', and they lie you at every step. I will show you my personal problem i got with them some time ago.
some time ago, i wanted to test a joomla webpage, so i found that site... it seemed great, it was a very very bad idea. I read TOS, and i didn't break them, neither i did something bad on my page, just testing joomla. One day i saw my page closed for abuse (Too much MySQL tables), so i put a ticket to 000webhost. They told me to read TOS because i broke them, i read them and i reasked about why, and what number was the maximun MySQL tables (for redoing my page again witouth breaking the max). The second reply of them was the same... read TOS. I got.. a bit angry because i didn't have an answer for loosing all my work. In both answers the told me that my page was deleted and not backup for them.
I got tired of listening the same again and again so i re-open a ticket asking again a reason and not to read the TOS. (http://imageshack.com/f/mu0001zcp) They told me to read TOS (3rd time..). I was nearly to explode.. so i answered them for a reason about my page shut down. I did it, saying that my tickets were not being read by them and that they posted fo posting and not for help. The staff guy said in a non-proper way that he wasn't going to argue about that, and if i wanted something i did have to get premium and that my web would be restored if i did ( They told me in 2 tickets that no, and then yes.. no yes.. OMG). I didn't belived that... i got nearly mad about how bad this people are... so i told them a lie. I told them that i was interested in premium host but that first i would have to test the ''free service'' to know if 000 was a nice host and my closed was closed for MySQL tables. After this one, (http://imageshack.com/f/b50002ovp) they answered me when they saw my interest in paying.
So... i would tell you, everyone, that 000webhost is unfair, they just want your money and they won't help you if you are free. They will delete your account if they want. So i recomend other servers, free too.. like byethost or others.
thx, and sorry for my bad english.

it seemed great, it was a very very bad idea. I read TOS, and i didn't break them, neither i did something bad on my page, just testing joomla. One day i saw my page closed for abuse (Too much MySQL tables)

This happened to me too! I really thought their service was good since I didn't encounter problems three weeks after I signed up to this web host. My website was almost done... just a few tweaks and then I'm ready to spread my website's link. Then just like you, one morning I checked my website, my browser said "Oops! Cannot find (website address here)". I refreshed it for like 5 times but still no good. So I checked my account at 000webhost then they gave me the reason "Closed for abuse (Too much MySQL tables)". Then beside it says "Read TOS". I read the TOS multiple times thinking that I might have missed the part saying that there's a limit in MySQL tables. Then I gave up... it's not in there. <_< Because of that, I didn't continue building my website as I didn't had a chance to back-up all of the files.

After that incident, I've searched if there are also some accounts that have been suspended without notice or if it's just my account. But then, I found out that I'm not alone. So, I don't trust this web host anymore.