xisto Community
Mike90014

000webhost Review Review of the hosting

I tried today to upload my website, under public_html, hence when I tried to access the front page it prompt to a php file error under include directory.The front page works well with another hosting service.I guess this service has to be improved.

000webhost sucks000webhost Review

I use 000webhost but I wasn't ready to promote my site yet. My experience is that their server was down for a lot of hours. I wake up in the morning to see if my I can open the website already and I was happy that its there but after awhile they have my "website under review" display on my website like an ads for 2 days. I got tired and transfer to hosting. I didn't know that they do that every 2 weeks because I cancelled my account already. 

I got scared, I was thinking if there are other delays/ hassles in the future before I promote the site. I got scared to upgrade because of the kind of service Ive experienced

Yes, they close your site without a warning. It was unexpected and so you r not going to even have a chance to tell your visitors about it. They don't want you to post a thread about website under review. I also have problems when using FTP programs with them. I didn't use their affiliate program, thank you for sharing. 

Alot of users try to wait patiently but its too much.

-reply by ashko

i tried this host first but i was very disappointed. recently i found out about the scam and closed all my sites (and backed up everything). now if i wanna create another sub domain it keeps generating an error

at first i had thought 000webhost was great but soon after I started to dislike them because everytime you take out a support ticket they never helped you and they told you to upgrade your accountand then one day i try to log in to their cpanel and it says my account is banned. they dont give a reson for banning your account an di am 100% sure i never broke the rules!!Never ever use 000webhost!

Agreed.

I hosted a good forum their and the next minute I found out my account was banned for no reason.

They said to me to upgrade my account before they unbanned it.

All I care is they can shove there packages up their *Beep*.

Its not like it was before.

Official Statement from 000webhost:

After we received your ticket we forward it to Management. On behalf of the Management they have now told us that we can not tell you why your account was banned untill you upgrade. Your site may well be terminated within the next 24 hours.

We can apologize to you now for changing your bandwith and space around every 2 hours, This was a mistake.

If you would like to contact us please email me directly with this email address ((Email address Removed))

Edited by Dark Archer (see edit history)

Well i was a free host member for the last 12 weeks and they have good uptime but .....
your not allowed to host any kind of Movie / pc app download service or have vbulletin installed overall there a good host

band width = 100gb which is alright but customer service is rubbish and they do site inspections every two weeks which i think is wrong they close your site for 24 hrs with no warning

Strongly Agreed, This web service is rubbish, With there damn SQL restarts (They say this is because they have so many members) But then I know other host's that have loads of members and don't do damn SQL restarts every 2hours!

I will never use them again now I am signed up on Xisto hosting!

000webhost=horrible000webhost Review

Worst host EVER! Said they were reviewing my site for malicious or phishing content and that it would take 2-4 hours to complete.  Sent a scathing email after 5 hours asking the status, never heard anything, created a ticket, never heard anything, tried to log on the next day and my site (all my work) was gone, couldn't log in, deleted my whole account.  Had to send a comment to them with a different email because it stated I needed to log in with my account with them...Kinda' hard to do when they've deleted my account.  Still have had NONE of my requests for information replied to.  Site just disappeared overnight after I complained, fantastico never worked. Horrible, horrible, horrible!  RUN THE OPPOSITE OF WHEREVER 000WEBHOST IS, don't even get their free site if you're going to put ANY work into it, it'll be deleted!  Moved to hostgator.Com and have been happy ever since.

At first I find that their hosting was good ,but then i found out the truthIts customer service is useless. And they do not allow to download some of the most popular software which I find very annoying. And they sometimes close my site for nothing without warning but they have good uptime.

Stay well clear of 000webhost. My initial thoughts when signing up was that it was brilliant but that didn't last very long at all, the SQL database would go down every hour for up to 5 mins which wasn't very good for my forum. I never got banned but I did try upgrading to their sister company hosting24 well that wasn't very good either the support knew nothing and could hardly set up the account properly.I suggest if you want hosting get it from here it will save you a lot of hassle.

Although 000webhost provides a lot of features including 1500 MB disk space and 100 GB bandwidth but,still it is not a good host. Well I am saying this because I tried to join them three times using my two gmail idsand one yahoo id but never succeeded. Each time when I try to login in their members area they say our administrator will setup this account within 24 hours and I signed up there about two weeks ago.So now you can imagine what kind of webhost it is.

Although 000webhost provides a lot of features including 1500 MB disk space and 100 GB bandwidth but,still it is not a good host. Well I am saying this because I tried to join them three times using my two gmail ids
and one yahoo id but never succeeded.
Each time when I try to login in their members area they say our administrator will set
up this account within 24 hours and I signed up there about two weeks ago.
So now you can imagine what kind of webhost it is.

I tried to register 000webhost for testing, but I found I am unable to complete its IP activation even I have tried different PCs.
I managed to complete its registration via a web proxy.

Each time I logged in 000, she just says "your account will be activated within 24 hours", but I have waited for at least 7 times of 24 hours. (Yeah, activate by their admin, not mine)

Therefore I gave up this web hosting service.

There is an issue with their account activation. I don't know why they're using that IP activation, maybe SPAM bot registration issue [?]. But still there are plenty of hosts out there using CAPTCHA or re-CPATCHA at registration. we never had problem with them. Especially like this one. They let us register and after that want us to wait for 24 hours. We can understand it is free, but they need to understand it has lot of limitation. Only thing they're giving away is 1500MB space and BW. Which almost every free host offers these days. and that too without registration hassles.

and in case if you noticed, they have mysql free quota of 2 only. This gets tough if you're into installation of multiple blogs or want to build site that uses more than 2 databases. Rare with most of the audience but still it is limitation. Also No Cpanel ? that's hard for us then. and they've autoinstaller script limitation of 10 scripts. again no mention of scripts if they're including widely used scripts or kept scripts which they feel safe for free users. These answers one can get only after approval from admins. Now it's you choice to continue or to back from their hosting.

In between, Weebly and freeverse offer free hosting. You can take a look at those services.

Well, I guess 000Webhost is good in a way, however I don't like their advertisement saying "FREE cPanel". More like Free of their OWN control panel. And that you have to pay for the cPanel X 11 plan. That just sucks. But they do ovver like 10 GB of space and 100 GB I think it is of bandwidth. I've earned some dollars from their Affiliates program too, so that wasn't a scam. (I thought it would be since many of these are just fake). But it turns out it's proper. ;)