xisto Community
Kubi

Speedtest - How Fast Do You Think Your Network Is ISP Battle Royal

So..This is the speed in Romania. This ISP Ilink Telecom is the best. Sabin Piso is the manager and his isp offers 100 Mbps for about 30 eur/month.

Posted Image

-reply by gibs

Local (metropolitan) results:

Posted Image

I'm paying for a 3Mbps connection so, by these results, I'm getting my money's worth.

I had no idea that my upload speed is twice as big as my download speed. That doesn't even make sense. Wouldn't it be better if it were the other way around?

Test results for the other side of the globe:

Posted Image

It seems I should be able to download faster from the US than from Bucharest. Confusing, no?

Just for laughs I'll post (tomorrow, I guess) the speed test results for my workplace.

\

With a 7 mb upload ... You could run a small community website over ur computers.... You could control it sitting at your

house.... You could share files or use your computer as a file server....

Well, here are my results:

It's the speed in my country region:

Posted Image

It's the speed to different country, to London server:

Posted Image

And it's the speed to outside the ocean, to USA, to Washington DC server:

Posted Image

I would post my speed test but it would just depress me more than it already does.The fastest Internet due to where I live is around 1.5 MB down and 512 kb/s up or so. Not able to get cable, dsl, fiber optics, FiOS, or anything else. I'm only able to get a WiFi connection.

Well, after seeing your speedtest results, my broadband connection speed doesn't stand up in front of your high speed net connections, but, I am still happy with my broadband connection, and when high speed internet connections will become cheaper in my country "India" also, hopefully I will also be able to get one high speed broadband connection like you guys.

But, still here is my broadband speedtest results

Posted Image

These are the test results that I got from my computer that's on the network at my university.

Posted Image

I had run the test again at my house earlier and the numbers were close to double the values shown above.

We can all say "Oh my ISP is the fastest", but lets let Speedtest prove that, shall we?

Simple go to Speedtest.net and click a location to link to. Best to do the recommended server(Yellow Pyramid). Wait a few seconds while it tests your connect upload/download speeds. And you should come up with a result like this;

Posted Image

Lets see who can beat THAT! :).

Yahh dude it's seems like little bit slow now in my Broadband connection provided by Aiertel you can see it here..

Posted Image

I dont want to go more higher because I'm totally satisfied with this speed..! :):)

Best of luck..!

Posted Image

Now I'm curious as to how fast the people above me are conceptually. As in: *click*.."Oh My God, It's already loaded."

Well, here are my results:

at a server in my country (Lithuania):

Posted Image

at a server in Europe (Berlin):

Posted Image

at a server in USA (Baltimore):

Posted Image

As a lot of websites I am interested are stored in USA data centers, this is the speed I usually browse, but sites and etc. which are stored closer to my country, like Europe, the speed is quite good and if sharing something in my country, it's really fast :)

I only pay 20$ USD a month for the connection, even though, by what they tell me, I suppose to have more speed :)