xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Huh, I think this the most touchy subject you can ever bring up. Especially when you put yourself in a position when you must decide about having or not having abortion.Serendib explained and presented us experience from a situation where she/or he witnessed the actuall process of abortion. I must say I still have picture in my head imaging how this X-ray picture may looked like, and I am not pleased with my thoughts, and it hurts.From other point of view someones in here mentioned that woman should pay for her sins :P . People, this if this is problem of a couple, then they should put their heads together and think over what can they do. I will not moralise or give some catholic preaches to anyone. Lot of issues have to be taken in an account here, like if this is actually a happy couple, if there was a rape involved, if child will be healthy - well here I can't be sure that humans are in a position of deciding if this person may live, cause it is totaly contradictory in my point of view, mostly cause this child may be an artist or a mathematician and so, if it is a loving couple this shouldn't be a barrier for them.So for epilog I will say that this must be regulated by state laws only.

I think abortion should be seen as a last resort option rather than a solution to every unwanted pregnancy. I think more work should be done on the prevention of unwanted pregnancies like educating teenagers about the consequences their actions, as they might not be aware of all the facts. However, I do agree with abortion for medical reasons, for example, if their was a risk to the mother's life from continuing the pregnancy.

I think that abortion is unwarranted almost all of the time. The only time it should be warranted is if the child is born of a rape victim (but even then, one should deliver the baby and let someone adopt the baby). I know that I will never know the suffering of child birth and what the mother has to go through, but I still think that a child should be given a chance to live. Now, if you're a mother and you just abort the baby because you don't want it, that is being selfish and you are basically a murderer. But, in the end, it's the mother's decision. Just my two cents.

I already said I would lean towards prochoice and that there are usually better options then abortion. However, the whole chance to exist is a matter of faith and not founded in fact. A man could say the same about every sperm in his body and the woman could the same of every egg. Should we freeze every sperm and egg so they may one day have the chance to exist. Okay, maybe that is a little ridiculous. I would like to point out that although rape may be a good reason for abortion it may not be a good thing to legislate otherwise some people may make false accusations of rape so they can terminate an unwanted pregnancy. Equal problems exist if you try to give a man the say on whether a child is born. Not only could the woman threaten to charge a man with rape but the man could require the woman to have a kid as an excuse to keep in contact with the woman. Of course that last one also works both way. This is a toughie issue and there are no easy issues but I think the best reason to abort may be when the health of the woman or child is in jeopardy. I think even a partial birth abortion could be justified if it could severely harm the woman having the kid.BTW if everyone is so concerned of helping people have kids that can?t become a serigate mother. Not only will you help someone have a kid but you can get paid for you?re sacrifice.

I'm against it first of all if you dont want to have a baby dont have sex or unprotected sex. And be on Birth control pills incase the condom breaks. Its like killing and who knows that kid could have a great life an amount to something in his or her life. He or she could be really smart and get a scalership and go to a great university but know they cant be cause they where killed inside there "mom". And if they dont want the kid so much just give him or her to and ophanige so he or she can at least have a life.

Of course I see your points made, but adoption isn't always the best. I mean, maybe you feel it is better to be alive instead of having been forced out of the process of being born, but I would rather have lived with both my biological parents then some people that may have nothing in common with me and cannot share many of my own traits. I mean, adoption is nice and all...but...I dunno. Are there other options other than adoption and abortion?

40971[/snapback]

You ask anyone who has been adopted as an infant, there is no problem with it. The only way they can figure it out is if their parents tell them or if they accidently come across papers(Or if they're a completely different race). Have you ever seen the movie Snow Dogs? I know it sounds stupid to mention, but if you really think about it, it makes some good points.

I'm against it first of all if you dont want to have a baby dont have sex or unprotected sex. And be on Birth control pills incase the condom breaks. Its like killing and who knows that kid could have a great life an amount to something in his or her life. He or she could be really smart and get a scalership and go to a great university but know they cant be cause they where killed inside there "mom". And if they dont want the kid so much just give him or her to and ophanige so he or she can at least have a life.

43773[/snapback]

So... you should only have sex if you wanted to make a baby? You must be kidding. Seriously.

And really, any of the million sperm that don't make it to the egg could be really "successful" people. Does that mean a million kids are murdered each time a guy ejaculates?

I believe abortion is murder. That is why I am against abortion. I am also a single male and have not been put in a situation where my baby's life might be terminated by a doctor. Also, I find it ironic that a doctor can legally kill a baby, but other than abortion killing an unborn baby is illegal and the baby's life is counted.

So... you should only have sex if you wanted to make a baby? You must be kidding. Seriously.

And really, any of the million sperm that don't make it to the egg could be really "successful" people. Does that mean a million kids are murdered each time a guy ejaculates?

43787[/snapback]

Abortion is When a doctor takes the life of a 28-ish week old fetus. At 28 weeks, the babies heart and brain are forming. Please get your facts straight.

Abortion is When a doctor takes the life of a 28-ish week old fetus. At 28 weeks, the babies heart and brain are forming. Please get your facts straight.

Not that I am for abortion but mice have brains too. Should they be entitled to all the rights as people? 28 weeks is an arbitrary definition.

I am against abortion. I have a couple of reasons for it to. For one thing it goes against alot of religions. I also feel that it is murder. I think that a baby is a living thing. My reason behind that is this. Look at what will happen if the baby does not get food it dies. And for something to be able to die it had to be alive at one point. But even though It may be wrong. People are always going to find ways to get them. Even if they make a law saying that it is illegal.

43799[/snapback]

Interesting. A fetus becomes a human being at 28 weeks. And not only that, but abortions aren't performed unless the fetus is 28 weeks old. Very interesting. Thanks for getting my facts straightened out.

Or perhaps the fact that it is human doesn't matter to you, and you think that everything that has a (or is forming) brain should be allowed to live. In which case you probably are a vegan, which is fine by me. Of course, you will have tremendous difficulty with setting a definition for when "forming a brain and heart" starts.

But that 28 weeks rule was certainly interesting.

For one thing it goes against alot of religions.

Religion is not a base for things but I am curious as to what passages religious references discuss abortion.

I also feel that it is murder.

This debate is founded in feeling and does not stem from a sensible set of ethically principles. A society can pass laws based on such feelings if it chooses but when issues are less morally clear it is better to give the individuals involved the right to choose what they feel is right and wrong based on their own set of beliefs.

I think that a baby is a living thing..

Right a baby is a living thing. Agreed. What about a fetus, an egg a sperm. When does life begin and when does that life become something a society should protect. An ant is a living thing. Should we stop people from getting rid of ant hills? If I was with somome who wanted to abort a child I don?t know how I would feel and If I was asked for my opinion and I wasn?t ready for a child I don?t know what I would choose. I know if there was a chance I could reasonably take care of the child I would want the girl to have it unless the child would become a pawn in some unhealthy relationship.

Also, I find it ironic that a doctor can legally kill a baby, but other than abortion killing an unborn baby is illegal and the baby's life is counted.

The doctor does not kill a baby. The doctor aborts a fetus from developing into a baby.

For one thing it goes against alot of religions. I also feel that it is murder. I think that a baby is a living thing. My reason behind that is this. Look at what will happen if the baby does not get food it dies. And for something to be able to die it had to be alive at one point. But even though It may be wrong.

You cannot use religion to base your argument. Religions are beliefs. They are not necessarily moral, they are basically organizations that tell you what is moral and what is not. Morality isn't based on what a group of people think. If abortion was murder, then why haven't millions of women in the world been arrested? It's wrong to say it's murder because murder involves the homicidal act of killing another being who has all the parts to be a full being. You people are confusing the difference between a fetus and a baby. The baby is a baby when it is fully developed inside the womb. If the fetus does not get food, then yes, it ceases to survive, but that also means that the mother is not getting the needed food and therefore will die herself, unless the fetus recieves food from other sources? I don't know about you, but using food as an argument does not get your point across very well, if even at all.

If abortion was murder, then why haven't millions of women in the world been arrested?

Abortion, by law, is not murder. Note the 'by law' part. To many people it may seem as murder, to many others it may not. I think that it depends on the situation. If you are pregnant but do not want the child, consider adoption...but what if it was an accident, a mistake, and you don't want to go through the 9 months?

He or she could be really smart and get a scalership and go to a great university but know they cant be cause they where killed inside there "mom".

Well, if one has the potential to succeed in life, then you cannot ignore the other side, one's potential to be the opposite. That baby has the POTENTIAL make a cure for the common cold (it's just an example, don't get started on that), but that same baby also has the POTENTIAL to become an international terrorist. I think that you can't really argue a child's potential for either side of the case.

You ask anyone who has been adopted as an infant, there is no problem with it.

Have you asked every single child that was adopted as an infant? There are always 'what ifs' and there will always be a few cases that contradict the statement.