xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Shared Hosting Account Server Update - Known Issues And Solutions

Really? Can't you access your site? I didn't configure anything but people can still see my site...Why doesn't it work for you? lol

sigh... no I really can't. Would you like to try for me? My websites are http://www.celestial-delinquent.com/ and http://princesstimes.com/

The second issue is changing of name server IPs. If you are using the current and correct name servers you do not need to worry. For those who are using IP address rather than name server alias please double check your setting.

ns.computinghost.com retaining IP 67.19.253.52

ns2.computinghost.com retaining IP 208.87.241.124

It looks like there is still something wrong here regarding Xisto accounts and the nameservers. My domains pointing to an account with Xisto - Web Hosting are working perfectly. However, domains with the same registrar (and one with a different registrar), and with the right nameservers set, that are pointed to my Xisto account just do not work.

It has been like this for a few days (so is not a propagation problem) and doesn't seem to be affecting only one domain registrar. It also doesn't just affect my PC, but every PC I have tried from, and apparently everyone in the world.

I know you're incredibly busy, but it would be nice to have our domains working again :lol:

Update: Trying to add the domain again in cPanel returns the following error:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 67.19.253.52,208.87.241.124 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

As those IP addresses are the ones mentioned as being correct, it looks like the gamma server is configured to look for the wrong IPs when checking if a domain has the correct nameservers set.

Well nothing is working for me. I have domain with coputing host that I have obtained this domain trough points. And now it doesn't work. Can anyone put me onthe right track and tell me how to p[rocede. My domain is zedsi.com

If the above methods don't work, and everything is correct with the name servers then you will have to put in a support ticket and set it to either high or critical to get it fix as that will be a quicker method of fixing the parked or add-on domains DNS issues. Also I would suggest not to remove and re-add your domains again, because you could wait even longer for the domain to be picked up, and that might not solve the issue, and run into problems like rvalkass and sonesay did when they tried to re-add their domains again.I question that HOST method because you mention "DNS is resolved fully" but you don't go into details on how users should be aware of that, I would have to assume that they would have to ping through CMD to see if this happens or not. Although it does bring up a interesting idea, couldn't that same file be uploaded to the server to correct the problem or a MOD_rewrite?Of course another question comes up would contacting the registar and see if they could fix the IP confliction on their end??Oh almost forget use the Live Chat option as well, that way some tickets could be reduced on this problem and you would be able to get immediate results.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

let me just add my domains on Xisto gamma server to the list of those NOT resolving to NEW IPs:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

ping reports IP as 64.69.46.210 (OLD IP). it has been several days already since gamma server went back online, and i can somehow concur with rvalkass that it seems more and more not a propagation issue any longer.

the workaround by editing the HOSTS file on windows as suggested by BH works, just to be fair. BUT it is pointless for my site users/visitors who are unaware of this to be able to circumvent IP problem. it would only work for myself, and not for the general public who access my sites. it's a localized solution, and not a netwide one.

i have the correct nameservers for the domains above, as do others on Xisto experiencing same issue.

Also I would suggest not to remove and re-add your domains again

thankfully i did not attempt this to see if it can be resolved strictly from my side.

Oh almost forget use the Live Chat option as well, that way some tickets could be reduced on this problem and you would be able to get immediate results.

tried that, and ashley came online for me. :lol: no joy on that, as she seems unaware of any issues of the kind, and simply referred me to raise a support ticket (which of course, i did. :) Ticket ID: BUR-901314 and LIE-678330 -- i mistakenly labeled the earlier one as LOW, so i made another one with same report as CRITICAL).

---

UPDATE 1 (a day later): velma has attended to my domain issues via XISTO LIVE SUPPORT, and they appear to be up and running again. have tested on proxy, as i may still need to wait 2-3 hours more for them to appear on my side of the world. ;) thanks velma! (special thanks to SaintMichael, who was hounding LIVE SUPPORT as well in my behalf, and for testing availability of my sites in his side of the world. :D)

an advise to others: get on https://support.xisto.com/ to check if anybody is ONLINE for LIVE SUPPORT chat. velma and i think it works faster that way, so she can do the manual resetting she needs to do to make the domains work the instant you get to chat with them. faster than the ticket system. :D

---

UPDATE 2 (hours later after UPDATE 1): my sites are back on track, and i can view them with no problems whatsoever. will check on cpanel if there are issues there when i have the time. ;) i have likewise closed my support tickets at Xisto - Support myself, so as to reduce the backlog support is having in responding to support tickets. :D

Looks like all add-on domains are suffering from some kind of "lock" from the old server IP. The only suggestion at this point is go through Xisto - Support . comThis is frustrating, I know. My add-on domains are non-working and it's embarrassing. All I can be is patient and hope that my request is read by the support team. I'm pretty sure they are swamped.

I can now confirm that parked and add-on domains appear to be working! However, they will not work without you deleting them and re-adding them using cPanel. Just use cPanel to delete the domain and then re-add it with the same information. With add-on domains, as long as you give it the same folder name when you re-add it, it looks like no data is lost - just make sure you use the same folder name as before rather than what cPanel suggests!Thanks to everyone involved in getting this working again :lol:

Ok I'll try that. How long will it be for the domains to work after being removed and re-added?

I can now confirm that parked and add-on domains appear to be working! However, they will not work without you deleting them and re-adding them using cPanel. Just use cPanel to delete the domain and then re-add it with the same information. With add-on domains, as long as you give it the same folder name when you re-add it, it looks like no data is lost - just make sure you use the same folder name as before rather than what cPanel suggests!
Thanks to everyone involved in getting this working again :lol:

Ok I'll try that. How long will it be for the domains to work after being removed and re-added?

It should be instantaneous as long as you already have the nameservers set correctly. What takes time with domains is getting the namerserver records to propagate to all the DNS servers in the world. Parking/adding a domain changes a record on the nameserver, so is an instant thing (as it is only changed in one place, rather than all over the world).

Oh my God YES it's back! Thank you for the information rvalkass, it worked. Now I can update my website!

First, confirm that your DNS are correct. Access your domain control and change name servers to

ns.computinghost.com - 67.19.253.52
ns2.computinghost.com - 208.87.241.124

Domain control is through the registrar that you initially purchased your domain name.

Second, if the DNS were not correct in step one, you need to wait until the change is spread across the Internet. Allow 24 to 48 hours.

Third, Add-on and Parked Domains need to be removed from the Trap accounts and then replaced back onto the same account using the same info.

If you are still unable to connect to your domain, contact Support at https://support.xisto.com/

Somebody just shoot me! :lol: Like it wasn't enough that last week my web site went down, then friday my computer crashed. Maybe it was that tornado, who knows. Had to totally wipe the ^)*^$#(_^@^ bloody thing. Lost all my files, programs, favorites, passwords, EVERYTHING. 6 FRIGGING DAYS WITH NO COMPUTER!!!!I REALLY need my site back up. I have read all the posts in this thread, and I'm still not sure what to do. I did check with NetSol and this part is therens.computinghost.com ns2.computinghost.com Please help!

Sheep dog,Start a Support Ticket at http;//Xisto - Support.com explaining the situation. They are now familiar with what to do in order to handle these accounts.All the best, sorry about the computer problems.

sheepdog,Your domain is pup4u dot com? If it's parked or add-on, try detaching it first and then re-park or add-on as jlhaslip and rvalkass mentioned. It worked for me. You'll note that domainname dot com will work while http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ dot com would not. Give about 24 hours and it should right itself.PS pup4u dot com resolves at my end