xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Shared Hosting Account Server Update - Known Issues And Solutions

Hi Xisto hosting members.

First of all I would like to thank you hosting members for staying patient during these difficult times.

Xisto - Support.com announced Data Center (DC) migration to bigger facility for the growing demand. This is to provide much more reliable service to all free web hosting members. However it did not go smoothly as server technicians hoped. Even with their relentless efforts to bring the service back online there are some known issues which I'd like to address.

The first issue is that those with TLD (top level domain) will notice that pining their domain names shows old hosting IP (64.69.46.210). There's nothing at your end can be done since I believe it's at the hosting server's end. I am only guessing this because I have not received any official answer from the support team. But you will notice that hosting members with Tra17 sub-domain gained full access to their hostings.

You can access your cpanel (for those with TLD) by 208.87.243.146/cpanel Use your cpanel username and password and you will be able to access your cpanel. gamma.xisto.com/~cpanelUSERNAME will also show your site up and running. And thus, I believe the problem is with DNS resolution at the server end. And since I do not have the official answer I will state this unless I am corrected, otherwise.

The second issue is changing of name server IPs. If you are using the current and correct name servers you do not need to worry. For those who are using IP address rather than name server alias please double check your setting.

ns.computinghost.com retaining IP 67.19.253.52
ns2.computinghost.com retaining IP 208.87.241.124

The third is try to flush your DNS. If you open your command window and ping your domain name and shows old IP please flush DNS by:

CONSOLE
ipconfig /flushdns

And ping your domain again. It should reply back with 208.87.243.146

I was requested by our fellow hosting members to just give some information to go by, instead of left out in the dark. I will update as more information is available.

The hindsight is 20/20. Yes, they acknowledge that the forum should also carried this important announcement. They also ask for your understanding and continuing support.

Thank you.

PS You can bypass propagation or resolution period by editing HOSTS file. For more information on bypassing DNS propagation or resolution period please try the following:

Amend the following to your HOSTS file (there are two under Windows XP. HOSTS file does not have any extension where as hosts.ics is NOT to be touched. You can see the full extension by Tools>>Folder Options>>View>>unchecking "Hide extensions for known file types")

HOSTS file is located under

for Windows Vista
method 1
method 2

for Windows XP
CONSOLE
windows\system32\drivers\etc

for Windows 2000
CONSOLE
winnt\system32\drivers\etc

for Windows ME or 98
CONSOLE
windows\

Open HOSTS with your Notepad and add the following under 127.0.0.1 (this is NOT to be touched) So you should see before saving and closing as such:

CONSOLE
127.0.0.1 ???? ???? localhost
208.87.243.146 ????http://www.yourdomain.com/
208.87.243.146 ????yourdomain.com

Save it, close all your browsers and reopen them to your site. It should work now.

PPS!!! Don't forget to remove the appended change once DNS is resolved fully. :lol: vujsa just pointed out that if we happen to change our IP address again, you don't want to be stuck with the old IP.

Notice from opaque:
Thank you BuffaloHelp for this update. News about the Migration is here:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/57892-opaques-update-about-the-servers-and-migration-xisto-server-migration/

I have problems now with accessing my account on the Xisto - Web Hosting. Can anyone help me out how should I procede. The thing is that when I try to login or reset my password it returns me information that e mail account doesn't exist in their database. Thanks.

I'm a bit lost at the moment.... My Xisto subdomain is working, but my parked domain is not working. That's because of a change in name servers right? So in order to get my parked domain working I have to change my name server IPs. How do I do that?

sorry I'm still confused. Do we have to do all that ip stuff only if our domain is configured with ip add? Is all this supposed to help me to view my website? Anyway I tried to access my website with http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but it didn't work :lol: I can access my cpanel though.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

I removed my parked domain and tried to readd it in cpanel but i get this error

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 67.19.253.52,208.87.241.124 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Any idea how I can solve this issue?

thanks my Xisto subdomain is working now and my cPanel but my uni.cc domain isn't working so i guess i have to wait a little bit longger, so for now i guess until the problem is resolved i'll use it as a forward. please announce when it's fixed so i can change it back thanks in advance.

I have problems now with accessing my account on the Xisto - Web Hosting. Can anyone help me out how should I procede.
The thing is that when I try to login or reset my password it returns me information that e mail account doesn't exist in their database.

Are you trying to reset your cpanel password of Xisto - Web Hosting hosting account or billing account? It may be premature to reset cpanel password for now.

I'm a bit lost at the moment.... My Xisto subdomain is working, but my parked domain is not working. That's because of a change in name servers right? So in order to get my parked domain working I have to change my name server IPs. How do I do that?

Access your domain control and change name servers to

ns.computinghost.com
ns2.computinghost.com

If IPs are asked to provide provide the following IP addresses

Domain control is through the registrar that you initially purchased your domain name. If I can have your domain name you're trying to add-on perhaps I can have clearer idea.

sorry I'm still confused. Do we have to do all that ip stuff only if our domain is configured with ip add? Is all this supposed to help me to view my website? Anyway I tried to access my website with gamma.xisto.com/~cpanelBISHOUJO but it didn't work :) I can access my cpanel though.

Bishoujo, try just gamma.xisto.com/~bishoujo

It was meant to be "cpanelUSERNAME" as in your cpanel username. All lower case please :lol:

Access your domain control and change name servers to
ns.computinghost.com
ns2.computinghost.com

If IPs are asked to provide provide the following IP addresses

Domain control is through the registrar that you initially purchased your domain name. If I can have your domain name you're trying to add-on perhaps I can have clearer idea.

My nameservers are already pointed to ns.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com(I bought my domain from Xisto - Domains anyway). I re-added my domain name and it is still not working. It just times out. How do I get it to work ? If it helps, my domain name is rmxpunlimited.net.
Edited by Carson (see edit history)

BuffaloHELP missed a major point as well, because of the servers changes and what not you need to clear your browser cache since that data is out of date and no longer able to connect to the old IP numbers. So make sure to clear all your browsers caches and that should help with some of the problems as well.

I edited the HOSTS file and it suddenly started working. Although surely that could not have made it work. Either way everything for me is running as it should be. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate the help.

Domain control is through the registrar that you initially purchased your domain name. If I can have your domain name you're trying to add-on perhaps I can have clearer idea. Bishoujo, try just gamma.xisto.com/~bishoujo

It was meant to be "cpanelUSERNAME" as in your cpanel username. All lower case please :lol:

Thanks, that worked. But my blog site which is hosted on another domain http://www.celestial-delinquent.com/ and in the folder 'cd' didn't work. I tried accessing gamma.xisto.com/~bishoujo/cd but to no avail.

Thank goddness! We finally have our sites back up :) Everything works fine for me, but I have a question to ask. Why can't I access my ACP on my forum. I'm not sure if it is related to Xisto servers, but I hope you guys have an answer ;) Great work guys, Keep it up ;):lol:

Thank goodness! We finally have our sites back up :lol:

Really?? Now I really am confused. Does this mean that site visitors can visit your website after you configured those ip things? That doesn't make sense to me, especially since they haven't been asked to configure their ips too.

Also, I tried to use the command window to flush my dns but I keep getting Request Timed Out when I ping my dns.

Really? Can't you access your site? I didn't configure anything but people can still see my site...Why doesn't it work for you? lol