xisto Community
adenrake

Firefox 3 Sucks - Time For Another Browser

I assume they'll get better with every release, FF3 is still in it's early stages, if I remember FF2 didn't have much new features until they got near the full releases either... I've personally never tried FF3, I guess I will at some point, but Im too lazy to do it tonight.

firefox 3 theme sucks

Ii totaly agree ff3 sucks I hate the interface but I'm probably gonna stick with it cuz

Internet explorer = failure

Opera = great everything but I want a clean scheme and I don't want to use the dumb useless features and bars and other

Other browsers will have to wait for their time

-reply by thecookiemonster

i'm looking forward to have firefox 3 out of beta state.. it may have little improvements but it does it's job well - to browse the internet.. plus major internal issues had been fixed eliminating memory leaks and other glitches

First of all, get off your high horses and don't even bother saying how one company copied another and how Firefox sucks because it's not what you want it to be like and yada. If you don't like it, stick to FF2.I tried FF3b and I wasn't too keen on it because I wasn't used to it. I thought it was pretty cool with what they did with the address bar, along with the other additions, and I thought some features were retarded, like being able to search through your downloads.A lot of people are probably not going to even notice the amount of features FF3 will have, since they tailor to different audiences: web developers, code testers, and then Joe Schmoe.I'll have to look at FF3 some more and then put out more of an informative opinion, as I'm using FF2 right now. :lol:

Personally, I don't see what you think is wrong with Firefox 3. Even though the web browser is only in its beta testing stages, it does include some cool new features with it.I like the new design of the buttons, and the way it's all set out. It looks a lot more up-to-date than before, and more classy in a way :lol:... The only feature I'm not to keen on is the pop-up blocking message saying "This website is trying to direct you to another page, allow?", as it appears for almost every link that you click on...Apart from that, I think it will be very good once the beta stages are complete and the completed version is released. 9/10 so far!

Hadnt tried it yet either, although I had used the earlier Firefox versions. If it does go by what is said, I'd probably downgrade back to a earlier version of Firefox untill the issues with Firefox 3 is sorted out.

Everyone knows that each of the major browsers has copied someone in one way or the other so big deal. As for the overall look of firefix I say it fine as it is, download a theme if you want, but the default look of firefox will make it be faster and all that good stuff. Also if you have downloaded firefox3b5, I can tell you this, that b5 is 100 times better then each other beta version, very fast, low memory usage, and extensions are getting updated on a dialy basis. So in two months firefox 3 will be out, and ready to slightly replace firefox 2.

You suggested what?

<quote>St Michael said: -With the address bar it works with the bookmark system and using keywords from your book marks you will no longer have to open your bookmark folder and then click on a website. All you have to od is type in some keywords and your website will show up just like that, and thus the reason why it seems bulky like that since it is using keywords from the title and whatever else info is on there. Of course if you don't want to see your history all you have to do is clear the cookies, history when you close out, and that solvs your problem right there."</quote>

Thats kinda odd to say...I've met people who have a very small enough attention span to think that way you are assuming is normal browsing behavior. I generally think little of those people. Yes, what you suggest is accurate, but just how narrowminded does a person have to be that they only stick to a finite list of sites for normal browsing? Bookmarks are placemarks for regular business or functions, browsing is not that.

Another point is that even though you worded it in neutral terms, it was obvious that you were insulting a person by sarcastically suggesting they delete their cookies and history all the time.

-reply by contractor

Contractor, your assuming that I meant that for everyone who uses firefox in reference on how the new book mark system works. I highly doubt everyone will switching over to the new bookmarking system, I am saying that it cuts out the needless clicking that needs to be done in order to get to a website. I have so many bookmarks that is insane, and most of the time I don't use them except for a need to reference to them from time to time or working on a project. I would assume that you read all the posts in this topic and see some people mention why they hate firefox, granted I can't force them to change sides, but give them an idea of what they can do more with a browser. Now your really assuming that I was being insulting about the cookies deletion, and how wrong you are on that. I was pointing out why someone could do in order not to see the navigation bar like that, mind you that it will do that for the bookmarks, but for websites that are not listed they won't show up. I could be insulting and say "don't be stupid and just delete your cookies, or if you don't like it don't use it". Or I could be really jerk and insult you for putting words in my mouth, but that is not how I work.Besides everyone has their different reasons for using a browser either work related or home related, the way the Mozilla crew set up this browser is cut down on the time needed to do all that clicking.

Despite being a keen Firefox User, one of many Beta Testers for Firefox 2, and a registrant to their extension database (which, I must add, has changed a LOT over the years), I never actually got around to downloading any Firefox 3 Betas until last week, when I downloaded Firefox 3 Beta 5. But you know what? Despite my heavy reliance and love for Firefox, I have to agree with many of the points raised here.

Firefox 3 has too many problems - mainly cosmetic, I'll admit, but also functional. For one thing, Firefox 3's default theme sucks. The "Forward" and "Back" buttons are WAY too big, and seem out-of-place even in their normal positions. The lack of an obvious "Home" button (yes, I KNOW it can be dragged from the Bookmarks tab - but why the hell is it there anyway?) can be annoying if your Homepage is actually a page you constantly refer to, such as a news site.

I am also annoyed by it's default behaviour towards extensions. Firefox 3 will disable Unsigned extensions, to prevent security risks - which seems a sensible idea at first glance. However, it also prevents enabling of extensions that are deemed "insecure" due to lack of this signature and no apparent download security. The problem here is, hardly any Firefox extensions are digitally signed, due to the majority of them being made by independant developers who either don't know how to, or can't afford a signature to digitally sign them, and Firefox haven't actually defined the methods by which Firefox deems downloads "secure". This means a large number of legitimate add-ons will be rendered useless! (In fact, one such extension I have in Firefox 2 creates "opt-out" cookies for untrusted services - which is supossed to increase security, but is treated by Firefox 3 as a security risk!)

Granted, there are a lot of useful features - I am thankful for it's support for VeriSign's Extended Validation SSL Certificate, a service currently only available to IE7, and the Favourites Search in the Address bar is very useful - but many of these features are not only inconvienient; they can also confuse users who have got used to the simplicity of browsers before it, or those users who already use Firefox and have customised it to their individual tastes.

Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture - and if there ARE major benefits to the common user that I am not aware of, I humbly appologise - but to me, Firefox 3 seems overworked and underthought. I couldn't bear to use it for more than an hour, and I sincerely hope that feeling does not remain in me. Like I said, I am avid user and fan of Firefox - and if I may add my own personal opinion, I don't think there's a better browser out there - but this is just dissapointing. Take debate if you will, but my point is made.

I do not like the idea of FF3 sucks because I do not find it on that way. I am using FF3 from the alpha stages and it is quite improved from there. The time of minefield is over and the new one is simple and quite resource friendly. Comparing to other browsers such as Opera or Internet Explorer, Firefox wins hand down. On the other side, opera is a bloatware loaded with all kind of stuffs unnecessarily. And IE is simply unusable. So it is FF3 that will be going to make it's way to most of the switchers from IE. Safari for Windows is yet to gain a competitive market share due to sheer competition from FF.

Hi everybody, this is my first posting here ;) Well FF3 Beta 5 :lol: I have been using FF for long time, it is really good browser, but this las version FF3 is just ugly for two reasons( maybe more? ):1.I can not understand how does the profile manager works in FF3 !! Type in the Run CMD( Windows ) : "firefox -profilemanager" to open the profile manager, then create new profile and click start firefox, then close it again. Repeat that for 4 to 6 times( 4-6 ) profiles, then check where is the Cache folder located for each profile. Normally if the path is relative firefox creates this folder under :C:\Documents and Settings\USER-NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.profilenameIf the path is not relative( you specified a path upon creating the profile ) , the Cache folder is created under the profile folder you specified.In FF3 i have created 6 profiles( all are relative ) and guess what? FF3 creates the Cache folder for 4 profiles correctly and for the other 2 profiles under the specified profile name( which is not normal incase of Relative path ).2.I am getting a strange message upon FF3 start that says : "Firefox is already running, but not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or RESTART your system."For me, IT IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE to restart my system to get MR. FF3 working again. Check the picture, its just one FF3 process( the messagebox only ).post-62148-1210808251_thumb.jpgI hope they will fix those bugs in the final release :)

1. Basically the profile manager is use to customize firefox for each individual user, such as what skins they are using, what extension are running every time when that profile is loaded, stuff like that. I haven't really got into profiles all that much since I am the only using this computer so hard to say really why the profiles are acting like that.2. That is completely easy ctrl+alt+delete to open the task manager and then click on the process tab and then look for the firefox process and then right click, and select end process and thats it. a Common reason is that might happen if you are downloading something and have the download open and your browser close it will give you that error.