xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chelcy

Schools around the world

lol,hear that it is same to u.we start call at 8:00 AMand over by 9:00 PM whole day indeed.at school we must learn many subject like chinese,english,maths,physics,chemistry,biology...too muchhehe,maybe other country is better than ours. :( :(

Your school life is pretty easy then my daily schedule goes like this.Wake up at 6:00 amTake a shower get dressedLeave my house at about 7:15 amGo to 1st Hour at 7:30 amLeave school at 2:36I get a 25 min lunch break after 3rd hour, 5 min breaks in between classes, and i have 6 classes. All my classes are the same over and over again! So yeah my school is not very good in giving kids some time or breaks.I am located in Michigan, United States.After school times may vary, subject to change at anytime. (sounded like a copyright)

My children are in grade school now (5th grade and 1st grade)School starts at 8:20 and is out at 3:30.My problem is the long bus ride. They are normally on the bus from 1 hour to hour 15 minutes. Anyone else have this problem?

In Germany school starts at 8:00 am and ends at 1:30 pm. We have two breaks, about 25 minutes in length.In secondary school (grammar school)We have:mother tongueEnglishmathLatin/French (You have the choice)-PhysicsChemnistryBiologyGeographyArts/Music (Got The Choice)HistoryPolitics (Goverment)SportsReligious Education

Here in California we have school from 8:00 AM to 3:15 PM, but for me...I have extra classes in the morning and afternoon. So I have school from 7:15AM to 6:00 PM. I'm taking 9 classes this year and everybody thinks I'm crazy. :lol:

In China We Study the whole day

Whoo dude are you serious, well I'm is St Philomenas Its alright,

Primary (From Kindi to Year 6) Starts at 09:00am, Break at 11:00am Break finishes at 11:20am, Lunch at 01:15pm Finishes at 02:15pm, And School Finishes at 03:15.

Primary (From Year 6 to Year 10) Starts at 08:45am, Break at 10:40am Break finishes at 11:00am, Lunch at 12:40pm Finishes at 01:30pm, And School Finishes at 03:15. So Yeah Secondary Get another 30mins extra but We have to swap classes for each period and that taked about 5 min for each class so it all equal.

Whe I was is India, The School Starts at 9:00am and finishes at 02:30pm (that is for the primary), but In Secondary in India the School startes at 07:00am and finishes at 03:30pm, thats a huge difference But yeah, i left India before i went into Secondary, YAY :lol: , So yeah thats Australia and India, I would like to know about other schools too.

In the Philippines, (it could just be my school) The class starts at 6:30 AM, we have assemblies at 6:30-6:00, we have breaks from 9:00-9:30, and 12:00-1:00. Classes end at 4:00, unless there's a special assembly or you're doing extra-curicular activities. :lol:

I'm interested in learning about other country's lives in schools! Here in the Philippines, we go to school (at least high school) from around 7:00 AM to 4-5:00 PM. We don't change classrooms; the teachers do. I've been to two schools before, actually. One had mixed Chinese and English classes, while the other one had English for the morning and Chinese in the afternoon. The previous one, we didn't have any lockers. We just brought a box to school and that's where we keep our books. In my second school, we have lockers.
Well that's as much info as I can think of about high schools in the Philippines!

What about the systems in your school? :)

Well I learnt in Zimbabwe at a school called Prince Edward School..which was one of the best around.
Our lessons started at 7.40am and ended at 3.10pm for the juniors and at 1.00pm for the seniors.
Rugby was the most popular sport and people who excelled in sports would become prefects. We played sports more than we actually studied and everything was just so cool.
It's a boys only school as well!

Well when you start and which classes you have depends on your age and what you chose. From 1st - 4th grade we went to school from 09:00 to 14:30, and we had every wednesday (+weekends) off. Then the complicated things start... the times were the same but we had some wednesdays with school and some without. In 6th and 7th grade we had the same times, but all week with school. (Not weekends.)From 8th-10th grade we all have to go to a new school, with new teachers - as those schools are separated. 08:30 to 14:00. We do not change classrooms besides the times we have Spanish, French, German or whatever. Then there is the even more complicated things. Now we have to choose. Some choose Mechanics, Singin/Acting/Drama, Media&Communication and many more... one of them is kind of just an extension of the past three years - where you have pretty much the same classes (at least the first year...) but it is a lot harder. More work and homework. What you choose decides if you are allowed to study on an university later... this is very complicated to explain. The schools are often divided; one school could teach Mechanics and Health, while another one would have Singing/Acting/Drama and Media&Communication. The schools are also very different - though it is free. The books are free, we all have a laoptop - but we have to pay a small fee. It is okay, hard work but that is how it is supposed to be... The hours are different. When schools starts and ends is different from week to week, day to day.I am in my 11th school year right now, and honestly I do not know too much about the years that will come - so I will not even try to tell you all about that.

First I should tell you about the grade system thingy or what the hell you wanna call it:1-6th grade is in it's own school, we don't change classrooms and we have pretty much the same teacher except for some lessons like art and stuff. 7-9th grades are in it's own school separate from the 1-6th. We change classrooms for every lesson. a lesson can last 1-2 hrs. The schedule is different for every day, someday it might be 10-14 and someday 8-16 I'm not gonna bother to say am and pm so I'll let you lazy guys do some little thinking. We have 4 periods in a year and the schedule changes for every period. In 2 periods we have english as foreign language and in other 2 periods swedish(I just hate it!!). We have our own lockers. We eat lunch in school at 11 or 12 it depends on the day, we don't bring our own lunch, we eat the lunch that is in school unlike in the most countries and we don't have to pay for it. We have 2 computer rooms or what ever you want to call and a school library.and so on, I'm too bored to explain what comes after that.Oh, and I'm from Finland by the way! :P

^ Nah, you should love Swedish classes. I was hoping you or anyone else would learn it properly so maybe, just maybe, you or someone else would understand some of my Norwegian. :P I think I forgot to mention that we do bring our own food, mostly just disgusting bread. In elementary school we were not allowed to go the the store and buy food, we had no cafeteria and we hated it. It has been some big discussion here due to that we want to have warm food at school - some students do not eat at all because the food they bring along taste horrible. I would be one of them if I had the ability to go all day without food. What a shame.

Here in England school starts at 8:45 am till 3.05 Pm. We have 5 periods each 1 hour long. 2 breaks- one after second period which is 15 minutes long and a lunch break which is 45 minutes long.

Here in Mexico, on my school we go from 7 AM to 1:30 PM and from 4 PM to 7 PM its really annoying to go back to school at the afternoon.However my school is different from the normal ones, so the info is not much help if you want to know about Mexico