xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chelcy

Schools around the world

Here in Mexico, on my school we go from 7 AM to 1:30 PM and from 4 PM to 7 PM its really annoying to go back to school at the afternoon.However my school is different from the normal ones, so the info is not much help if you want to know about Mexico

That's a long school day.... And the 4-7 PM thing would kill me. I couldn't even handle a night class in college (in the USA) once a week, much less deal with it daily.

But do you go every day or just certain days?(In the week I mean, like with such a long school day do you just go MWF or all 5 days?)

And as for me, I'm in college so I set my own schedule. Right now I'm in full-time and I go only on Tuesday and Thursday from 8 AM until 1:50 PM. Short days, :).

Most of the people here seem to have schools as early as 9am. The school system here (oh how I miss it now!) is pretty much the same, with some small changes....School generally starts at 9 (never before, but sometimes later) and goes on until 4 or 5 in the evening with three breaks in between. There's a school for KG, and then the same school for the remaining grades (1-12) though it's the student's choice to switch schools for variety! Twelve years in the same building with the same classmates sure builds a strong bond, and that's the beautiful part of it. The bad part of it? Well there's no specific learning system, and most students have to depend on rote learning, which is useless after school. And some schools have very basic facilities, which is also very bad...But whatever the system, school life here is long and satisfying, and it hurts to let go in the end. Now I'm in college and enjoying more freedom, but I can't ever go back to those old days, and that thought really hurts!

School for me was always 8AM to 2PM, but then with like sports and stuff, the day didn't really end until 5 usually. Now that I think about it, that was actually a lot of time for relatively little learning.. or maybe I'm just thinking that because high school really underutilized the lecture format and seemed to embrace discussion instead, which... doesn't do a whole lot for most of the class, it just lets some people blab on for 5 minutes about nothing while everyone else sits around and gets bored. College is a bit more efficient, I've got about 12 hours of lecture a week, and another 10-15 hours in labs. Most of it is in the mornings, so I don't have class in the afternoons, which is awesome 'cause it lets me do other things.

I live in Macodonia and we go on school at 1PM to 6PM.We change the class rooms and we are styding 15 subjects.History is very big we are styding all hstory on world.its very hard to study in Macedonia but when someone goes to america he wont have any probles.The Materialwho wee study in Ferst Scool they studying on high school

As I am studying in sweden... Classes starts usually from 8:00 or 9:00 am and classes run all day till 4:30 pm. Lecture are mostly boring :lol: and long 1:30 or 2 hours. you can come 15 min late and after every one hour 15 minutes break. You can bring eatable in the class and eat. You can also bring eatable during exams and when you become frustrated you can start eating (smoking is not allowed:))

I'm in college now, but the high school I went to (USA) just like someone else stated, had small lockers... LOL I hated that crap. There wasn't enough space to fit all the work they bombed us with. The schools I went to were all crowded... for the most part. The last high school I went to were a bunch of over exaggerating losers. Yes, I'm talking about the administration and yes, I had bad encounters with them. Lmao.Anyways, the colleges .... I'm going to Central Wyoming now so it's far from crowded hahamuch more freedom, lose schedule. I love it.

In Lithuania you need to go to school from 8:00 and usually it ends at 14:45, sometimes 13:45 or sometimes 15:40 it depends how much lessons you have on that day and in which class you're in..Lessons in school are 45 minutes and breaks usually are 10-20 minutes, depends which break it is, the long break is for eating in cafeteria :)In universities it's usually lectures and it's not 45 minutes, but it's 90 minutes with 5 minute break and all the breaks between lectures are about 15 minutes, the long break in my university is 45 minutes for students to eat or something like that. ;]

I'm interested in learning about other country's lives in schools! Here in the Philippines, we go to school (at least high school) from around 7:00 AM to 4-5:00 PM. We don't change classrooms; the teachers do. I've been to two schools before, actually. One had mixed Chinese and English classes, while the other one had English for the morning and Chinese in the afternoon. The previous one, we didn't have any lockers. We just brought a box to school and that's where we keep our books. In my second school, we have lockers.
Well that's as much info as I can think of about high schools in the Philippines!

What about the systems in your school? :)

I was a homeschooled student. I paid to join a school by mail, and they set me two subject books at a time. I studied, did my exams, and sent them to be graded. Once I did that with all 8-12 exams, I would be sent a new subject. Then when I finished all of the subjects with grades of 77% or higher, I graduated. It was ridiculously easy!

I joined a school-by-mail because I couldn't tolerate the kids at my public high school. Apparently being around the middle-aged and elderly made me as intolerant to immature behavior as the people I knew. Plus, I was moving to a country where no fully English schools were available so I needed to find a way to graduate for when I went back to the states.

Here in Egypt schools are from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.We don't change classes the teachers do .. We don't have lockers so we go to school with a backpack full of books and notes for the nine classes we have everydayThere's one break at the middle of the day when you can play, hangout or do anything but there's no cafeteria so if you want food you have to bring it from home or buy itYou spend 2 years in KG then 6 in Primary school then 3 in Preparatory school then another 3 in high school and it doesn't have to be different schools .. Some schools contain all of the stages.You only get to choose what you want to study at the last 2 years of high school so it's pretty hard because at the other years you get to study ALOT of subjects : Arabic - English - Maths - Chemistry - Physics - History - Geography - Painting - Computer - Music - .... All in every year

I'm from Malaysia. Currently studying at the University. The high school i went to start at morning 7.15am and end at around 5.55pm. The subject over here is quite easy. Malaysia educational system consist of 2 years of kindergarden (for kid aged 5~6 [not compulsory]) 6 year of primary school(compulsory) and 5 years of secondary school(compulsory) and you can choose a lot other study method after this for example : A-level, diploma, Form 6(2 years), or even matriculation. Then you further your study at university. As compare with the educational level of other country, I THINK our educatonal level over here is relatively lower. In return of that, we are burdened with huge amount of subject(at least 8 subject for first 3 years of secondary school).

We have 3 major examination before we can go to University and that is UPSR ( for primary school ) , PMR ( for 1st three years of secondary school ) , and last but not least SPM ( for the last two years of secondary school ). If you score bad in either one of this examination, it will affect your accension to good high school or even good college.

One more thing, OUTFIT! we have our own uniform to wear and we must wear it to school. These eliminate the possiblity of, ... maybe showing off by wearing cool stuff? and we do not own our own locker over here but luckily the timetable is fixed, and so we can bring the minimum number of book and stationary to school...

I think that's about it...If you have any other question, feel free to aSK....

I've graduated college about 4 years ago and here's what I went through. Kindergarten: 5-6 years old (8 AM to 3 PM)Here we learn to write our names, read and recite the alphabet (Filipino and English Alphabet), do math, sing, play and socialize. We don't have locker and we walk to school. (Our home is near, about 300 to 400 meters away but I had classmates who had to walk more than 1 km to attend school. It was fun, of course. We didn't have electricity back then so books, games and teacher's stories are all you have for fun. Plus the lovely beaches of the island - Camiguin Island.)Primary School and Intermediate (a.k.a. Elementary School) : 7-12 years old (8 AM to 4:30 PM)I remember studying the major subjects (Math, Science, Filipino and English). We also have minor subjects: Music, Agriculture, Physical Education, History, Scouting (Boy or Girl Scouts). My favorite subject was Agriculture. You are given your own space where you have to grow something. I remember growing Pechay, a vegetable. And during harvest periods, each student harvests his/her own crop and we cook them, eat and swim! Real fun. High School: 13-16 years old 8 AM to 5:00 PMI went to a special public school that focuses on science subjects (Regional Science High School). As the school's name suggests, most of the subjects that we have are Sciences (Natural Science, Earth Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Scientific Research and Methodology, etc.) and Math (Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus and Statistics). We also have minor subjects English, Filipino, History (local and world) and Physical Education for freshmen and sophomore while Basic Army Training for juniors and seniors. College: 17-20 years old (Schedule is dependent on study load)I took up Chemistry on college so I had mostly science and math classes. It's fun because you are able to choose your own schedule and electives. I had problem with some of my major subjects (Quantum Chemistry and Natural Products). Aside from taking major subjects, you're also required to take some of the minor subjects. History 1 (Local History) History 2 (Jose Rizal, our national hero). It's a Catholic school so I had to take 4 Religious Studies subjects (Bible, Christianity, World Religion and Christian Morality) and also 4 Philosophy classes (Logic, Philo of Man, Morality and Philo of Religion). After 16 years of school, you graduate and hopefully end-up in a high-paying job or continue to schooling to get a Masters and Ph.D. That's how we do it in the Philippines. :angel:There has been changes on the educational system to improve it.

I live in Kosovo.I'm in High School, Natural Science Gymnasium.The first shift starts from 7:00 - 12:00 and the second one (mine) 12:20 - 17:20. We don't change our class the professors do, we learn English and French as foreign Languages (some learn german).After elementary school (the ninth class) we choose of which high school now we want to go:- Economic School- Technology School- Medicine School- Art School- Gymnasium (this only for those who are sure that will to to an university)and Technology School.

In the U.S, I go to a highschool in the northeast. Classes start at 7:30 and end at 3:00. Unfortunately, they don't allow anything inside a classroom except your books and bookbag(no eating, texting, phoning, etc) and that's about it. =P

The school I attend right now is a high school, ranked #14 in the United States.I've just had an interview for a school for juniors and seniors that specifically revolve around science/math. It's a boarding school, and there are only 13 schools like it in the US.A majority of the people who get in also get into MIT if they apply.I'm really excited about attending this school, though I'm hesitant about leaving my parents and friends behind =|

i have a bachelor degree in computer science, my education history is:- kindergarten for two years (4-6): i learned alphabet, singing, acting, numbers. at least that's what i remember ;) - elementary school for six years (6-12): a normal elementary school with all the boring subjects: science, history, geography, languages, mathimatics...ect.- high school for six years (12-18): this period was really interesting, i attended kind of private school, where there is two departments, english department and french department. i attended french department, in this department we study the same subjects plus french language, so our schedule was from (8 am-3 pm) we didn't have a break only for 30 minutes. the interesting thing is the last two years we can choose which kind of classes to attend (scientific or literature) depending on the major we should study in the college. that means we should choose which kind of college and what the major we should choose. i chose the scientific section, i studied physics, chemistry, biology, math, and languages.- the college was even more interesting, i studied computer science for four years (18-22) our schedule was from (8 am- 3 pm) also i had only a 30 minutes break. but i loved what i studied a lot so i didn't care, my major was (operating system, c language, prolog, internet, visual basic, database, system analysis, architecture, artificial intelligence and data structure).