xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chelcy

Schools around the world

Here in Greece we start at 8:30 and finish at 1:30. We usually don't change classes but it depends on the lesson...For example Biology is done in the biology class etc etc etc....Things are truly difficult and the exams are academic level.

I like school here in the US..I just graduated high school (secondary) and I'm so glad to be rid of it.Our town had school start at 7:25am and went til 2:05pmMy high school had 7 class periods, plus 20 minutes for lunch.We had certain requirements for graduation:4 years english3 years math3 years science2 years foreign language2 years fine arts electives2 semesters health2 semesters phys. ed.

8:05a.m. to 3:10 p.m.We also have 7 class periodsA 30 thirty minute lunchA break after 1st period for breakfastAnd basically the same requirements...But its not to bad..except math...Why is it so hard

I come from the netherlands and go to school there. It's very relaxed because every hour we have a diffrent teacher. he have to be at school at 8.40 hours and when we get to leave depends on the day. the longest day is until 15.30 hours. We have two hours of gym a week and one hour of music (if you've picked it at the beginning of the school year. We're allowed to stay in school to study or just surf the we until 5 o'clock.

I come from the netherlands and go to school there. It's very relaxed because every hour we have a diffrent teacher. he have to be at school at 8.40 hours and when we get to leave depends on the day. the longest day is until 15.30 hours. We have two hours of gym a week and one hour of music (if you've picked it at the beginning of the school year. We're allowed to stay in school to study or just surf the we until 5 o'clock.

Wow!!!
In Singapore, play and music comes the last!!

We only get an hour of Physical Education per week and 30 mins of music lessons. You guys really must be enjoying life!!

Sometimes we can have the same teacher for 2 hours in a row!! omg, and you guys gett o change teachers so often...and from what you have said, it seems that you can chhose your own subjects you want to take up...but in Singapore, its all the SAME...

I go to school in Australia, we study from 8:30am until 3pm :P

I live In England, Im 15: my school is immensely dull, we study from 9AM to 3:30PM, but then we get coursework, so the "fun" doesnt stop there. Its killing me, slowly. Okay, maybe not, but its kind of harsh. We do ordinary boring subjects: English, Maths, Science etc. Not very inspiring. Im leaving soon tho :lol: no idea what I wanna do....

Im from NZ we had adopted the stupid english school hours!We go from 8:40am to 3:20pm most days.With 5 1 hour periods a 20 min assembly50 min lunch20 min intervalI so wish skool is what its like in europe!

Well here in the best country AUSTRALIA we go from:9:00am3:05pmOur school "Harristown State High School" is accreditied as one of the best schools in the world by some organisation that recognises the best schools. Gosh, i feel proud :D

Well, in the Southeast USA(stereotypically known as the dumbest part of the industrialised world) here is how our school works.Age 4-5: KindergartenAge 5-10: Elementary School( 1st-5th Grade)Age 11-14: Middle School( 6th-8th Grade)Age 14-18: High School (9th-12th Grade)In high school, we go to school from 8:00 AM to 2:50 PM. We have 4 classes a day(unless you're in the 12th grade, in which case you can have less) for 1 1/2 hours with a 30 minute lunch. About 3/4 of your classes are required and you get to choose the other 1/4. After high school, you either do 1 of 4 things:1. Go to a 4-year college.2. Got to a 2 year tech school or community college.3. Join the military.4. Get a service or manufacturing job(highly unreccomended, but some people do that, especially if their family owns a business).

I like school here in the US..
I just graduated high school (secondary) and I'm so glad to be rid of it.

Our town had school start at 7:25am and went til 2:05pm

My high school had 7 class periods, plus 20 minutes for lunch.

We had certain requirements for graduation:
4 years english
3 years math
3 years science
2 years foreign language
2 years fine arts electives
2 semesters health
2 semesters phys. ed.

my school is almost the same except we have 4 periods each day. We alternate 4 periods each day. So we have 8 periods in total. The classes are longer because of that. Like an hour and a half. anyways I think we have lunch for about 20-30 minutes. We start school at 9:00AM and end at 4:00Pm. i have to stay after school sometimes for the clubs.

oh on the requirements like this one.

4 years english
3 years math
3 years science
2 years foreign language
2.5 credits electives (child development, food nutrition, etc..)
1 semesters health
1.5 credits semesters phys. ed. (1 year, one semester)

In NZprimary school goes from 5-10Inermediate School 11-13High School: 14-18University: 18+ With sufficient credits but 22+ for anyonethats how the education system goes

mine starts at 8am..and finishes at 3pm...we have:4 years math4 years science4 years chemistry4 years mother lang4 years English4 years French......1 year latin, sociology, philosophy, psychology, ....