xisto Community
benzkids

Sleeping Naked

Do you Sleep Naked?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My mom has the cleanest room in the entire house with fur less bedsheets that smell of the sun and blankets oh so soft without stuffing oozing out of them. So when she goes out of town to visit my dad( dad has been posted to a new place currently) or her dad, I sleep in her room butt naked with the door locked of course as I have an elder brother. But normally I share a room with my 5 furry beasts so I sleep half naked in the night, during the winter it is the same except that I do not bother switching on the fan or keeping the windows open in the night.

goood Sleeping Naked

Sleeping naked is pretty relaxing, but more often than not, I end upSleeping with too many clothes on. Usually what I wore during the day.It happens sometimes, depending on how exhausted I am. Then I wake upWith terrible muscle aches and impressions in my skin. Score!

-reply by Lila

Fully clothed, though I'd like to see how it feels though...Must be feeling good. :) Especially in your *ahem* genitals. :P But anyway, a better question should be:Do you take a shower naked?No points for guessing what most voters would vote though.I would like to try how sleeping naked feels, but many people can easily barge in my room, and even if they don't flip my cover off, well, who knows?I might have already kicked it off during the night or something. :P

A story that was known to many a few decades ago about the great Mahatma Gandhi being naked is what I'll share with you all. My grand father narrated this to me a few years before his death and that is why it is so clear in my mind, as if I heard this just now.

While Gandhi was in Noakhali, his typist and shorthand secretary, Parasuram, resigned on New Year's day 1947. He was shocked to find Gandhi sleeping naked with Manu. She also bathed and massaged his naked body, finding nothing wrong in doing anything Bapu asked of her. Gandhi insisted that he was never aroused when he slept beside her, or next to Sushila or Abha. He felt only as a Mother to these most intimate disciple-helpers.
I am sorry, Gandhi replied to Parasuram. You are at liberty to leave me today. He woke that morning at 2 A.M. God's grace alone is sustaining me, he confided to his diary. I can see there is some grave defect in me somewhere which is the cause of all this. All around me is utter darkness. He woke Manu, telling her 'to remain alert and wide awake.' Pyarelal, Gandhi's secretary reported that he muttered to himself: 'There must be some serious flaw deep down in me which I am unable to discover. could I have missed my way?'

Rajendra Prasad heard about Parasuram, tactfully suggesting that it would be better for Gandhi to ask his grandnephew Kanu to take Manu's place. It is futile to worry, Bapu replied to his friend. Manu has come of her own accord. She was keen to come only to work under me and I agreed to it and she is working with zest. She is not as capable as Kanu, but where faith and purity exist talent and strength must follow.

Ramdas, Gandhi's son also heard, and was worried about his father. Don't at all worry, Bapu replied. Manu has taken up a lot of work and I have asked her to write about her sharing the bed with me. He still felt himself surrounded by 'darkness,' fearing that might indicate 'a flaw' in his 'method.'

He was scrupulously truthful enough, and passionately introspective enough to ask of his son, Could it be that I am nurturing only weakness in the name of non-violence! Gandhi was testing the 'truth' of his faith in the fire of 'experience.' His had always been a practical philosopher, an activist faith. He appears to have hoped that sleeping naked with Manu, without arousing in himself the slightest sexual desire, might help him to douse raging fires of communal hatred in the ocean of India, and so strengthen his body as to allow him to live to 125 in continued service to the world. By January 19, however; less than a month since she had joined him, Manu showed signs of growing alienation. I shall be happy if I know whether you will accompany me on the walk in the morning or in the evening or at both times. She did not reply. Her withdrawal upset him. So he wrote, I don't know how I can help if you are scared all the time. He felt so troubled about Manu's anxiety and listlessness that he wrote to his old Calcutta comrade Satis Chandra Mukerji, seeking his opinion.

A young girl (19) who is in the place of a granddaughter to me by relation shares the same bed with me, not for any animal satisfaction but for valid moral reasons. She claims to be free from the passion that a girl of her age generally has and I claim to be a practiced brahmachari. Do you see anything bad or unjustifiable in this juxtaposition? Mukerji chose not to answer that question. Manilal Gandhi, however; was shocked when he heard the news. Do not let the fact of Manu sleeping with me perturb you. I believe that it is God who has prompted me to take that step, his Bapu replied. Do not get [Father-in-law] upset and bear with me. I write this because Kishorelal and others have got upset. I see no reason for that. Gandhi asked a Bengali doctor he met to 'suggest any recipe' for helping him live to 125. The doctor only advised him to return to Calcutta 'to recoup his health.'

District Muslim League Secretary Mujibur Rahman urged Gandhi to leave Noakhali, informing him that local Hindu and Muslim leaders could take responsible care of their own people. Some men asked him now if they too should sleep with young girls? What he did was for all to do if they conformed to conditions observed by him, Gandhi replied. If that was not done, those who pretended to imitate his practice were doomed to perdition.

Gandhi believed, as he told Nirmal Bose, that there is an indissoluble connection between private, personal life and public. You cannot overlook private deflections from the right conduct. If you are convinced you should pursue my connection with Manu and if you find a flaw, try to show it to me. Nirmal argued against the practice but failed to convince Gandhi that he did anything inappropriate, since he firmly believed God directed his actions, and approved of his loving (nonsexual) intimacy with Manu. Gandhi then wrote to Vinoba to explain that he slept with Manu in order to test what had been my belief for a long time that that alone is true brahmacharya which requires no hedges.

I am not conscious of myself having fallen. My mind daily sleeps in an innocent manner with millions of women, and Manu also, who is a blood relation to me, sleeps with me as one of these millions. If I do not appear to people exactly as I am within, wouldn't that be a blot on my non-violence? A few days later Manu suggested that they stop sleeping together. Gandhi readily agreed.

This was a real disaster scenario had this been published. I wish that a national symbolic person like Gandhi is not expected to do such things, but after-all he is a human and wished to live more than 100 years. Nathuram Godse might be the tip of an iceberg which metamorphically was something similar to sleeping naked with someone.

Notice from truefusion:
Quoted what could be found. The main source seems to be from the book, Gandhi's Passion: The Life and Legacy of Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

i would LOVE a link to where this was quoted from

Notice from truefusion:
Quoted what could be found. The main source seems to be from the book, Gandhi's Passion: The Life and Legacy of Mahatma Gandhi

I don't sleep nude... It's not due to the "feel" of it, it's more due to the dirtyness of it all. With clothes on you are keeping at least *some* of your skin cells from being spread all over your covers (blanket, sheet, bed, whatever) and thus you don't need to wash them nightly (or daily). If you are sleeping with nothing on you should be washing all of your covers every day or night.

I don't sleep nude... It's not due to the "feel" of it, it's more due to the dirtyness of it all. With clothes on you are keeping at least *some* of your skin cells from being spread all over your covers (blanket, sheet, bed, whatever) and thus you don't need to wash them nightly (or daily). If you are sleeping with nothing on you should be washing all of your covers every day or night.

Ewwwww.... the way that you put this is just totally disgusting, in my personal opinion... :( I suppose you are right though, but I really think that you should do something like that at least once in your life. Rejoice your primal heritage and the feeling of naked-ness!!! Haha, just joking. But I mean, if you absolutely love the feeling of the sheets and blankets on your naked skin, like face, arms, legs, and whatever, imagine if you have completely have a total of 100% access to the sheets and blankets. The feeling would be cool, smooth and just very nice over all.

I'd like to try it someday, (and of course, maybe wash the sheets after wards, because the excrement of the body will be more easily absorbed by the sheets and blankets and whatever), when I'm alone in my house or something like that... :) Which is highly unlikely, but still... :D :D :D

[REplying to kasm,51621,347398]I have slept naked since I was 15 years old and can't sleep any other way. Sleeping naked with a woman, I am a guy, is very warm, sensual relaxing and erotic. Two naked bodies sleeping while intertwined is the best feeling. The skin on skin sensation is out of this world. Not to mention that you are both ready for each other when you want each other. It keeps you both warm, too.-reply by wally

sleeping nudeSleeping Naked

My roommate and I sleep in the nude. He is also my BEST friend. We have known eachother since 5th grade. We started sleeping nude with eachother when we went to church camp. All of us wouldhave a moonlight skinny dip with the older boys. We have been sleeping nude ever since. We know every part of each other's body.

The rest of the dorm knows that we are nude. Even the graduate residence stops by to check on us. Some weekends he will stay with us using the unused bed. (we share the same bed on the week end)

-reply by college frehman

I always sleep nude. I'm 17 and have slept nude since I was 4. My older cousin showed me how much fun it is. He was 12 at the time, and stayed with us while his parents went on a cruise. At bedtime he stripped and took a bath, staying naked after. The following night, he invited me to take a bath with him. It was the first time anyone washed me without a rag. It was great, both being washed and washing him. I loved it when we washed eachothers peter and balls. After, he got into bed with me naked and held me in his arms. To this very day, I love being held naked in his arms, at night.

He is now a Prof at the University, I attend. It makes it easier to get together. I still love taking a bath with his.