xisto Community
9block

Is Your Windows A Genuine Or An Illegal Copy? Windows Copy = Legit/bootleg? [poll]

Windows Copy...  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First off, illegal copies are dangerous to use, as there always a possibility of getting caught, and secondly most warez or illegal files have malicious spy ware on them that will do damage to your computer. The best bet and the easiest is to buy the software. And why wouldn't you just buy it from the store? Most people download illegal files from the web because they do not have a paypal, but if this was available through the store, then people would buy it, which it is.

do you relly think that anybody with an eligal item would discus it with us that's very funny but anyways yah i do have a legal version. i'd never do that, get an illegal version, i have the worst of luck doing bad stuff :)

I originally had an XP OEM copy with no disc, but then I had to send in my computer for major repairs at a local store, and he had to back up my media, wipe the drive, then reinstall. I'm pretty sure my current (post-repair) copy is a fake, but it works just fine. I've been looking to switch to a dual-boot system (XP and Linux) but I'm currently waiting to buy an external drive to back up stuff on a partition before repartitioning it to give back all its space to C:/. After that, I'll remake the necessary partitions for having OSs and Page Files on separate drives.

I am running a legal copy that came with my HP laptop. In fact I have two copies of windows, one that is spare from a previous lapop that broke. Both computers came with the windows cd (although HP optimises XP for the laptops it was supplied with - I'm not completely sure what this comprise of, perhaps the HP logo in windows starting screen!!!)I would never feel safe to use a bootleg version. There's so much crap that could be running in the background or just not running at all it's risky.

Well i have a few computer (4), so i cant offord to go legit on all of them, but on the 2 legal ones i have copies of Windows Vista Ultiamte running, and on the other 2 i have Xp. I dont think thats to bad, seeing as how i paid a fortune for the 2 legal copies!

Out of the 4 computers in my house, 2 run Windows - one XP Home and one Vista Home Premium (or whatever stupid name Microsoft have given it). Both of those are legal versions, OEM without disk. The other two run Kubuntu 7.04, which is a little difficult to get an illegal copy of :)

I have an OEM copy of Windows XP. Windows Genuine Advantage, Windows Activation, and many other extra features are their in the original one.

Well if you know what your doing and where its coming from you can usually pull it off. You definitely should stay away from torrents, and Im not going to explain where or how I managed to score a bootleg. I know its wrong and I want to buy a legit copy soonSupport software developers.

bang On.. As long as you know what are u doing its okay.. personally, i do have a legit copy so no worries for me.. but honestly how many of us would rather wait for support staff? people who know that free hosting exists would more often than not sort out their basic OS problems.. but yes one should be cautious before delving into something of this sort..
cheers , Forever...

I have a 100% genuine copy. I can't beleive some people are stupid enough to use illegal copies. Whats the point? I mean common! OS systems can cause huge damage to your computer. OS is basically what your computer runs off of and if thats broken then your basically screwed. Plus who would be desprate enough to use a illegal version of it.

I am using it in my college, so its legal only.Also if there is something that you can give credit for the popularity of the windows operating system, its the pirated copies. I believe that half of the users use only pirated copies. This i can say you... I am in hostel and the strength of the hostel is around 3500 and in that there are around 1000-1500 systems.I am sure that only 100-200 of these systems have legal copies, that too obtained during the purchase of system for free... All the remaining operating systems have pirated copies.I guess, if everyone starts using only the original copies and use them, no one can beat Bill Gates ever... He will be the richest person for the next 100 years for sure. :rolleyes:

I have a 100% genuine copy. I can't beleive some people are stupid enough to use illegal copies. Whats the point? I mean common! OS systems can cause huge damage to your computer. OS is basically what your computer runs off of and if thats broken then your basically screwed. Plus who would be desprate enough to use a illegal version of it.

So if your hard drive failed, you would be just so eager to run to the store and buy another CD for $100+? (supposing you had an OEM install from the beginning) Thanks be to Linux, Vista and their DX10 scams were the last straws.

OS systems can cause huge damage to your computer.

No, you can cause huge damage to your computer.

Plus who would be desprate enough to use a illegal version of it.

Perhaps the millions of people that are tired of getting ripped off and don't want to/can't switch to another OS? Edited by dre (see edit history)

I own a OEM version of Windows without the disk, as my laptop got a 4 GB partition from installing from there (a very BAD idea, what you do if your hardrive fails?).My computer is a Lenovo R60e with Windows XP, I still don't know what "genius" at Lenovo decided to not ship a CD for reinstalling it in my Laptop.My next Laptop will be a Mac, I am bored of all this OEM stupidness (and Mac OS is such a beautiful Operating System).