xisto Community
9block

Is Your Windows A Genuine Or An Illegal Copy? Windows Copy = Legit/bootleg? [poll]

Windows Copy...  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a legit copy - if you format a lot, it's not worth the hassle of messing with dodgy versions (even if you used images, I suppose).I'm wondering how many people that have said they have legit copies actually have OEM versions when they've changed the hardware. That's never affected me (always bought whole system and got new copy), but seems like a gnarly bit of the law that most people aren't aware of.

I have an OEM copy of windows vista.It is original and came when I bought my new dell laptop.I would never download torrents as you never that the download would work or not and also its really unfair to cheat microsoft and the microsoft workers who managed to built such a great windows and continuing their good work.So bying an original copy is good.BE ORIGINAL,BUY MICROSOFTS GENUINE PRODUCTS. :)

its really unfair to cheat microsoft and the microsoft workers

That's one of the best parts of owning an illegal copy though? :)
I currently own an illegal copy of Windows XP that I downloaded from MiniNova. I originally owned a copy of Windows Xp Oem w/o a disk. Let's just say my computer died and I couldn't afford a new copy.
Microsoft have offered such a poor service- A DISTURBINGLY POOR SERVICE. I wouldn't mind if they lost billions of dollars over night as it may make them more humble and bring back that spark of originality that's been lost recently (I'm talking Vista). Until they improve standards I'm not paying for another Microsfot endorsed product unless it's hardware. :)

P.s> I'm amazed how easy it was to find an illegal copy that worked (I did have to sift through about two mislabeled copies).

I have an OEM copy of windows vista.It is original and came when I bought my new dell laptop.I would never download torrents as you never that the download would work or not and also its really unfair to cheat microsoft and the microsoft workers who managed to built such a great windows and continuing their good work.
So bying an original copy is good.
BE ORIGINAL,BUY MICROSOFTS GENUINE PRODUCTS. :)

same

my windows vista came with my packard bell .

No one I know in my neighborhood uses a legit copy of Windows. It's all downloaded or either copied from others. That's what Microsoft has to pay for putting such a high price on the OS. Who wants to spend more on software than hardware? It's not only with Windows. Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Norton antivirus also come in the long list of wares that will also be pirated as long as they exist.

has anyone you know of been caught using cracks or illegal copies?let me know if so!linux all the way.the terminal itself is better than xp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

its really unfair to cheat microsoft and the microsoft workers who managed to built such a great windows and continuing their good work.

So you're saying for selling crap for $400 that cost 10 cents to produce they deserve a pat on that back? Lmao! :)

Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Norton antivirus also come in the long list of wares that will also be pirated as long as they exist.

I wonder who would want to pirate the worst software in computer history. Edited by dre (see edit history)

I don't know about anyone else, but most computers you buy (with the exception of macs, second hand ones and a few from Dell i think put ubuntu on some machines) have a copy of windows. Now, I had an OEM copy on my desktop. Long story short the Motherboard needed replacing, and becauese the OEM copy only worked for "ACER" systems the CD wouldn't work with the new motherboard installed. Long story short the man who fixed my computer put windows on it.My question is, What is the big deal with "illegal" copies of windows, I am of course referring to situations such as the ones I described. It came with Windows XP, and there's a different copy of windows XP... what is the difference? I already have on licensed to the computer.>>>Besides that, The copy that is running on the acer machine is SP1, and the version I had pre installed was SP2...

I have an OEM copy of Vista, and my old compy had a disk version of XP. They're both legal, or at least the Vista version is. I'm not sure about the XP one, since I didn't buy it. (The computer or the operating system.)The reason there are so many illegal copies around is because it costs so much. If people actually paid $400 every time they bought a Windows operating system, then Microsoft would have a real monopoly and there'd probably be a lot less computer users in China right now, as well as probably North America. Then the rich-poor gap would widen even more until the poor people start dying off, and Microsoft would then have the whole world to provide for. And about 94% of computer users (not a valid statistic; can someone refer?) don't know Linux exists. What will they do then? Will they just have to drop their computers? Will computers become an invaluable asset of the rich, like they were back in 1970? I can see why Bill Gates is leaving.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)