xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

i use avg because someone here advised me to use it after my pc encountered problems. so far i haven't had any problems after i've used avg, except for hardware problems. grrr. our pc's motherboard got burned and they are blaming me because i use the pc all night long. like duh! if that's the case, they should be blaming my course in school not me! it's not as if our projects are that easy that i can do it in just a snap in front of the pc.oops... wrong topic. hehe

What anti virus do you use or wat one do you wish you had and wich works the best. I at the moment am using Anti Vir which i think is great because its preety good and most importantly it's free. Another good use of this program is it updates it virus definitions once, twice and sometimes more a day. Any one else use anti vir?

Couple of months ago i was using Norton Antivirus & Norton Internet Security ... and they worked fine but now im using McAfee Antivirus 2006 , and McAfee Internet security 2006. it works fine too.But i like it more since it doesnt bother alot unlike the norton antivirus.

What anti virus do you use or wat one do you wish you had and wich works the best. I at the moment am using Anti Vir which i think is great because its preety good and most importantly it's free. Another good use of this program is it updates it virus definitions once, twice and sometimes more a day. Any one else use anti vir?

I use nortons. I like it since it is very reliable and not only searches for viruses but also does some spyware/adware elimination too. I hasnt let me down yet so until it does, i wont be changing it.

I used to have Norton AntiVirus and switched to Norton Internet Security some time ago. However I find that Norton programs are taking quite an amount of resources and load time. My boot up time doubles after Norton was installed. It's a very obviously change on the delay after installation.Since then, I've swapped to the free antivirus AVG. Working well till now. Of course in comparrison, I still think Norton AntiVirus is better, in a way more secured. But AVG simply loads faster and doesn't take alot of resources. You can still surf the net or even edit a picture on photoshop while scanning your system with the full system scan on AVG antivirus. I doubt you can do that on Norton. It will simply make your computer dead slow in response.

Previously it was norton antivirus. But since then, I have discovered that there is a smaller and handier program from symantec, offering similar function, which is symantec antivirus, the coperate version of the home use program. Since I got the liscense of the coperate version from my school, I used that instead norton antivirus. It is really small, only 60MB or something, compared to the awesome 250MB norton antivirus. It is also less resource hungry.

We have norton antivirus and firewall 2004. We find this very good as it's only ?12 per YEAR, not as good as something thats free, but it's a very good antivirus. The annoying things for this is it's kind of expensive when you buy it, and they keep bringing out new versions with 'better' features and protection.

Yea we use Norton Virus thing for our desktop computer it's really good but i've eard bed stories from a friend wo had this installed and apparently it let over 100 viruses into his computer, either he didn't ave it set up properly or norton did someting worng. lol

Yea we use Norton Virus thing for our desktop computer it's really good but i've eard bed stories from a friend wo had this installed and apparently it let over 100 viruses into his computer, either he didn't ave it set up properly or norton did someting worng. lol

I use Avast, it' free and updates itself regularly, I have not had any problems since using this one

umm,I used Norton Internet Security and Skynet firewall to protect my laptop.because they always update automaticly,they can go against newest virus at the first time.for that,no virus have damaged my notebook till now,maybe luckly.recently I download a patch for Norton,which i can use norton till 2110 year... :blink:

I've been using McAfee's anti-virus since Version 4.3 came preinstalled on my Windows 98 machine. It's very reliable, and more importantly, does what I want it to do.